Dutch Hunter Life Cycle

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

well i guess my original private thoughts were correct.somebody DID break your dolls house didnt they? well i sympathise with the grief and distress this has plainly caused you.but worry not...im sure it can be renovated. but why the fuss? get over it.start a new hobby...maybe indulge your passion for startrek figures....they are quite inexpensive im told.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Caen

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

You said:

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:54 pm

"if youd like to read up on caen france you will see that caen france was flattened blasted obliterated very few germans were killed ..partly because theyd departed a fair time before the bombing operation.but theres more much more to the tale than that. american "friendly fire" has become almost legendary." (emphasis in bold by Joe)

It is amazing that you have used "Caen Anvil of Victory" by McKee as one or your sources for why the French still hate the Americans. Having now read the book, it becomes obvious, to me, that you have not read it at all. Much of what you have written is true about what happened at Caen. The only problem is, that it was entirely a British and Canadian operation, including the British Lancaster Bombers that "flattened blasted obliterated" the city and the convents.

You might ask why the British felt the need to destroy this town?

"For Field Marshall Montgomery and his forces, Caen, a major road and rail hub inland from the Normandy beachheads, was the vital springboard into France and Germany."

"For Field Marshal Rommel, Germany's survival meant holding Caen while his Panzer divisions and defense troops drove the Allies back into the English Channel."

The reason that most of the bombs fell in the city of Caen, was because the German troops were too close to the British and Canadian forces waiting to take the city. The bombers would not drop their bombs anywhere near their own troops because of the fear of killing their own soldiers with "friendly fire". That is not something that is an American policy.

In your haste to condemn all things American, both historically and today,
you have used the same methodology as your expert on gun "facts".
My eyes are open to the faults of my country, but they are also open to the attacks of our enemys, such as you.

I would suggest that you never again make such an accusation without (triple) checking your "facts". It only makes you look like a complete idiot.

If you would care to read "Caen Anvil of Victory" and then give me any page number that backs-up your Anti-American claims, I will be happy to apologize.

Joe Ribaudo
[email protected]
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Madness.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Self Diagnosis?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

It's always good to see your input. Anything less concise would be too long-winded. :wink:

Joe
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Just end the charade.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The-Two-Men-Who-Changed-Things

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

As I said before, I am willing to be one of "Ho-ho-e-ap-bess", (Makah) but you would need to be the other.

I did not start the dialog on why we are "hated all over the world" but it was a dialog that stirred up my fighting side. My passion for defending my country rises above the level of a "charade". DED's lies should not go unchallanged or find a safe and peaceful harbor to rest in.

I may have gone farther than what you and probably many others would consider the "norm" in my defense of the history of this country, but we are under attack as never before, and that requires a fight that goes beyond the borders of our living room.

It seems that DED has left the field, and I am more than willing to see him go. I am not willing to see us continue this little feud any longer. We should return to contributing what we can to the search for Superstition Treasures.

One of the reasons I have taken to the habit of signing "respectfully" at the end of my posts, is to reminde me to keep my words and intent respectful. I have tried to do that, but not always with complete success. I will keep trying.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
[email protected]
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Just end the charade and put "DED" to rest. No other explanation is necessary. Now that the forum seems to have returned to some sort of normalcy regarding both content and civility, I imagine "DED" will happily fade away back into the obscurity from whence he came.
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

caen
GENERAL BRADLEYS order was quite clear "if it becomes necessary to save time',put 500 or even 1000 tons of air on the place and take the city apart"..."for more than four years the people had awaited this moment of liberation.now they stared accusingly at us from the ruins that covered their dead"
while britain cant distance themselves from the event neither can america. far from being a discourse on the evils (either real ofr imagined) the object of the discussionn was at least in part to explain (i believe) contribtory reasons why the french in particular hold no love for america (or for that matter great britain).whether i do or do not agree with those views is irrelevant.
the "legendary friendly fire" issue..again whether exaggerated or otherwise is believed.even if you disregard the "facts" of it you cant deny the existence of that belief.
did i read caen-anvil of history? no but i never said i did.i merely quoted from its content.
the discussion had broadened remarkabley since my original post which questioned (in part) the statement saying great britain would probabley not now exist if america hadnt entered the war when it did..while i wouldnt describe your follow ups as hysterical they do seem to show a tad of over reaction.added to this is the belief(in some quarters)that i am indeed you talking to myself (ourselfs) doesnt help contribute to an intelligent discussion. my views remain the same except for the issue of gun control which of course involved another contributor so is not relevant in this post to joe(me)
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Great. Now that you have come to grips with the gist of the problem, will you please allow the forum to get back to being the LDM forum?

