interesting discussion i found while trawling the "old archives" here

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
don
Part Timer

interesting discussion i found while trawling the "old archives" here

Post by don »

this is the discussion i came across..ive never heard of this pamphlet writte by someone named etherington..has anyone seen it/read it?

anyway this is the discussion im referring to.

Postby alistair » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:53 am

im surprised that no-one has ever mentioned the well-known fact that jacky waltz was a tranvestite.apart from anecdotes from contemporaries which no author ever mentions-there are several news items of the day particularly the 1878 period which mention this. he was once caught parading around the silver king in a dress and camisole,duly arrested and cautioned.this occurred according to newspapers a total of 4 times in 1878.this of course doesnt necessarilly mean he was gay and i think his "relationship" with geronimo was probabley innocent.i might be wrong.
tomtom
Greenhorn
Postby tomtom » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:28 am

alistair
that rumour/story/fable first surfaced in the 50s it was included ina pamphlet authored by a person named etherington i believe.he claimed this story was in an arizona newspaper of the time ,though he didnt specify which one.true or false? who cares?
bill711
Expert
jacky,s pantiloone,s
Postby bill711 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:34 am

Now this is interesting! I have never heard this before???? bill
tomtom
Greenhorn
Postby tomtom » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:04 pm

bill
it is or at least should be known ,and i stress here that it isnt necessarilly gospel truth ,but the pamphlet aforementioned stated all this and various other things connected to this particular incident. but i assume thereason it is but rarely mentioned is because it doesnt do a great deal for waltzs image.
alistair
you used the name jacky waltz of course phonetically you were correct ,but the spelling in the pamphlet was jacqui (short for jacqueline ,his nickname according to author)
alistair
Postby alistair » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:25 pm

i must be honest and say ive never heardof this etherington chap.i read the aforementioned in i think the arizona winter visitor some years ago.is this etherington pamphlet available still?
Don update your email address