Lets say I found the gold...what to do with the loot......

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Old Boy Scout
Greenhorn

Lets say I found the gold...what to do with the loot......

Post by Old Boy Scout »

What should I do with the Loot? What would you do with the loot?
Would you have women at your beck and call? Would you wipe your but with gold (gold leaf perferably)? Come on guys and gals lets hear some dreams! I need some ideas! :lol:
TheDude
Greenhorn

Post by TheDude »

mmmmmm...I think I would convert it to cash and hang it out of my zipper to see how many ladies bite, lick, whatever! :lol: Then I would set up my own charity to make sure the money got to the intended cause and not someones pockets! Then I would buy a masive house! Make sure it was on a masive piece of land! I could go on and on.........maybe have some concubines..........I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE THAT I FOUND THE GOLD! This web site is just a big Inteligence gathering site! They use our info to locate the treasure!
Old Boy Scout
Greenhorn

Post by Old Boy Scout »

Sounds like fun! I love my new Escalade
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Information?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Hey Dude!

Welcome to the LDM forum.

You said:
"This web site is just a big Inteligence gathering site! They use our info to locate the treasure!"

We are all anxiously waiting for that first "golden nugget" of information coming from yourself or Mr. Scout, which will enable us "to locate the treasure". :roll:

I assume that "info" will be forthcoming in your very next post. :lol:

Next to Mr. Scout's first post, yours is the best I have seen.

Respectfully

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Aren't any of us concerned with the realities of finding such a historical landmark? If there really is such a place, and you guys were to find out, the whole place would be carted off within days!
Should we contact National Geograghic, or the Learning Channel... or should we attempt to secretly dig it all up, and hope no-one notices the new furniture? I would love to be rich, but I'd hate to pilfer such a fantastic treasure. Furthermore, if two hundred humans worked the sight for any length of time, wouldn't much of the environmental damage remain? This place would have to appear more like Indian Ruins, than an abandoned mine shaft. You can't legally remove anything anyway...wouldn't writing a book about your discoveries be more noble?
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

I'm not going to make many friends with this line of rhetoric, am I...
Roger
Part Timer

Digout of the Dutchman Mine

Post by Roger »

Let's do some basic math on finding the LDM and uncovering the mine down to the gold level. The LDM is undoubtedly completely filled in by now and is flat with the surrounding terrain. The following math will detail the task of digging the mine out:

1. If the mine is a conical pit 75 feet in diameter and 75 feet deep, its volume would be 441,786 cubic feet. Note: If the mine were any narrower at the top, the side walls would be nearly verticle. These dimensions match some of the old LDM clues.

2. Assuming the fill that covered the pit mine up was 100% basalt, the specific gravity of the fill would be 2.87 which is the ratio of basalt's weight to an equal volume of pure water at 4 degrees C. It would probably be somwhat less than this as it is fill and not solid basalt, but let's use this number.

3. Water weighs 62.43 pounds/cubic foot. Basalt would thus weigth 2.87 times this or 179.17 pounds/cubic foot.

4. 441,786 cubic feet times 179.17 pounds/cubic foot equals 7,916,805 pounds of basalt in the pit mine. This is equivalent to 3,958 tons.

I strongly suggest the first person that finds the LDM bring his lunch with his shovel to get this mine cleared out down to gold level. That's going to be a lot of digging!!!!!!!

Roger
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Good post, Roger.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Roger,

I think your 75' by 75' dimensions are off a tad. I have seen the "75 feet" clue in a couple of places, but I believe it refers to TWO SHAFTS that were 75' DISTANCE from each other. I imagine a 6x12 ( or 6x or 20 or 30) is more like it. Still, think of the effort just trying to dig something like that out and stay unnoticed.....

Course, the above is just a guesstimate and I could be wrong as all hell. But it's an "educated" guesstimate just the same....lol

P
TheDude
Greenhorn

Post by TheDude »

:roll:
You guys take a chill pill.......the question still remains......what would you do if you found yourself rich!?! Thats all! Isn't nice to day dream from time to time and not be so damn serious!
rgm840
Greenhorn

Post by rgm840 »

Compliments to Lazarus for recognizing the Culteral/Historical value of
anything found in the Superstitions with a proven provenance dating
back to the 1700-1800s would far exceed any monetary value it could
possibly have.

One's story, if it survives peer review, would be worth something
if you want to make a buck.

Use the Kartchner Cavern's story as a model. Those guys had it right.
My opinion, of course, but put me on Lazarus' side.
Harry
Old Boy Scout
Greenhorn

where's the humor?

Post by Old Boy Scout »

:evil:
You guys need to get the corn cob out of your ass! It was a playful question...not a practical one! Does anyone believe in humor?
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

OBS
If you do a little reading, you'll notice none of us are very funny guys. We come here to be anal jerks and to learn a little history. Perhaps there are other sites that would be more entertaining for you to visit. We all think you're funny, but we also think this is like History class...and you two, yourself and The Dude, are like the class clowns, throwing spitwads from the back of the classroom. I personally don't appreciate you poking fun at these guys at thier expense, and then complaining when they don't get the joke...we get it, just don't expect all of us to laugh at once!
Old Boy Scout
Greenhorn

Post by Old Boy Scout »

I agree....I will just find another forum to research. Good luck to all.......
hound dog
Greenhorn

New but Old

Post by hound dog »

I and a close 2 have been researching on and off for several years. We are planning our next trip into the vast unknow. I have learned many helpful things from this fourm. My many thanks to you that have taken the time to type your thoughts and responses in these many pages. You may all stop know as we have the location of the mines and plan to buy an island off the cost and retire eary in life. We wish to envite all of you to come and vist us in our new home once we retreive our new wealth. Now that I have that out of my system. LOL You are all very helpful and please dont stop you efforts to keep this alive. with much respect and truth.

george
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

George,
welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contributions.
Laz