Attack and Defence

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Attack and Defence

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I seem to be spending a lot of effort on attact and defence lately. Being the catalyst for the the intense rancor of late does not set well with me. This forum has been and is one of the things I look forward to each day.
I have made some friends which I hope to keep for the rest of my life, and it appears a few folks who will forget me tomorrow. I can live with that trade off. As for what I expected of this forum, I admit I received far more enlightenment then I returned to the members. I may have intentionally mislead a little, but I have not made a single statement that was an intentional lie. This will be my final post, but I will continue to monitor this best of the best forums.
Joe Ribaudo
[email protected]
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Wait a minute! What the hell just happened here? I was on this site this morning and everything was fine. I leave you guys alone for a few hours, and you all get your noses out of joint and make your final postings!

Joe and Lone Wolf, knock it off! Both of you, and all the rest of us, can all make whatever observations we want here. I, personally, do a lot of thinking out loud here just to see what someone else might be able to make of it. I can't document everything. I can barely document anything.

Come on, you guys, chill out! No one knows what the real story is. We can debate and bounce ideas off each other, can't we?
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Wiz,

Looks like the boys are being naughty again. Oh well.

Farewell Joe and LW - I - for one, shall miss your input.

P
nicoh
Greenhorn

Post by nicoh »

Say it ain't so, Joe.
After thinking about it, I think I appreciate your humor even more than your info and takes on the LDM, and I rank your info on the LDM in high regard.
But it's your character that will be most missed if you do choose to depart.
I say this in DIRECT opposition to those who not only lack the awareness to perceive that, despite your penchant to show symptoms of foot-in-mouth-disease, you obviously mean well, but have a non-obviating sense of humor, but these select few people also feel compelled to play judge and for some reason need to write it on a public forum how they perceive your character.
You will certainly be missed. People without sense of humor and perhaps the inablility to let people be will not.
n
walker12
Part Timer

Post by walker12 »

Sorry to see you go Joe. I too will miss your posts. Best of luck with your ravine.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Aw, for crying out loud, you guys! Can't everyone just take a Prozac and forget about it? :(
don
Part Timer

prozac

Post by don »

wiz
i hope you are not advocating drug abuse on this forum.perhaps your prozac lozenges might be better appreciated on another forum? hmmmm
Wiz
Expert

Re: prozac

Post by Wiz »

don wrote:wiz
i hope you are not advocating drug abuse on this forum.perhaps your prozac lozenges might be better appreciated on another forum? hmmmm
Just can't help yourself, can you, don?
don
Part Timer

i cant help myself

Post by don »

gee wiz youre cute when your mad! but on a serious note incitement to or encouragement of the abuse of drugs prescription or otherwise in my opinion has no place on a public forum. if humour is banned then i think it logically follows that drug abuse has no place in a politically correct forum. ho hum banished to the wilderness?
Rosebud
Greenhorn

Come Back

Post by Rosebud »

People this is getting ridiculous. I would seriously and whole heartedly like to invite back those who have left this forum – Joe, Lone Wolf, Jim Hatt, Tom Kollenborn, Earl, LDM and all the others. Let’s please try and keep some perspective here. I belong to list serves in other fields and there are three basic protocols that keep things working well. I would suggest we practice them. First, on the forum no bad language, no flaming others and no commercial postings.

Second, if you want to flame someone for something – not a good idea, but it happens – write them individually. This is an accepted practice. The forum provides the means for e-mailing individual members. Use it. But, don’t do it publicly.

Third, forums like this one need to have an active moderator who on rare occasion steps in and tells people to cool it. Ron, we need help here. The boys occasionally need a chaperone or perhaps referee.

Now, if you simply can not contain yourself and for what ever reason feel you must challenge/flame someone publicly on the forum (an unfortunate occurrence, but again it happens), make your point in very few words. Please, do not harangue someone for paragraph after paragraph.

Finally, let’s show a little tolerance and common sense. Joe and I have different opinions about just whether or not Waltz was comfortable with the English language. After an exchange of ideas on the forum we e-mailed each other. There was no need to push the issue; Joe was not going to change his ideas that are based on his experiences/understanding, nor was I going to change my ideas on this matter that are based on my experiences/understanding. But, the private exchange of thoughts was very good and much appreciated by me.

So, this is a call to those members of the forum who have left or are thinking of leaving. Come back! We miss you. Don’t let the pettiness or pig-headedness or self-rightness or whatever of others dictate your actions by pushing you out.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Thanks, Rosebud, I agree 100% with everything you said.
Wiz
Expert

Re: Come Back

Post by Wiz »

Rosebud wrote:...those who have left this forum – Joe, Lone Wolf, Jim Hatt, Tom Kollenborn, Earl, LDM and all the others
That's the second reference I've seen to Tom K. leaving the site. I don't recall him being here, other than posting a couple of articles. What did I miss?