red hills.

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

red hills.

Post by count »

Great site. Nice info. Of course the three red hills are part of the story, but there are so many as Peter said, that which clues are true? If we only knew which way the Dutchman came into the mountains, would be valuable. I personally believe he entered from the south. The red hills north of Bluff Springs are so insignificant looking ,that I doubt they were them. I guess the mine is where it is, not where anyone wants to put it. To me the only way the mine will ever be proved is by the comparison of ore that was found in a box when the dutchman died, under his bed with what would surely exist at least to some degree at the mine itself.How about the clue that he past a two room house on the way to the mine?
count
Expert

Post by count »

I beleive Waltz entered the mountains from different directions to throw off what he perceived to be the ever present <br>treasure seekers that supposedly dogged his steps. I think that a case can be made for him entering the mountains <br>at Miners Needle Pass, Tortilla Creek and the Government Wells area. This , of course, throws some doubt on to the direction of the "3 red hills" clue. <br>that he apparently gave to Rhiney Petrasch. <br> <br>Please see comments about the 2 room house under a seperate heading, I beleive it is an important clue so decided to comment about it in a different subject.