Filled hole, why?

This forum is designed to be a place of learning, discussion, opinions, positive attitudes, and a general gathering of people with the same interests to post as they please.

Moderator: Jesse J. Feldman

djui5
Expert

Filled hole, why?

Post by djui5 »

I was reading "The Killer Mountains" and it says they dug out the pit, went through 2 layers of "cement", and found wood logs at the bottom, but no gold.

Why would the indians, or whoever, fill in an empty pit? Also, has anyone else explored this area? Has anyone found the graves of Wiser or the 2 mexicans?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

The story goes that the Apaches decided to fill all the Peralta mines after the massacre. There have been a number of pits that have been found with the cement/caliche. The Ldm location was said to be either too difficult or inaccessible and was left alone. Waltz supposedly covered this at a later date. Unfortunately I dont believe you can date the caliche because it is made of a mineral composition. At this time I do not believe anyone has dated the timber found in any of those discoveries. I could be wrong and that is information that is not being shared. Glen Magill was still searching in the eighties. Gene Reynolds made several posts concening Magills later thoughts on his discovery.