Throw Out The Trash

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

When You're Right.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

Couldn't agree with you more.

Carolyn and I voted first thing this morning. If you don't vote, you have lost your voice.

Take care,

Joe
critter
Part Timer
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

D Nile

Post by critter »

No, I'm not Brad. Brad is more than able to speak for himself. That's right, there is another intelligent, articulate, handsome man, full of integrity, out here resisting the illegal occupation and senseless murder of innocents in Iraq.

By the way, I think the word you're looking for is "denial". For those wishing to fact check, you'll find it in the dictionary under "D", which is between "C" for confusion (and cowardice), but not as far as "E" for Egypt.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Could Be....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

critter,

I would never argue that Brad is not "articulate". :lol:

At the same time, I feel that you have articulated your position quite well.
So well, in fact, that it's obvious that you would have been proud to pilot a fifth airliner into a building full of Americans.

Just think about it, if you made the right choice of buildings, we might still have Saddam his sons and the rest of his killers to deal with today.

We did not go after Saddam right after 9/11. We went after your other hero......Osama Bin Hide'n.

There have been people like you in every war this country has ever fought in. At one time, you would have been hung or shot by a firing squad. Be thankful you live in America and in this day and age. Saddam would have had you beaten to death with your own arm.

It's not too late......Maybe you can get together with Brad and help old innocent Saddam escape the hangman's noose. :roll:

This conversation (if you can call it that) is over.

Joe Ribaudo
critter
Part Timer

A Clean House

Post by critter »

{sniff} {sniff} {sniff} can you smell that? why, it's the smell of corruption lifting, {sniff} is it? Could it be? Why, yes, it's the sweet smell of...aaahhhh....A Clean House.

but, Joe, with your attitude, I'm quite sure you won't rest until you have the last word, even they are as futile as those. You are quite wrong, but I'm sure you'll get used to that as time goes on. You see, one who defends human lives, do not wish harm upon anyone, not even you, Joe, and indeed, not even upon Mr. Bush. No, I do not feel hatred for you or him. Instead, I feel compassion; I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that you are so full of hatred and fear. I hope that one day you'll realise that violence begets violence, hatred begets hatred, and that the strongest way to fight is through ideals like truth and justice.

So, until the next time you feel like trying to articulate a coherent point, I stand ready to defend myself, my ideals, and the innocent people put in harms way by ignorance and corruption.

Until next time...
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe, i cant see any problem with phrase "reasonable force" ,i cant see your argument. i cant see that its right for any citizen to have a "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude. and why this obsession with "killing".. why kill someone if you can either overpower them or chase them off? if i killed someone in the circumstances you described..would i be prosecuted? that depends on the circumstances again, was it reasonable force would be the criteria by which i would be judged. simple really isnt it? its whats called cibvilised behaviour i believe.
i take it the democrats gained control in the house,well i think its for the benefit of all americans.it should keep the loonys in republican party in check at least,maybe a sensible solution might now ,in time,. be found to solve the problems the world faces. perhaps the political chicanery, graft ,corruption and war mongering that has been all too evident these past few years might lessen somewhat. having said that ive no faith in democrats either, but i believe in general they have more integrity than this administration,which dont say a lot! :lol: it might not be the end of bush,it might not even be the beggining of the end ....but it sure is the end of the begginning! noted with interest a recent poll which came to the conclusion that bush was seen as a greater threat to world peace than either n koreas ruler or that iranian guy........i would say all 3 are equal threats....theyre all crazy.
not sure i understand jims comment ....britain is doomed to repeat history?
Don update your email address
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

throw the trash out

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

the is an old saying that goes somthing like, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

The American people have spoken and I like some of what they have said and dislike some. I am encouraged that many of the newly elected democrats are less liberal than many of the seated incombunts. I think that President Bush is a liberal so you can see where I come from.

By the time the next American president is elected the elected Iraq goverment should have control of their country. If not, then we can expect the war to move to the U.S.A. Streets.

I have been a democrat all my voting life but as an American I will continue to praise those I think deserve it and knock those I think deserve that.

