Waltz's Shotgun

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Waltz's Shotgun

Post by Thomas Glover »

In the newspaper reports of the Ortega killing it says the killing was done with Waltz’s shotgun. Does anyone have information on Waltz’s shotgun? Was it a short barreled coach gun or long barreled one?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Does Size Matter?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Dr. Glover,

The barrel was of a "deadly" size. :)

If anyone comes up with this information, they will be the prime candidate
for LDM Researcher of the Year. :lol:

On the other hand, Greg Davis probably has the piece in a file cabinet somewhere. 8O

How goes the struggle?

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

Jake gun

Post by bill711 »

Tom; The chance is about 7 in 10 that it was a sawed off shotgun if the jake used it for rabbit and qail that,s about the chances that the barral lenth were around here in Ok. The long Tom single barrel,s were about 8 in 10 of being sawed off to about 20 inches. Made them more efective in the blast area. Bill
Wyatt Westwood
Part Timer

Post by Wyatt Westwood »

A Thomas Moore Twelve Gauge Double Barrel Black Powder Hand made with a laminated brazilian steel (Import) Barrel.
:D
bill711
Expert

jakes clues

Post by bill711 »

www; Here you are wrong again; All 18th centry laminated gun barrels were made in india. They were made from horse shoe nail clipping,s mostly. They were wire twist barrels. I have 2 1883 L.C. Smith hammerless double barrels like he would probily have had. I have one later L.C. Smith Hunter Arms with hammers that were made later with the solid melt barrels made early in the 1900,s. Bill