END OF THE AGENDA

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

END OF THE AGENDA

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

For those of you who may still think there was no agenda involved in the disruption of the LDM Forum, you might notice that the Forum has had no problems since the instigators left.

For awhile they played over here, but soon realized that did nothing to destroy the Forum and left for good.

Management took "light" control and ended the game. They also ended Peter's advertisements.

I have looked in on Peter and friends new forum, and it is being well run and "moderated". They would never allow what they did here to happen to them. They had great teachers. :roll:

I realize that many of you are posting in both and will, no doubt, continue to do so. Looking back on what almost took place here, makes me sick.
Just wondered if anyone else was uneasy.....Probably not.

Knowing that the majority of members would not take sides is what made the whole thing plausible.

Now that it's all over, it's the best thing that could have happened to this Forum. :D

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Of course, some might say that those who said nothing for fear of offending anyone were as guilty as those who caused the disruption.although when i first visited this forum 3-4 years ago the victimization was evident then also,mostly aimed at newcomers such as myself. nobody ever supported me ,even in a distant way, the fact that i didnt need the support,or indeed didnt want it,was neither here or there,so it cant be argued that the trouble was a relatively recent thing.most people, and to a degree i include joe, were too busy currying favour with peter,and complimenting him on his "areas of expertise"(as he called it)......there was, and still is to a degree anyway,a large amount of egotism,elitism and pomposity still evidemnt on here at times,not as much as there was ,but its still there.I am not saying that applies to all the members,just 50% maybe ,or a little more. :lol: none os this i might add applies to yours truly :lol: i have been the proverbial paragon of virtue during my brief stay....cough cough cough.......
When people stop taking themselves so bloody seriously,when people stop thinking of the ldm as anything other than a minor diversion in their life....then and only then will there be peace on this forum.
I am sorry that i have written too fast and scruffilly for the majoritys liking,but would point out that it isnt writing that is on this page, but instead it is whats known as "extempore conversation"..unscripted, unrehearsed and above all definitely unedited. most of this kind of talk is ill considered ,hasty and often needs to be qualified,or, in extreme cases "called back" so to speak. i am therefore thankful for your indulgence. :lol:
Don update your email address
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I don't know everyone has always been pretty nice to me.......on occasion I might get ignored by the old dudes, but I figure thats more because of bad eyesight and forgefulness on their part.