Ales Hrdlicka Reports

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
novice
Expert

Ales Hrdlicka Reports

Post by novice »

Joe Ribaudo furnished copies of the Hrdlicka papers he obtained from the Smithsonian Institution. I have added them to the LDM Documents web site. They replaced the previous file entitled Skull Examination, Hrdlicka. They are found under Hrdlicka – Halseth Correspondence.

I included Gregory’s account and also Tom Kollenborn’s account from his book. For anyone studying the Adolph Ruth skull angle, they should also return to the newspaper accounts.

The Hrdlicka papers clarified a lot of the background and brought to light several issues. They help us understand the Odd Halseth involvement, provide an improved timeline, raise questions about why Hrdlicka was changing the wording in his two drafts, what happened to his “official” reports, etc.

I’m introducing a new thread in the hope that some of these questions can be investigated here.

How large was the smaller (entry?) hole? Over 1 inch in diameter or a 2 inch diameter can be significantly different. (About 4 times). Halseth used the 2 inch diameter as did Hrdlicka initially.

I am speculating that even Hrdlicka was having trouble with the large entry hole (hence the shotgun). I know I am.

There is a lot of forensic information on the web, but I have found nothing that addresses anything like this. Maybe someone else can come up with something.

Garry