Superstition Mountain Journal

Discussions, feedback and suggestions about the Superstition Mountain Journal and its articles.
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Superstition Mountain Journal

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Gentelman: Just a quick update on the next Superstition Mountain Journal. Lanna finally got her computer fixed and the next Journal entered. She sent it off last week to Jack Carlson for proof reading. After that its back to Lanna for corrections and then if all goes well it will be sent to the printers. The printers usually takes about 2 to weeks to print the journal. By the way, if you have not yet heard, the contractors have broken ground on the new Superstition Mountain Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Museum at our new site on the Apache Trail. He says he will be done by July. Greg Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentlemen: The new Superstition Mountain Journal, Vol.21, 2003 is now available. It contains stories about Robert Lee, Haunted Canyon, Newspaper Clippings from the past, and a story about Joe Maxwell by Clay Worst. The Journal can be purchased at the Superstition Mountain Museum. Journal Vol.22 for 2004 is now in the process of being developed. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Wiz
Expert

2004 Journal

Post by Wiz »

Hi Greg,

Looking forward to the 2004 Journal - any news or ETA?
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Wiz; Helo, The next journal is in its final format. It is currently with Lana for the final proof reading and corrections to the CD. From there it will go to the printers. My best guess is sometime within the next 2 months. Cordially, Greg Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentlemen; The next Superstition Mountain Journal, Vol 22, 2004 has gone to the printers. It should be ready for public distribution in 2 to 4 weeks. For you treasure hunters, the story of "The Sleeping Squaw Treasure" should be of much interest. Let us know what you think of it. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Good news, Greg, thanks! Looking forward to it!
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentelmen; The Superstition Mountain Journal, Vol. 22, 2004 is now available. It can be purchased at the Superstition Mountain Museum. Cordially, Gregore E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Gentelmen; The Superstition Mountain Journal, Vol. 22, 2004 is now available. It can be purchased at the Superstition Mountain Museum. Cordially, Gregore E. Davis
novice
Expert

Post by novice »

Greg,

I have been to the Superstition Museum Web Site and I found the membership application.

What is the difference between the Prospector and the Gold Panner membership. (Other than $20)?

I also noticed that Rocha had posted this question in 2004 but I couldn't find an answer.

"Speaking of Journals, does the museum have every issue; I would be interested in purchasing all of those."

I know you have said the later Journals are at the Museum for purchase. Is there any other way to get our hands on those and some of the back issues? Order them over the Internet? I know the Museum offers books but I could find nothing on the Journals.

Looking enviously from Missouri,

Garry Cundiff
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Hi Rocha; Thank you for the post. The reason I never answered Rocha's post is that I have not been able to locate all of the answers to his requests. The Mesa Court has given me nothing but headaches pertaining to the records from Judge Standage when he was on the bench and if he ever heard the case on Keenan and Purnell. I still have not given up on the project but need to make a friend of someone who works at the court who is willing to follow through with this undertaking. I do not know the difference between Prospector and Gold Panner membership. You will have to call the museum to find out which one is which. 1-480-983-4888. The museum does not have all of the back issues available of the Journal. Several have been sold out for years. The ones that we still have sell for about $1.50 to $3.00 each or less. Again you will have to contact the museum for issues available. Come to think of it, they may be listed in the quarterly newsletter that is put out to the members. The museus does have a complete set on file and I am sure arrangements can be made to obtain zerrox copies. The museum is the only place where the journals can be purchased other than some of the used book stores that may have obtained back issues through a book buy. Museum; Superstition Mountain Historicas Society, 4087 N. Apache Trail, Apache Junction, Arizona 85219. Hope this answers your questions. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Wiz
Expert

2005 Journal

Post by Wiz »

Hello Greg,

If you're still monitoring this miserable mess that used to be a forum, is there any sign of the 2005 Journal in the forseeable future? I haven't had my journal fix in quite a while!
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Helo Wiz: It has recently been brought to my attention that I have been negligent in my duties and responsibilities to this site in providing our patrons with a timely answer. To that I apologize. Jack Carlson and Lanna have been working with a new computer program for composing the journal. This is designed to work in conjuction with the computers at Ray's Printers in Apache Junction who prints the Journal. The learning processes has taken some time. They are now formating the journal. As of now we just do not have a date as to when it will be finished. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Hello: The 2006, Vol. 24 of the Superstition Mountain Journal is now available for sale to the public. It can be purchased at the Superstition Mountain Museum. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Re: Superstition Mountain Journal

Hello everyone: The 2008 Superstition Mountain Journal will go to press at the end of this month. I will let you know when it is available for sale. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis