Remedial Geography Lesson

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Chief Oshkosh
Greenhorn

Remedial Geography Lesson

Post by Chief Oshkosh »

I'm a greenhorn in need of a serious LDM geography lesson. I'm hoping someone will take pity on an old Menominee and help me out.

As I am totally green, I will ask these questions in separate posts so as not to confuse my simple mind...

I've never been in the Superstitions but I have the big four topos (Goldfield, Weaver's Needle, Horse Mesa and Mormon Flat). I've been reading old posts here and I'm lost as to some of the locations they mention.

First is Squaw Canyon. There's a guy that refers to Squaw Canyon and Squaw Valley and someone else says "Old Squaw Canyon" and the first guy says Squaw Valley is Old Squaw Canyon. I assume that Old Squaw Canyon isn't the same as the one named "Squaw Canyon" on the topo. My greenhorn intellect says that Old Squaw Canyon must be either the one to the north or the one to the south. Can someone help me? Where is Old Squaw Canyon? (Although I really don't know why I'd want to know where a canyon with old squaws is. Hell I have an old squaw at home that I can't get rid of...)
Chief Oshkosh
Greenhorn

Post by Chief Oshkosh »

Hmmm... No one help'm old chief. Make chief think'm old squaw canyon heap big secret. Chief no want'm put white eyes on war path. Chief no talk'm 'bout old squaw canyon no more.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Maybe the injuns here arent as dum as you think...hell most of us knew who you were from your 1st post.....give it a rest pal.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Who's Who?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Now, Peter..... :lol:

Mr. Chief has been very well behaved, and impeccably respectful. Are you saying he's a wolf in sheep's clothing 8O :?: If that were true, shouldn't he (shortly) be savaging the flock? :?

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Chief Oshkosh
Greenhorn

Post by Chief Oshkosh »

Mr TGH

I don't know what I've done to piss you off or who you think I am. I was just trying to discuss some topics related to the Lost Dutchman Mine and add a little humor. Since my posts seem to anger a long time member to the extent that he feels the need to tell me that "hell most of us knew who you were from your 1st post" and to "give it a rest pal" then it's quite obvious that at least one member here no longer wants me to participate in this forum. Is this the majority opinion? If it is then Chief will post no more. Chief can take'm hint.

If it does prove to be the majority opinion let me say first that I have appreciated the critique of my somewhat ignorant opinions from others here who are far more knowlegable than me and were kind enough to voice their opinions. Thank you.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Okey-dokey chief. Dont let the door of your wickiup hit you on your hindquarters on the way out. And do me a favor, take your buddy Sam Brannan with u..................
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

chief oksosh.......youve learnt your first lesson......humour isnt approved ofon here.....unless of course the humourist is "one of the brethren", so no jokes, no wisecracks, no tongue in cheek comments, but you ARE allowed to smile at CERTAIN persons "jokes",but worry not.
Don update your email address