Tom Kollenborn Chronicle question...

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Funny Joe.............caught that real fast, though I never saw it from that angle.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What's Your Angle????

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Everyone sees this world from their own unique angle. There are times when we all need to step back and laugh at our own absurdity. If we loose that ability, others will supply the laughs.

As it relates to treasures in the Superstition Mountains, I have had my share of laughable conclusions. For years I believed there was a Jesuit Treasure in those mountains. Knowing how many bonehead mistakes I have made in my life, I have learned to always question my unquestionable conclusions. I like to think I can still laugh at my foolishness.

Many don't get my humor, usually because it is biting someone who has made noises like chum. :lol:

Take care,

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

your statements and insults show clearly you have comprehension issues.
i never stated i entered a burning helicopter to save anyone...
i did state i cut a stupid sheriffs deputy out of his crashed, overhead wing aircraft on peralta road...while people like you stood in the distance away from the puddle of aircraft fuel.

again, 'specialized information" only you can interpret and never publish...

look up creditability in the dictionary.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

This is exactly what I mean by "chum". We were having a nice conversation until you injected your own unique angle into the topic with this:

["It's my opinion that the reason for that dig will always be a mystery........for some."

the old fall back position...specialized knowledge that someone claims to have, and never produces.]

One quick question before we get too far off the topic: Do you classify all law enforcement officers in the same manner as " stupid sheriffs deputy", or do you just have an affinity for the Sheriff's Office?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo
padutchman
Greenhorn

Re:

Post by padutchman »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Wayne,

I was kind of hoping my name would be right up there with the big guys.
Visited the LDM not long ago, but must admit to not being the only one to find it.....well maybe find is also the wrong word. :? Trail was pretty well worn.

Thing is, I got pictures.......what about you? :)

Take care,

Joe
Hi Joe,

Well, I'm impressed and I have to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Did you discover this site on your own from published information or did someone show you or tell you where it was?

2. What evidence convinced you that the discovery was the LDM?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
aka alaskabill
Bill Bear
Wasilla, Alaska
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: Tom Kollenborn Chronicle question...

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

Just a bit of personal humor with Wayne. The picture is of an old barite prospect hole that someone found and convinced themselves that it was the LDM. Who knows, maybe it was one of Waltz's caches.

There is a bulldozer road that ends a few hundred feet (+or-) from the hole. As for how I found it, it's not so much what you know as who you know in this game. Obie Stoker.

Joe
padutchman
Greenhorn

Post by padutchman »

Well, there you go, Joe ... I really bit on that one. I will have to be a little more cautious, although it might not be as much fun. I had to chuckle a bit.

OK, here's one for you. I took this pix during my '08 trip to SM while I had lunch at the Mammoth Saloon in Goldfield. This pix is untouched and what you see is what came out of my digital camera, which .......... has a greater optical frequency spectrum than the human eye. As a result, the images taken have picked up details that go unnoticed to the human eye. Knowing that many reports have been written that cameras operate strangely when operated in the Supers and having read theories about "vaults" having been constructed at secret locations in the Superstition Mountain itself, here is proof that these vaults do exist...... or not?

What do you think....?

Bill
Attachments
Joe, if you can explain this one, I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in AJ.  Bill
Joe, if you can explain this one, I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in AJ. Bill
MtVaults.JPG (113.21 KiB) Viewed 8999 times
Bill Bear
Wasilla, Alaska
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

Nice picture. Too bad the reflections from the windows on the other side of the room showed up on the window you took the picture through.

The newer cameras seem to have an easier time in the mountains. Not being the best at photography, I can't explain why we get some bad, right along with the good pictures in the Supe's.

Take care,

Joe
padutchman
Greenhorn

Post by padutchman »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Bill,

Nice picture. Too bad the reflections from the windows on the other side of the room showed up on the window you took the picture through.
Ah, Joe, you are quick. I suspect that you have enjoyed the fare at the Mammoth as well many times. I owe you a brew and do hope I can get back to Arizona before too long to settle accounts.

Your Alaskan friend,

Bill
Bill Bear
Wasilla, Alaska
goldieminer

Post by goldieminer »

Cool picture Bill

reminds me of my time there.