Durango, Colorado

FRIENDLY, general interest, non LDM discussions with other forum members.
klondike
Part Timer

Durango, Colorado

Post by klondike »

Beautiful little train ride.

Anyone Interested?

Klondike
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

You're tugging at my heart sir. I love that train. When are you going? That's some of the most beautiful country in the world :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
klondike
Part Timer

The Massacre Grounds

Post by klondike »

Randy,

I will pm you.

Take Care,

Klondike
lazarus
Expert

Train

Post by lazarus »

My wife and I rode the train during the winter when it only goes as far as Cascade. It was well worth it. We have also traveled up to Silverton for the July 4th parade and fireworks, also well worth the effort.

We were just in Durango last week, as my wife loves Wolf Creek Pass and hates the 40. We were headed to Denver to visit a friend I have known 35 yrs. The weather was fantastic.

There are numerous great train rides in the southwest. The D&S is certainly one of the best.

Brad
klondike
Part Timer

Durango

Post by klondike »

Hello Mr. Lazurus,

Have to agree with you about the train ride from Durango to Silverton. It really is something special.

That whole area offers an awful lot to anyone interested in mining or history.

Had a geologist friend who I used to go with to Singleton. The particular mine he was working had a lot of visible gold and the ore was quite beautiful. What was it Mclearen said faults, fractures, shear zones. A lot of that up there.

Remember the vein broke off and he was having a fit figuring where it had rotated.

Use to spend a lot of time in the Mesa Verde area. Ever been there?

Seems Dog had a Stone Map searcher convinced the maps took you to Mesa Verde. Who knows maybe they do.

Reminds me of the Latin Heart. It doesn`t really matter.

Klondike
lazarus
Expert

Mesa Verde

Post by lazarus »

I love the entire area. It's some of the most beautiful terrain I have ever seen. There is certainly still gold up there.

Laz