the candidate debates

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
lbj
Part Timer

the candidate debates

Post by lbj »

sign up to rate the upcoming debates between the presidential candidates http://www.freepress.net/debates for free press.

"Free Press is a national, nonpartisan organization working to reform the media. Through education, organizing and advocacy, we promote diverse and independent media ownership, strong public media, and universal access to communications."
critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Clowns in a barrel

Post by critter »

If McCain has it his way there won't be a debate to rate. Apparently he feels the need to politicise the market bailout legislation by going to Washington to assist a committee that neither he nor Obama are a member of. This is an absolute disgrace and disrespectful of the American people's desire to understand each candidates views on the issues. This guy is running a less is more campaign with carefully choreographed "meetings", antics, and political stunts. How pathetic! Luckily the democrats have thus far been able to expose these games for what they are and are revving up the polls quite handily. It's like shooting clowns in a barrel.

Critter
lbj
Part Timer

Post by lbj »

obama makes a private call to mccain this morning to sugget they issue a joint statement on the bailout. he gets the answering machine. nobody there to take the (3am) call. mccain calls back in the afternoon and agrees to obamas suggestion. next thing we know mccain announces he has a plan and is suspending his campaign. shame on mccain to betray the trust obama put in him. that is not the sign of a good leader. its the sign of a cheater.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

quite a ride from,
" i have the political capital, and i'm gonna spend it."
to tonight's,
" the entire economy is in danger".

why of course it is...you plumb fucked it up.

readjustment is an economic fact...how often you hear that when someone lost their life's savings in a quick dollar?, or 'you bought a house way beyond your means'...move out...

when the readjustment involves the owners of multinational corporations....whoooh...bail us out...

don't think about it...and we'll only take the peoples money with no strings or accountability for it's use...leave the money in low dominations non consecutive serial numbers......no dye packs or GPS chips either.

whew. glad i have nothing to do with it.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I rarely post here, but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on a yearly visit to the H&D clinic:

If the debate happens as scheduled(I have a feeling they will all come to some last second agreement) we all lose.

Laz will say Bush is too stupid to screw in a light bulb, but fact is the House and Senate combined couldn't either.

3 out 4 candidates have been ignoring the problem and wasting our tax dollars for years. Their voting records are pretty pathetic and the only thing that scares me more than McCains self promoted bi partisanship is Obamas complete lack of history to ever approach anything bi partisan.

Neither of these guys deserve my respect until one proves he actually will do what he says.

These guys aren't going to alienate voters by pointing out that good old greed by a lot of folks put us in a bad situation. They aren't going to hold people who blew it and put themselves before their own children accountable.

Blow all the rhetoric about the candidates. They have failed us in the past, what makes you think a pretty speech will change anything?

Divided we fall.......

Saturday I have to attend a dedication ceremony that placed 6 families and 33 people total in homes through a wonderful effort by habitat for humanity.

United We stand.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
critter
Part Timer

Eh?

Post by critter »

For a second there I though Zen would offer some anecdotal evidence and then take the high road out of town....wait a second, upon further review...

By the by, Habitat builds have been shown to lead to the demise of local construction industries in developing countries, reference Fiji and Guatemala for a start. It's a good thought, but you know what they say: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he'll never go hungry...or something like that. Of course, what do I know, I'm just a kid who goes all over the world training locals how to develop their local economies.

Critter
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Zen,
you just lost my respect.
For you to dog on Obama clearly implies a lack of common sense or understanding on your part. How stupid are you?

Fuck your ignorant rhetoric! Obama didn't get us into this mess... the Bush administration did. Obama has not and is not in a position to fix the mistakes caused by the selfish shitbags who insisted on voting Republican. That includes you!

Instead of talking shit, put up or shut up! Where is you evidence supporting your stupid remarks? Show me the money. Talk is cheap, and your remarks are baseless, and worthless.

Let me guess...
you're a racist.

Bring it on, genius!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

I've been predicting this mess for months, while you stupid fucks rolled your eyes. My words are all here for you to read. I knew better, but I can't think for you, and you obviously can't think for yourselves.

Zen,
how very cowardly of you to blame others for not being able to fix your mistakes.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Zen,
I' not going to tone it down, nor dumb it down. Those days are gone. The US is in crisis.

I warned you guys repeatedly that this day would come, and your a fucking liar if you claim you didn't roll your eyes and scoff.

I'm a news junkie. Since it's a habit I cannot break, I decided to embrace it. Sometimes I even get paid for my effort. I knew there were no WMD's in Iraq long before the invasion because I did my homework. I can read the maps because I've done my homework. I'm not buying any bullshit, because I've done my homework.

I know better.

Brad
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

So Barrack isn't an elected official?

"Zen,
I' not going to tone it down, nor dumb it down. Those days are gone. The US is in crisis.
I warned you guys repeatedly that this day would come, and your a fucking liar if you claim you didn't roll your eyes and scoff. "

I actually have been worried about the economy for 3 years with all thats going on locally. Sticking fingers in the holes best I can, but I saw it coming........

How come they didn't see it coming? Why weren't they on the ball?
I am pretty sure they got Cspan and CNN on our tax dollars. It is not like this has been rolling around and no one noticed. I really wonder how much they would care if it wasn't an election year?

So I am a racist cause I don't like Obama, so I must hate old people cause I don't like McCain.

Hey, that was next years worth too....See you folks in 2010 I suppose.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

any child learns bubbles are transient, their only substance is the surface.
build an economy on bubbles, pretty soon you have nothing...
why not let it collapse and find the true worth of the dollar...
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

racism is prejduce with power.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

the candidate debates

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

I am going to start this post with the disclaimer that I do no think that either candidate is fit to become the next president of the U.S.

As for my racial stance, I would have been pleased to have had the opportunity to vote for Colin Powell because in my estimation he had the knowledge and experience to lead this country. Unfortunately he choose not to run.

The old political saying, "the president proposes and the congress disposes" is where the problem lies. President Bush did not provide the leadership needed, one of his faults, and the congress did not do its duty to keep this country on an even keel. This is why the congress has a significantly lower approval rate that the president.

I see from the posts on this topic that the problem is starting to gnaw at some of you. Let me add to your doubts. Some time in the eighties a book was published by Bother (not sure of the spelling) this book predicted the fall of Russia and also the fall of this country. Well Russia collapsed and some time in the nineties I started to believe that I was not
living in the same country that I was born in. When you look at what is going on today with the wanting to appoint an individual that would have no oversight by any governmental agency or court nor the congress and this person would be given hundreds of billions of dollars. I would pose the question, are we looking at a non bloody attempt to overthrow our country?

jim hamrick
critter
Part Timer

Bloodless Coup

Post by critter »

Wasn't the bloodless coup in November of 2000?

Great accomplishments are rarely produced by cynical people.

Critter
lazarus
Expert

NO DEAL!

Post by lazarus »

I would have voted for Colin Powell too, before he sold his soul before the United Nations. He lied, and he knew he was lying... he said so himself. The man is responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people. He should hang for war crimes. He is no president.

UPDATE:
NO DEAL!

Insiders are saying the meeting ended very badly, with Bush and McCain both causing more harm than good.

Grow some balls!
A week ago McCain claimed the economy was strong. A week later he claims the economy is so bad he must back out of his prior commitments to go talk more shit. All he did at the meeting was cause additional strain. Wake up, people!

Brad
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

My 7 year old son has a school election thing for the presidential race and watched the debates. He said one of his girlfriends at school said to vote for "Morrock Mobama". We worked on the pronunciation and then he asked why McCain looked so old and why did he grow his hair back?

I was confused until he said he thought he would vote for McClain cause "Diehard" was a good movie.

As bad as that seems he used to think Barrack was "The Rock" from wrestling.

My middle son is voting for "Baliey" and my daughter likes Jim the moderator.

I guessed the candidates failed to do much to impress the under 10 crowd.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

(AP) The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

Jopek criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," she said.