Thanks much.
bill711
Expert

filthy liberal commie,s

Post by bill711 »

I should have known, that one of the filthy insidiouse reptiles would creep into the forum dicusson. Anytime they see someone enjoying themselves they have to start their antiamerican crap. They just cannot leave people alone! The only remedy that I know of that will relieve the problem is to put a 2.00 bounty on their ear,s like they used to have on wolves and cayotes back in the early 20th century. :twisted: :evil: morons toad lickers. mentally retarted unmanly tart,s. They contaiminate anything they touch or have anything todo with. BOO bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

bill
insidiouse? mentally retarted tarts? contaiminate?i believe the CORRECT SPELLING might be something after the fashion of INSIDIOUS....RETARDED....CONTAMINATE. and if you took the trouble to read the posts that contributed to the debate you might... and i repeat might realize that it was not "anti american crap" as you so quaintly put it but a follow on from a comment that was made previously and which might have been construed as "anti everybody" put a $200 bounty on disbelievers heads? sigh...what a mentality oh i forgot! the word i believe is discussion ...not dicusson! and anti american is not one word but two.i fear this will be lost on you somehow..but nevertheless one lives in hope.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Ears

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

DED,

Actually, I think Bill only placed a 2.00 bounty on your ears. It is unclear whether that is 2.00 a pair or 2.00 each. That would make a big difference to a man in a pickle. :)

The taking of the ear from an enemy is an old and honored practice. It may have started just after 1168 AD. In a battle with Xochimilco, Coxcox, an Aztec cheif of the Culhuacan tribe called upon his vassals to aid him. When the Tenochcas (vassals) reached the field of battle they rushed to the attack and took no less than thirty prisoners, from each of whom they cut off one ear with their obsidian knives. The prisoners were then sent to the rear. After the battle, Coxcox made a speech praising the valor of his forces in taking so many prisoners but denigrating the Tenochcas who came back empty handed. The vassals waited until their lord had finished speaking and then inquired of him why each captive was short an ear. The attention of the Culhuas being riveted to this extraordinary circumstance, the Tenochcas opened their pouches and displayed the missing ears, proving beyond cavil the measure of their prowess.

So great had the prestige of the Tenochcas become that they went to their lord, Coxcox, and asked for his daughter as a wife for their cheif so that they might found a dynasty. Coxcox granted their request, and the Tenochcas were so overcome with gratitude that they sacrificed the luckless girl and draped her skin on a priest to impersonate a nature goddess, Toci. Then with somewhat less than tact they invited the father to the ceremony. He, expecting a marriage celebration, was utterly horrified and summoned his warriors, to exterminate the Tenochcas who forwith fled to the lake, rejoining their brethren already there.

This is early Aztec history and I assume just what Bill was contemplating when he advocated the removal of human ears even though he did mention "wolves and cayotes" . :lol:

It does make one wonder if Bill is planing on collecting a great number of these ears and trading them for a wife. :idea:

As usual, I will supply sources on request. :roll:

Good to see you posting again.

Respectfully,

Joe Vinegar
bill711
Expert

Disease

Post by bill711 »

Joe; My norse fore-bears didn,t talk so much when something needed to be done. NOW Disease Because my typing is not up to snuff dosen,t mean that I do not know how to spell. YOU did know what I meant didn,t you. You are a shriking liberal and you ooze your poisonouse venom into everything. JOE; In bibical times they would take the BIG TOE of the opposing king when they captured him so he could not make war any more. Here in Ok. we used to pay 2 bucks for the right ear of the wolves and cayotes up until the late 1950,s. I know a filthy liberal isn,t worth 2.00 BUCKS, BUT it will get the cleanup started. We can drop price on them later, Maybe hardup mexi,s will comeplete the cleanup. Bill
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