Jim Hamrick
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

"those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."...on the face of it would appear to be a profound statement....it hints that some countries do and some dont,when in fact no countries have and i doubt ever will. humans on this planet have been fighting, cheating,lying,philandering, bullshitting and exploiting their fellow men since time began ....whats new in that? its why even after two world wars plus scores of minor ones in the previous century will not stop the next world war from occurring in not too distant future. i still dont see the connection between that statement and britain. if you were reffering to britains request for war aid back in 40s...that was to help the armed forces directly ,not to arm private citizens. the request for help would not have been needed, or by definition asked for, if america had merely given a "statement of intent" in 1939 rather than "sitting on its hands" till much later when the world was in flames......and if bush is a "liberal" then my dick is a bloater! :lol: sounds like sour grapes to me.....again whats new?
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe, im well aware critter can speak for himself, but your response was unworthy of you....nowhere did critter say that his hero was osama bin laden....or that he would have liked to be piloting another plane directly into "another building" nor did he even suggest he was taking flying lessons :lol: .....his unpardonable crime was to hope that the overpowering stench created by bush and co might now evaporate into thin air......thats all...but your reply was typical of the "showboating stance" you adopt on these occasions.......you try your best to defend the indefensible...accept the unacceptable...and now that the whole rotten stinking edifice that is the bush administration appears to be ready to crumble and fall.....you indulge in labelling others with disgusting slurs like those........ no doubt now you will hide behind your psuedo patriotic veil and hurl a few more witless platitudes around. the democrats have got control-get over it for gawds sake! lifes too short.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Get Over It?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

My comments were made before the election, so I don't believe your "get over it" comment has any validity.

I have no problem with what has happened. It's how our system works. That does not mean I agree with the results. That is also how our system works. :lol:

As for "criltter", he gave us his "stinking" opinion, I gave him mine and now you have given me yours. His opinion would be offensive to many Americans as would mine.

The difference between "Joe Ribaudo" and "critter", other than my seeing myself as a man and he sees himself as a .........critter, :) is that I hope the Democrats succeed and are right and "critter" wishes for failure on President Bush's part, no matter how many Americans might die as a result.

If we truly made a mistake in Iraq, maybe the world will force us to put Saddam back in power, and pay them back for the next sixty or so years.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

One Other Thing.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

One other thing:

"Republicans are stupid, cowardly, they stink, and should be thrown to the curb like trash."

I took that rather personally. Why didn't you speak up for me? I guess it just depends o who's ox is being gored. :roll:

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe , my apologies :lol: well certainly not ALL republicans are "trash" but iunfortunately the "top dogs" most certainly APPEAR to be.....the top guys are noyt only politicians, but OILMEN......that is at he heart of the issue...im sure you can work out a lot of things from that......there are in the republican party some very intelligent, caring and meritious people..but....they have been marginalised within the party of late.....why didnt i stick up for you? well im not saying you are ALL bad :lol: but there is that tendency to heap unjustified slurs on people who have an alternative view....and really joe to accuse people of being in bin ladens fan club,wanting to fly a plabne presumabley into the white house or being an armchair terrorist,because they dont agree with present policy is a tad much.
your comments WERE made afore the results it is true, but the result was probabley a foregone conclusion.your remarks were the death rattle of a party that has finally been "twigged" by the populace,tho god knows it took long enough.
If we truly made a mistake in Iraq, maybe the world will force us to put Saddam back in power, and pay them back for the next sixty or so years.
.(joes quote) IF? IF? IF? :lol: THERES NO ifs ABOUT IT.....
the patriotic card has been done to death,its a b.s philosophy anyway...there are times when a country needs to unite and fight a common aggressor,this wasnt a case in question.and for those of us who still have the luxury of being alive,we might spare a thought for those sevicemen(not just americans) and iraqi civilians sacrificied on the altar of capitalism for the benefit of a few.......notice i didnt include bin laden in that........................now you can gore my ox :lol:
critter
Part Timer

Another Dose

Post by critter »

No worries, Joe, this IS the 1st Amendment Forum and therefore no place to take things personally, or make them personal. Rather than get pedantic about freedom and the sacrifices made for the like, I thought I'd just go ahead and demonstrate what it really means to be free. After all, people like all of us have fought and died for those freedoms. It would truly be a shame not to use them, especially in a place dedicated for the practice.

But, in the spirit of cooperation and reconciliation, I offer my deepest apologies for any offense caused by my exercise of the freedom to express myself.

See you around like a menstrual cycle!

Critter