Jacob Waltz

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
bill711
Expert

Jacob Waltz

Post by bill711 »

Joe: I think maybe I wasn,t clear enough on the picture of the dutchman I saw. He had a full rounded beard, He had his hat on and his white hair hung just below the hat line, Not over his ears. He did look neatly dressed. He was smoking a pipe. He was sitting down so it,s alittle hard to tell his weight, BUT he,s sitting in front of a big tent. which could make he look smaller. BUT he fills up the camp chair pretty good. NOW it didn,t say how long he had been out in the wilds looking for the loot. His beard is as white as mine. Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

A Pictures Worth......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

There has never been an authenticated (that I know of) picture of Jacob Waltz. If you have seen such a picture, please give the forum the source as we would all be interested in seeing it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

Jacob Waltz

Post by bill711 »

:oops: Joe: I found the picture BUT my mind was playing tricks on me, I think. I described the pic. wrong to you unless. I have another with him, like I described :oops: I think I had my pic,s mixed up. BUT here is the one I found. He is thick chested as you said, Mustache, hat in hand, smoking his pipe, sitting down It looks like the old coot,s bald headed to me. The caption reads Jacob Walz of the lost Dutchman mine fame at George McCormick,s camp North of Mogollon Rim in 1890 While the two were looking for the treasure" bank loot"The man unidentified at the left was probaly a prospecter paying a call. He,s sitting down too. It does have a picture of McCormick in the mag. too. The photo was the curtsy of the McCormick,s family. Melvin was Georges son He was a tresure hunter too. Maurice Kildare wrote the article . This story is from The OLD WEST winter of 1969. somebody: wanted to know about tardas, mexi for turtle, Hence turtle mountain or mountain shaped like a turtle. Desease: Actully that was 5.00 for wolves or coyotes , you had to hand them both ears. I guess it worked to, because I never seen any of them or rattle snakes when I was young and out in the mountains. Since they lifted the bounty, we don,t have so many wolves BUT we got cayotes and rattle snakes out the wazooo now. We had to kill them old water mocusiens. We wasn,t wealthy enough to have a rattler to play with when we were young. Bill
Aurum
Part Timer

Jacob Waltz Photographs

Post by Aurum »

xx
Last edited by Aurum on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Photo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Aurum,

Good to see you back again.

It is hard to disagree with your logic concerning this picture. Actually it is hard to disagree with you on anything. :lol: Of the photos purporting to be Waltz, I think you are right that this one has the best chance of being the real thing. "Best chance" are the key words here. It would be nice to know what the Dutchman really looked like, but we will have to make do with the descriptions of those who knew him.

Take care and have a very Merry Christmas for yourself and your loved-ones.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Aurum
Part Timer

Jacob Waltz photographs.

Post by Aurum »

xx
Last edited by Aurum on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Folks,

Since we are Merry Christmasing each other, I'd like to add an observation. Having recently returned home from a short trip to AZ I noticed a marked and welcome (from my point of view)difference in NY and AZ holiday greetings.

In NY folks in stores and such wish one a "Happy Holiday". In AZ folks wished my wife and I a "Merry Christmas" (without exception I might add).

An interesting contrast.

So, you folks have yourselves a Merry Christmas (even you Joe)....lol

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Merry Holiday

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

Merry Holiday just doesn't have a ring :lol: to it. It's good of you to add
"even" me to your good wishes. Had I known you were in Arizona, I would have invited you and your bride to dinner. It would have been good to meet you.

The real question here is: How do you respond when someone wishes you a Happy Holiday? :wink:

Let me be the first (on the forum) to wish you and your wife a very Merry Christmas and the best New Year of your life. I hope the coming year will be all you could wish for.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

holidays

Post by bill711 »

Peter: Have a very merry christmas and a happy new year for you and your bride. bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

look for the code

Post by dutch elm disease »

BAH! ..... HUMBUG! :lol:

pom pom
bill711
Expert

DED

Post by bill711 »

I want to Wish you and All The Dutchman Hunters Very Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year!!! BILL :D