The Maps/Clues/Treasures

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Maps/Clues/Treasures

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

How many conclusions have shown up for the Stone Maps, The Ruth Maps, Wagner, Wieser, Gonzales,Fish, Etc. How many Caves with gold bars, solid gold sunburst, gold priest, silver bars and viens of almost solid gold? Didn't mean to leave out a particular placer mine as well.
How many clues, monuments, engravings, shadows, trails, mountain outlines, rock faces, rock indians, rock horses heads and various and sundry cactus markers. If I left out your favorite clue I assure you it was unintentional. These things are spread out over the entire range, not to mention the entire State. Are the conclusions drawn by these people all wrong, or could they all be correct? Since many are in widely differing areas of the mountains, how could they all be correct. What if the Stone Maps are not to a specific part of the range? Suppose you find a triangle with a slash out the side on Iron Mountain. Would it point out a mine directly opposite the slash side? Then you find a teepe carved into a rock face in Peters Canyon. Would you find a mine to the West? You also find a shadow of a priest with a cross on the South side of Weavers Needle. Such a shadow does exist if anyone is interested. It can be seen late in the afternoon. Are there treasures below the cross? If these conclusions were to prove out, you could not connect the three areas to the Stone Maps, but you could connect the clues to the treasures they point out. Rather then trying to decipher the entire map, do you only need to find a specific clue, or monument and it will point out a treasure? I am sure you have all come to your own conclusions, and found your own clues. I'm also sure that you can not tie all of the clues together. Something is always out of place, or just plain missing. Perhaps that is intentional. If you are trying to hide a tree, you put it in a forest. Without a doubt, the maps, clues and stories will take you from one end of the mountains to the other. Found any new clues lately? If the one I gave you leads you to a treasure, send me my share.
zentull
Expert

Maps,Clues,Treasures

Post by zentull »

I have spent considerable time in the Superstitions since 1974, and while there is always campfire talk about the mine, I have not spent a single minute searching for a lost mine or buried treasure. I know many people personally who have wasted a small fortune and ruined their lives chasing phantoms in the mountains. I have watched as clues are left by obviously individuals with a sense of humor and watched some things, whether they are relevant or not, just vanish as if to conceal some secret. I have been awakened by gunfire and dynamiting in the middle of the night, and seen people dragging their sorry butts out after biting off more than they could chew. I never asked anyone their name and tried to always bring some spare food to elicit hunt information from the prospectors I would run across. I am always particularly enchanted by those who perservere without pause and by landmarks that jive with what Ive read. I smoked hash on the mountainside with some teenage apaches that were lost( so much for their tracking skills) and remember one occasion I about lost it when I encountered a couple of adults urinating into a waterhole. Rather than laugh at friends who chased after the mine with maps they had purchased, I was always more concerned with their wellbeing. I do know when you lose your perspective in the desert mountains you become a danger to yourself. I do understand that many people here take this very serious and consider themselves professionals in this area. However it should be remembered that there are more people than we can imagine that would run out there in a pinch without a care in the world of their own safety. I would hope that most who post here are enjoying the experience and savoring the wilderness, rather than turning a blind eye to the real treasure that is free for all of us to bring home.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

I just re-read your last posting here, zentull. You sound like a very level-headed guy (I assume you're a guy), and your perspective is right on the money. I don't think we have any of the crazies posting here, but I might be wrong. You, though, have obviously found the real treasure.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and Happy New Year. May we all find whatever it is we're looking for.