White Strangers and Papago Gold

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Roger
Part Timer

Eugene Lyons

Post by Roger »

I sent my questions out to Eugene Lyons on Tuesday. Let's see what type of response I get back. Will keep your posted.

Roger
Jan
Part Timer

Re: The Quiet Lyon

Post by Jan »

Joe Ribaudo wrote: The whole idea of this "secret code" seems far fetched to me. It does not fit with the actuall events of the time. Are we to believe the Jesuits, and others, were hiding the king's share of gold and silver and using the king's code to draw maps to the locations of the loot? Just how stupid were the Jesuits?
Excellent post Joe, not just what I quoted above but the entire post!

Although I believe that there are other sets of stone maps in the archives in both Spain and Mexico City, and that they were made using a standard set of rules which may have been formally or informally called the King's Code, My opinion is that Mr. Kenworthy took whatever shred of truth he may have discovered and embellished it with his own theories.

I have a copy of an audio tape of Kenworthy's presentation (made at the same time the picture below was taken) on how to read the stone maps using the King's Code.

There is very little consistancy between his verbal explaination of how to use the King's Code given during the presentation, and the information presented in his books, leading me to believe that he was just making a lot of stuff up as he went along in his lectures and in his books.

Just my opinion,

Jan
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More Kenworthy

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Aurum had some insight into Chuck Kenworthy, and gave it to us in the "Spanish Mine Trail Markers" topic:

"I met Chuck Kenworthy back in 1979 while he was in the Superstition mountains on the mountain above Charlebois . He had some men and equipment up there doing some type of ground penetrating radar/sonar looking for buried caves, tunnels and shafts. I believed he called his treasure hunting expedition the Quest Heart. He explained how he had discovered Spanish markers and symbols in the areas of Charlebois and across LaBarge on the north end of Bluff Spring mountain. He struck me as a sincere, dedicated and highly intelligent man. Sometimes his conversation would seem solid and logical and perfectlly relevant to what he was showing you, then in an instand he would lose you with a theory or explanation that came right out of left field. I didn't understand everything he said to me, but I was sure that he believed it and had a good chance of finding it."

When Aurum wrote this, you could take his words to the bank. Probably should have.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jan,

"Although I believe that there are other sets of stone maps in the archives in both Spain and Mexico City, and that they were made using a standard set of rules which may have been formally or informally called the King's Code, My opinion is that Mr. Kenworthy took whatever shred of truth he may have discovered and embellished it with his own theories."

Can you tell us why you "believe" the above?

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Jan
Part Timer

Post by Jan »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Jan,

"Although I believe that there are other sets of stone maps in the archives in both Spain and Mexico City, and that they were made using a standard set of rules which may have been formally or informally called the King's Code, My opinion is that Mr. Kenworthy took whatever shred of truth he may have discovered and embellished it with his own theories."

Can you tell us why you "believe" the above?

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

I could, but I won't. :P "US" will have to do their own research and come to their own conclusions.

Jan
bill711
Expert

papago gold and white strangers

Post by bill711 »

WHINNY, WHINNY, WHINNY JOE! :lol: bill 8)
Roger
Part Timer

Treasure Map and Trail Codes

Post by Roger »

Here is a website for Research Unlimited that lists for sale a number of books on treasure map and trail marker codes - many for Spanish codes. It is the only consolidated list I have seen on this topic. Not a lot of listings - Kenworthy is there plus Carson and Stewart.

FYI

Roger