Almost buried alive

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
alan m
Part Timer

Almost buried alive

Post by alan m »

I have been a dutch hunter for more than half of my life.
As a result, I had amassed a rather large collection of notes, maps and photos, and today I got rid of them all.
I had contemplated organizing and cataloging them but the task was to overwhelming to seriously consider.
I am posting this here because from one dutch hunter to another, I want to share the feeling I got after burning my notes, it was nothing less than exillerating, the freedom was like taking a breath of air after being under water for so long.
This does not mean that I no longer believe in its existance, just that I don,t care about it any more.
It has been one frustration after another trying to get anyone to listen to me concerning my discoveries, or even get other dutch hunters to check out landmarks I have told them about.
As a dutch hunter I want to wish all of you the very best of luck and to quote another well respected hunter, I hope you all find the treasures you seek
Alan
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: Almost buried alive

Post by Cubfan64 »

Being a scientist and researcher by nature and training, it always pains me to hear of the loss of any sort of historical documentation - whether it's deemed worthy by others or not.

That said, if it provided you with some cathartic release, in the long run that's probably more important.

Regards,

Paul
novice
Expert

Post by novice »

Paul,

Did you mean cartarsis? I'm having trouble with cathartic. :?

Garry
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Hehe - silly me, I assumed catharsis and cathartic were pretty much one in the same. I guess catharsis is more of an "emotional cleansing" whereas cathartic is.... well... a little more physical :D

Sorry for the mistake
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

I think cathartic was perfectly descriptive of what Alan did. :roll:

Take care,

Joe
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

You are one funny guy Joe :lol:
Remindes me of those cathartic flinging monkeys at the zoo 8O
Alan
armchair
Part Timer

Post by armchair »

Alan,

Wow, you are the only dutch hunter I've ever heard of truly ending the search in such a dramatic way! Since you are done looking but still believe it exists I'm curious what is your best guess of where it is located and why it hasn't been found.

Shelby
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Hello Shelby
For me the key to understanding the story of the LDM and Jacob Waltz rest with Waltz himself.
He was about 60 or so years old when he reported that he had found a rich gold mine.
His enigmatic clues filter down to three that are rarely disputed.
One is that "No miner would ever find his mine."
That speaks volumes to me in that Waltz found an old Spanish or Mexican cache of previously mined gold.
Waltz was only gone 4 or 5 days from then the small town of Phoenix
Not enough time to walk to and penetrate the Superstition's and then climb down a steep shaft or what not to dig out some gold and bring back to Phoenix.
He was too old, too feeble and away for too short of a time.
All of the reported sightings of Waltz put him at numerous places within the outskirts of the mountains make it difficult to pin down where he may have found the cache.
Finally he said that he hide the mine and or that it was very hard to find.
The short of it is that people are looking for the wrong thing.
If the cache was on the outskirts of the mountains then there is a strong possibility that it has already been discovered and secretly removed.
The LDM was only a secondary interest of mine after I discovered the story of a wealth of Jesuit treasure hidden within those mpountains.
Alan
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

As a follow up.
My spelling is not as bad as is my typing. :oops:
Alan
armchair
Part Timer

Post by armchair »

Thanks Alan,

Your LDM comments make a lot of sense. Since you were after the Jesuit treasure, what did you think of Marie Celeste Jones? As for spelling, thank goodness for spellcheck!

Shelby
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

I believe that she was working for someone who had access to the stone tablets.
Alan
armchair
Part Timer

Post by armchair »

Alan,

That is a new twist to her search! For her the stone tablets led to the interior of Weaver's Needle? Seems you have an interesting angle that hasn't been shared before! Hope you will give more of the story.

Shelby
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Shelby
A cursory look at the stone tablets gives a strong impression, to most, of the importance of Weavers Needle.
It having been described as a heart by many others.
The heart shape is a major component of the tablets even down to one of them actualy cut in the shape of a heart, I can see how someone might think that the end of the trail on the tablets leads to the center of Weavers Needle as it appears to do on the tablets.
Marie is quoted as having said that there were 14 clues to the location of a Jesuit treasure.
The heart link to Weavers Needle, the christian iconography linked to the Jesuits and, according to Robert Sikorsky, Marie got funding from someone who lived in a rich house in Scottsdale around the mid 1960's
Alan
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Not just for Marie Celeste Jones !
Ted DeGrazia and others as well.

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 9&start=20

Alan contributed to the discussion as well.
Something about crackers :lol:

Regards:SH.
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Most of us Dutch Hunters do not believe that there is any treasure inside Weavers Needle.
This infers that the interpretation of the stone tablets must be wrong, in that respect.
One of the main problems with any theory about the tablets is the apparent ease of following the trail to the end and finding nothing, also the wealth of information :?:
that is on the tablets but not associated with following the trail. what is the extra stuff for ?
Some believe that it is there to deceive the uninitiated person from decoding or understanding the map.
While there are many examples of Mexican maps that incorporate tricks, none have yet,TMK been shown to use information or symbols stricktly to deceive.
Alan
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Just wondering if anyone could explain why the "owner of the richest gold mine in the world" never showed any evidence of ever having any money,or baubles,or trappings of wealth? The loan to Thomas for the soda fountain has no reliable evidence to support it. The $254,000 in gold ore transported by Waltz to the U.S mintwas shown to be a fabrication a long long time ago.and so on and so forth.....I got caught up in the "romance" of the legend many years ago,but over the years found that the more one seeks to put flesh on the evidence ,or story,the more one finds that none of it seems to stand up to scrutiny.....,I suggest,there might have been a story of some kind all those years ago,probabley relating to a small find,maybe by Waltz,maybe not.But that story has become engulfed with so many layers of B.S ,mainly in the years directly afterwards,possibly to sell land,hence the rumours regarding the"salting" of certain areas with ore etc.Since then people have seen fit to "see" clues everywhere ,and in everything. Rocks with holes in them,pinnacles lining up,indian carvings,"genuine maps",rocks in the shape of a teepee,even gawd help us apache "thunder gods" that watch over the treasure.....oh and of course those stone maps indeed.....signs of an indian massacre which purport to somehow prove the existence of this fabulous mine,when of course the only thing it proves is that a massacre occurred of some party-at some time.Some people arent satisfied with that even,I ve seen on this site people refeering to peralta massacre 1 .peralta massacre2 and even massacre 3 with no evidence to support that theory save reports (and i use that word loosely) of rotting saddlebags and gold ore strewn over the ground for miles around etc......a cue there for silverlock and goldlock to enter into the spirit of things...their story uncorroborated other than by hearsay.....the 2 soldiers story ,an amalgamation of a hundred other lost mine stories ,and about as reliable......peg legged bar room sweepers,100 year old indians who strangely die minutes before they were due to reveal all,phantom psychos who wander the mountains hell bent on murdering any one who dares get within half a mile of the mine....rumours of inca gold....silver crosses....murder ,that possibly werent murders,beheadings that most likely were nothing of the sort,all connected in weird and wonderful ways by the most tenous connections to this marvelous web of treasure caches,mines murder and mystery...in short where is the evidence that this legend has any basis in fact?..................at all.....
from an ex believer
Don update your email address
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

Maybe Alan you are looking for something in the maps that wasnt there to begin with. Like an anagram in which any number of words can be found. in the end its just an anagram,constructed to deceive and baffle ,with no other purpose in mind than to get the readers attention.
regards
Don update your email address
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

There has been a lot of exagerated tales associated with the LDM, much I believe being done by those who wish to keep certain information a secret.
There are groups of people that are even today trying to "rewrite history"
so that it appears as if the Spanish or Mexicans never mined in the Superstitions.
The park service is activly "restoring" many old mining sites, as if the rich history of our state meant nothing.
i have even uncovered information that implies that clarence Mitchell doctored or created signs, symbols, and evidence to support his stone tablet theory.
The stone tablets however have nothing to do with the LDM.
This is where most researchers run afoul IMO. They mix the tablet info with the dutchman legends, creating contradiction and confusion.
My frustration has been with this very fact and as such I have abandoned all interest in the LDM, it will never be found because it has been so well hidden.
The stone tablets are another matter,
Alan