Jones and Piper

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

You know...I actually thought that Piper would be a subject we could talk Dutchman about.

It's too bad what this board has developed into.
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

its a free country..(at least it used to be)....if you dont like the posts...dont read them...if you continue to whine about everything people post in here....maybe we will all stop posting and you wont have anything to whine about....public forums are meant for people to post their opinions......if you dont like our opinions...start your own forum
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

Your right. Anything can be posted here since it is a unmoderated forum. But this forum was started in order to discuss the LDM. Hence the name LDM discussions.

In case you haven't noticed, as the subject drifts away from the intended subject matter people do just as you suggest. They leave. Many of those folks have already chose not to contribute. Take a look at some of the topics from six months ago and compare them to recent posts. Look at who was contributing. If you are unable to see the corelation between jumping on someones ideas or drifting off the intended subject and the input of today, so be it.

Right now this forum appears to be the Bill, Dave, and Joe forum. If your happy with that...well I guess you guys will have fun discussing whatever catches your fancy and you can bicker til your hearts content. I want to be involved in LDM discussions. Not bitch sessions. If I want that I just have to say five or six key words and my wife will readily accomidate.

I personally have not posted in quite some time just for that reason.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Off Topic

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Knun,

These topic often stray into side canyons, such as a little history on the Spanish/Jesuit treasure possibilities. Some members seem to take that as an open invitation to climb the highest peak of conversation they can find. All of the topic is left far behind in the canyons and valleys.

This is the point where "moderators" are suppose to step in and move these lofty words of wisdom to another area of the site. This has been done in the past, so this is a moderated forum. 8O 8O

A good many of the members believe that disagreement on the "facts" that surround the Suplerstition Mountains is tantamount to gunplay. If you have other "facts" that don't agree with what is being written here, it has become a personal insult to ask for sources.

You have placed me in the same category as Dave and Bill, I assume, because of this comment:

"You need only look to the history of Mexico and the Mexican Government today, to see why they are such a poor nation. The Spanish were master thieves and the theft of Mexican treasures by those in power continues to this day."

Taken by itself that would be a correct reading of my comment. Read in context of the rest of the post, it is not leading us into a condemnation of the Mexican people as an ethnic population.
The comment was directed at "those in power" and is accurate. History bites!

"History bites" means that it is not always kind to "everyone" and is often painful to some. Peter has often been generous enough to give us some history of our own ancestors in the Southwest that is less than kind. While I took some offense because I felt the blanket was being thrown over the good as well as the bad, there was a tremendous amount of truth and accuracy in his statements. I did not run away because I disagreed with his "one sided" argument, but offered another opinion.

In this case, Dave and Bill have left the topic completely behind, and have started a new topic. It belongs in another forum, and it is up to them, or the "moderators" to move it there. Their comments are distracting but not terminal. :wink:

Respectfully,

Joe
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bill711
Expert

piper and marie

Post by bill711 »

OK Joe, knun ; If you could have waited for my next go round I was going to talk about how nice the spanish people from el salvador and hornandas are. BUT I will not do that now. Joe you know when I came to the forum nobody was saying shit to anybody. YOU had a real good BLANK screen. YOU were talking to your self to keep the forum open. They sure wasn,t anybody wearing out any paper and pencil. Piper and marie I thought we had discussed them pretty good. I can,t see that there is anything left to say. WHAT the hell do you want to know about them KNUN? IF I know I will damn sure tell you so you can rest awhile!! BILL says every one can come on the screen and talk or discuss anything they want to if it strays aways from the ldm so want its not costing the other members 1 red cent. They are not required to read it. IF they have something of substance to say let them come on and say it?? I do not think they really even know duddally squat about anything anyway. I think www is ahead of them there, he at least exrocises his brain alittle. Joe just go back and see exactly what knun has put on the air. Nothing of substance at all. not even a good windy. If I say anything on here that offends anyone at anytime let them say so and I will tell them how I came by those feelings! JOE what we have here is some of the members want to act like their rears are so knowledable and they are so above the vulger fray that they are agast at the goings on yes Joe they are AGAST! THE truth is they see us boys enjoing our conversations and its too much for them and they just have to try to put a stop to it right now. :twisted: Bill 8)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Everyone is Fair Game

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

When it comes to opinions and opposing comments, everyone is fair game.

You are incorrect about no one posting when you "came to the forum". You joined in Dec. of 2003 and there were a number of people posting at that time. At this point in time, that number is down, as Knun pointed out. He also pointed out why that is so.

I don't really need to go back through Knun's posts to see that he has been a valuable contributor to the LDM topic. It is obvious that he has done a bit more research into the subject than some.

"I think www is ahead of them there, he at least exrocises his brain alittle."

"www" would need a lot of leashes to excercise those dogs. :lol:

"If I say anything on here that offends anyone at anytime let them say so and I will tell them how I came by those feelings!"

I don't know about the others, but, like a pile of horse crap in the road, it is better to walk around some of the comments on this forum, than step into the mess. That is why some of the better informed members have become silent. They are probably better off for it.

This is Knun's topic, so I imagine he will end it when he has heard enough. The way that you say it is over, is to stop posting on the subject, and start a topic of your own, or join someone elses.

What do they call the people of "hornandas"?

Last but not least, you should take your own advise and "go back and see exactly what knun has put on the air." You might want to follow that by looking at your own posts and comparing the two for "substance". :?

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

piper and marie

Post by bill711 »

Joe; you missed my point completely you were the only one saying anything that other you were hearing was your echo and wiz and knun accusing you of hogging the conversation. These guys might know some little something but they sure haven,t told anybody anything on the tube. I will not talk or address those 2 real fine fellers again. Joe I said HONDERUS I mispelled it because I was distracted. I was also going to say that the mexicans that were raised in south TEXAS seemed to be good people too. The police average 50 or more arrest a month on I-40 of mexicans from mexico heading up north with mary jane, coke and the rock candy. Large amounts too. I think the reason people quite posting for awhile is that things get talked out and we run out of things to discuss. NOT because someone gets in a heated discussion. JOE they have spanish/indians in Honderus and real good looking weman too. I wish ole DED would come one and tell his episode about his operation. bill 8) 8) 8)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

To The Point

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

"Joe you know when I came to the forum nobody was saying shit to anybody. YOU had a real good BLANK screen. YOU were talking to your self to keep the forum open."

Is this the point I missed?

Respectfully,

Joe
azdave35
Part Timer

Post by azdave35 »

bill is right....the reason there arent as many posts here is because most everything has been gone over at least once...not because of the discussions....not hard to figure out
bill711
Expert

piper and marie

Post by bill711 »

Joe; I am not going tobe disrespectful to you about this topic but you were reading alittle desparate to get someone to say something. Don,t you remember how everyone sat around waiting for someone to say something that they didn,t know? They sure wasn,t putting out much info. NOW this isn,t about the ldm so I will not say another word on it. :lol: bill 8)
bill711
Expert

Piper and fifer

Post by bill711 »

go to the other forum please. except for the old fart.s you are welcome too www. Bill 8)
bill711
Expert

piper and marie

Post by bill711 »

Yes Joe I have to call it the way I read it, When they did come on they accused you of hogging the pencil and paper. bill 8)