joe

that was an interesting post regarding the trophy taking in former times. it seems nothing much has changed lol. one point you failed to address and i mention this only because certain individuals (who shall remain nameless) might be interested.the question is....are there any records which state what percentage of "de-eared" captives were indeed "shriking filthy retarted insidouse LIBERALS)? im sure that at least one member will be waiting with baited breath for those details.
its curious to see how little things change...bountys for aztec ears...bountys for apache scalps...now bountys for liberals ears.hmm. life and civilisation supposedly progresses... but the doctrine remains constant.
bill
thanks for confirming to me the fact that your typing isnt all that it should be. and no ..of course it doesnt mean that you cant spell.. but if you can spell ..then pray tell me why you consistently mispell every word with more than three letters in it?
as for being a liberal ..im afraid i dont label myself with any tag. but then compared to you the proverbial attilla the hun might be considered a liberal...shriking or otherwise.
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

joe and bill
ive just joined the forum and hope to spend many an hour studying the site. straightaway id like to say im in 100% agreement with both of you that liberals are like cockroaches...the scum of the arth. chop their ears off ? says joe...id go lot further than that!all those cheese graters are the same .if either of you are ever down south give me a call...youd be more than welcome.men after my own heart.
ive got lots of info to contribute to this forum..not least of which is the TRUE source of the stne maps and what they actually describe..and yes i can validate each and every utterance. but for the moment i shall remain silent on this topic and let the amatuers continue .
keep up the good work and dont let the cheese graters get you down
tomtom
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

im just wondering. is "cheese grater" one of those long winded technical terms? :wink:
rochha
Part Timer

guidance

Post by rochha »

Tomtom,

Feel free to join in anytime and steer the amateurs down the right path, I am sure they will appreciate it. Why remain silent about the source of the stone maps at this point. If you have something to contribute why leave us all hanging on the edge of our seats. You made some bold statements in your post, how about backing them up.

Respectfully,

Rochha
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The "Dangle" Gang

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Rochha,

This is an old and honored trait on this forum. If you read back through the old posts, you will find many such statements of knowledge or evidence known only to the person making the statement, and a promise to "tell all" at a later date, which is never fulfilled.

We seem to have a number of "new" members showing evidence of "old"
habits. A private message asking for an E-mail address is usually ignored. No one is required to give anyone such information and I don't fault them for not doing so. I once took another identity myself. :lol:
I am disinclined to get into long conversations with these people.

An honest (willing) exchange of information with someone you actually know, is much more rewarding and informative than talking to a
"masked" man.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
[email protected]
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

Joe,

You are correct, I do find it rewarding to exchange information with someone I know such as your self. I also find it offensive for someone to come along and make a crack about amateurs and say they know something and can validate it but in the same post say they will go silent for now. I dont see the point in making such a statement other than to inflate an ego a little bigger. I feel that if one is going to make a statement like that.........................back it up or shut up!

Rochha
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Well Said

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Rochha,

My sentiments, exactly.

A wise Indian once said, "Beware the dog that does not bark, and the man that does not talk."

These guys talk, without saying anything.

Respectfully,

Joe
rochha
Part Timer

Wise Indian

Post by rochha »

Joe,

That indian was wise, and when these guy's do decide to say something it is usually B.S.

Rochha
bill711
Expert

horse maps

Post by bill711 »

I believe if the horse maps were made prior to say 1830 they would carry latin inscriptions, if 1847 semi english. The maps take you to where they are suppose to. Thay take you to the mine,s location BUT the mine,s have been filled up by someone? I don,t believe the mexi,s closed them. You have to remember that the mine,s were big open pit,s at the time the map,s were made, if you looked for a mine, you could not have missed them. They had left plenty of marking,s to them. I think it is possible that they hid jesuit treasure too. I do not know if the dutchman,s mine was included or came after they were made. Just some of my Thought,s. Bill
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

yeah sure thanks for dismissing my words before i even said a word eh?ok i came on here with the intention of educating the "amatuers".you took it as an insult and then accused me of dishing out the bullshit.well ok im not going to give you the complete answers but i will put you on the right track just to see if combined you are savvy enough to go on from there.
try the brazoria county historical museum and search for the catalogue of historical artifacts for period 1935-8.
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

angleton texas
bill711
Expert

tomtom

Post by bill711 »

Well Tomtom: My ears are open,,I
always listen to what is being said before I scoff. What have you got in appleton Texas??? BUT The only way to prove anything is to secretly show the ore, no gold it,s bull. There are too many worked out mines out there. Too many wild claims, We need to see some gold and It has to be the right gold too.. Bill