Cave With Gold Bars

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

Cave With Gold Bars

Post by count »

On page 36 of his book "Riples of Lost Echo's",Bob Ward relates a tale; told to him by Tracy Hawkins, of gold bars accidently being found by Harry France in a cave in the Superstition Mountains. Harry France searched with 11 people for the gold for 90 days. He was unable to find his way back to the cave. <br> <br>During a recent camping trip in the Superstition Mountains, my two sons and I searched the Little Boulder Canyon area for this treasure. We based our search area on the directions given in Ward's book. We did not find the treasure but we had a good time searching in the beautiful Superstitions. <br> <br>Does anyone have additional information, other than Ward's book, or know anyone who has information about this treasure? Does anyone know how to contact the main players, Tracy Hawkins,Dale Howard,Doc LaFave or Buster Bonner, of this treasure tale? <br> <br>Thanks for your help.
count
Expert

Post by count »

You're right, it is very beautiful back in that secluded little area. <br> <br>I would guess though, that the area has probably been searched to death over the years given its close proximity to the main thru trails and so many of the old dutch hunter camps.
count
Expert

Post by count »

For what it's worth, there are in the phone book: <br>1 B. Bonner <br>2 Dale Howards <br>1 Tracy Hawkins <br>1 Tracey Hawkins <br>14 LaFave's (no MD's)