Strange Coincidences

This is a moderated LDM discussion forum for those who prefer to be protected from disagreeable posts. Your moderator is Joe Ribaudo.

NOTE: The moderator will see your IP if you post to this form!

Moderator: Joe Ribaudo

zentull
Expert

Strange Coincidences

Post by zentull »

Back around 95 while hunting I got frustrated and picked a dead tree stump about 4 or 5 feet tall about 30 yards off and above me slightly and let loose with a couple of arrows for a touch of practice. I was using some Easton shafts silver with black stripes and red and black fletching with nice Rocky mountain broadheads and the 2nd arrow skimmed the stump and flew in to the brush to disappear from view. I spent a while looking and finally gave up on locating the shaft.

A year later a friend mentioned he found this arrow sticking through a small tree that had to be placed there for some directional purpose. It was about 6 feet off the ground and seemed to point to the cliffs above. I went to check it out and sure enough there was my arrow almost perfectly halfway through this little tree. I took the broadhead and left the shaft wondering what kind of mischief it would cause hikers in the future. Last time I checked a few years back it was still there.