moral behavior & treasure hunting

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine

do you believe destroying sensitive ecological zones appropriate behavior to "discover" the dutchman?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:09 pm

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 8

lazarus
Expert

Precisely

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

Precisely. You chose that filthy location, even though it was nowhere near where we should have been. What a Dutchman Hunter.

By the way...
you are guy that told me the fridge story.

Laz
lazarus
Expert

Knun

Post by lazarus »

Knun,

I wouldn't blame you for digging. I'm sure I would dig as well, within reason.

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Confusion......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

"By the way... you are guy that told me the fridge story."

Not sure why you are spinning these fantasies, but you have me confused with one of your friends. I have never dumped anything in the Superstitions.

If possible, I would ask that you rethink that comment and apologize.......today. If you find that an impossible task, this will be my last post to you.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe,

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
Gosh, I'm sorry, but did you or did you not tell me you once helped haul in a working frig to a mine site in the Supes? If it wasn't you then I apologize. And if it wasn't you, who was it? I don't know who else it could have been.

Nobody is forcing you to chat with me, and I know I've had my fill of you from time to time, so if you need to take a break, by all means, do so.

Your buddy,
Brad
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

was it a generator, by chance?

Brad
lazarus
Expert

And...

Post by lazarus »

And...

if not, I apologize sincerely.

By the way,

I once came across three dumped dead cows. That was pretty nasty.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Apology Accepted....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

Your apology is accepted. Not sure what part of "I have never dumped anything in the Superstitions" you found hard to understand, but that would include........anything!

I can see where the three dead cows would have been quite trumatic for you. No one can say you haven't seen some bad things in your life. :wink:

Your story was nothing more than an attempt to make me look bad. If you want to continue to be on civil terms with me, keep your posts respectful and I will do the same. I am able to make myself look plenty bad without the help of anyone else......thank you.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe,

Post by lazarus »

Wrong again, Joe...

the story was not fabricated to make you look bad. I was told the story by someone sitting in a chair at your campsite.

It was quite a tale, as the object was bulky and difficult to haul. I could swear it was either a fridge or a generator, and it would have been many years ago. I believe it involved horses and a sled.

If I should happen to remember any additional detail, I'll let you know.

In the story I was told, the object was not junk. It was hauled in for use at a working operation.

Don't chat with me if you don't want to. I'm not forcing you.

Brad
Bushrat
Greenhorn

Post by Bushrat »

I don't like to stick my nose into the business of other people...especially in the midst of a pissing contest but...it was my hiking friend Dick W. who packed the refrigerator into the mountains (specifically the Paint mine).

Dick, by the way is a great guy and a REAL Dutch Hunter. I might add that the refrigerator was in working condition and that Dick should not be blamed if the recipient of the refrigerator left it there when the Forest Circus kicked 'em out of the mountains.

T

By the way, Dick told this tale at Rondy #2.
billp
Greenhorn

Chuck's Refrigerator

Post by billp »

Bushrat is correct. I hiked into the location with Dick a couple months ago and heard the story in detail. I recall seeing the refrigerator at Chuck Aylor's second home in the early 70's...just laying in the brush outside his abandoned home. I wondered for many years who the heck carried it in. Dick said he carried it in from 1st Water Ranch with a sling between two burros. He can still point out a couple spots along the trail where the 2 burros had problems with elevation shifts. It was a propane fridge which was placed along the cliff face of Chuck's home...you can still see the chisel marks in the stone where they placed it. Dick also carried in a propane stove that he said weighed 109 pounds...on his back! But he had to stop at Garden Valley because it was killing him. Then, he hiked into Chuck's camp to retrieve one of his burros to fetch the stove from Garden Valley. Unfortunately for Chuck, Mary Leonard (if I remember her name correctly), an AZ Republic reporter found his hideaway and printed a big article with pictures in the Republic...that was the beginning of the end of Chuck's 2nd Superstition home.

Bill
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The True Story........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Tom and Bill,

You are both correct, as Dick told the story to me....and others in our camp. Dick was a true gentleman and is part of the warp and woof of the Superstitions. It was a real pleasure meeting him at the second Rendezvous.......as well as you, Tom. Don't know if I have ever met Bill before.

The reason I started the Rendezvous was to meet other Dutch Hunters and create a place where those new to the game could hear old timers, like Dick, tell their stories. Paul comes to mind. As far as I'm concerned, now that others have taken over the project, that goal is being nicely met.

Many Dutch Hunters have hard feelings towards each other. A number of them attended the last Rendezvous and no bruises were left on anyone. In the future, I hope to see even more of those folks feeling comfortable enough to come into camp. Like the Rendezvous' of the early days of this country, old grudges and fights are left outside the campgrounds.

Looking forward to seeing you both at the next event.......or sooner.

Take care,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Bushrat wrote: Dick, by the way is a great guy and a REAL Dutch Hunter.

You betcha! I'd like to 2nd this :D
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
lazarus
Expert

You See...

Post by lazarus »

I knew I didn't dream it up. I was pretty sure it was a fridge, I was pretty sure it was in working order, and I never suggested it wqas done in bad taste.

You see, Joe...
I didn't fabricate the story.
Now you owe me an apology.

Brad
critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

No miner

Post by critter »

I've never been a Dutch Hunter... or a miner...

Cheers,

Critter
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

you are so pathetic. If you knew the story was told at your campsite, why did you accuse me of fabricating it?

You are a little, cowardly chump.

I knew you wouldn't apologize, you dishonest little creep.

Brad
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24861168/

not sensitive at all. huh?
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

By Molly Moore

updated 12:06 a.m. MT, Tues., July. 1, 2008
MONTIGNAC, France - The regal black bull painted by a Stone Age artist on a cave wall in southwestern France 17,000 years ago has survived millennia of war and pestilence just a few yards above its subterranean gallery.

Today the prehistoric bovine could face annihilation by an army of encroaching black mold spots, the latest in a series of threats unwittingly brought in over the years by tourists, scientists and bureaucrats.

"Each time we try to resolve one problem, we create another," said Marie-Anne Sire, the cave administrator who coordinates the scientific teams trying to save the endangered reindeer, potbellied ponies and woolly rhinos of the Lascaux cave, which contains one of the world's most famous collections of prehistoric art.