Talking Crow

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
zentull
Expert

Talking Crow

Post by zentull »

Was out with the family today and was checking out a crow who was about 5 feet away and I said "Hello" and the damn thing very clearly said "Hello" back. I said it a few more times and got hello each time and while doing so a guy came around the bend a froze in his tracks and asked how I did that. Once everyone came closer to check it out, it wouldnt say a word no more.

So my question is are crows capable of mimicing speech? I found sources that say it is rare, but has anyone else heard this? Would this mean it was likely a pet and then released?
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

Could it have been a myna bird? Not sure of the spelling.My friend had one and it would mimic everything said in the house,had to watch the language around him.They are very similar looking to crows,but a bit smaller.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Nah, it was a crow. I googled last night and found out that they can be taught to mimic.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it myself.
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Did you ask it where the Lost Dutchman Mine was?!!! :)

That's indeed pretty freaky Wayne! At least all it did was mimic you and not actually have a conversation!!!
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Hey, can you fly over Area 51 and tell me what is really going on there?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

No, but I got a buddy that worked there who is up in New River now. He was into satellites or something. I met a lot of guys who did government contract work in construction around there as well.

The Crow did say something like"Randy, send Wayne money...lots of money"
It sounded sincere.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari