Leroy Purnell

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Leroy Purnell

Post by count »

i quote from *thiunder gods gold*-"At any rate ,the map turned up in purnells hands in an argument with jack keenan in judge standage s mesa courtroom in 1934. jack keenan had allready identified and filed claim to one peralta mine near second water springs while purnell claimed to have found the incriminating map at the site of antigua tunnels at the back end of bluff spring mountain ,refound in 1940" <br> can anyone expand on this enigmatic statement as supposedly this refers to ruths map.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Well... It is hard to say. You have to take ANYTHING Barry Storm says with a grain of salt. Almost anything he wrote was slanted to support some "theory" or conjecture he was trying to make. I think in this case: some suppositions about Ruth, Purnell, Keenan, and locales Storm placed importance to... such as Bluff Springs Mountain. Was there a court case? I do not know, but I would like to find out. Was the "map" in question THE Ruth map? Probably not. Was there a map at all? Hard to say. Storm always twisted the truth to fit his own ends. To pick this one thing out is like a picking out a single drop of water in a bucket of water. One could tear Storm's ENTIRE book apart if one wanted to. I think Storm was trying to bring attention to a particular locale and used "references" to the Ruth "mystery" as a way of adding "importance" to it. Why? Probably because Storm wanted to promote his theories. Why? To sell his books... And... to hire out his "services" as a guide to "show" people the "important" site he was writing about. BUT I am curious as to whether such a court case took place... THAT is worth looking into. I wish I had more to add on that issue, but at this time I do not. <br> <br>I have heard many, many theories about the role of Purnell and Keenan in Ruth's death, and I have to say I doubt they had anything to do with it. Was Ruth so stupid and naive HE gave them a copy of his map? Well... he might have. I believe Ruth didn't have to be murdered for the MAP. I believe he would have GIVEN it away. BUT, I believe he was murdered - not for the map - but for where he WAS... or shall I say... ENDED UP... There is no way he (or his remains) could have ended up where they did unless foul play was involved. No way...
count
Expert

Post by count »

It should be easy enough to find out about the case. Just go to that specific courthouse and look up the appropriate record. It's all public information. This could put to rest this question or could open up still more questions