Pabst : Jacob Walzer Then & Now

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

Pabst : Jacob Walzer Then & Now

Post by zentull »

Anyone read this book? While the prologue is interesting and the book supposedly is based on Rhinehart Petrasch's story, I heard the content is irrelevant. Is this author the same as the Pabst who wrote several books concerning the Kennedy's?

In other words does anyone know the back story of this book and is it a worthwhile read.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Where did you get it? I'd like to read it... Rhiney is my "fav dutchman character", aside from Dutchie himself of course.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I don't believe I have ever seen this book. The authour says that he was given Papers, documents and photographs that were on Waltz's person during the flood. They were entrusted to him by Rhiney for consideration to be used in a future book to reveal the truth about Waltz and the LDM.

The book itself seems to have nothing to do with those documents. It appears that this stuff was given to Pabst to produce another book at a later time. Somehow the documents, papers and such are payment of some sort to Pabst for producing the (next?) book.

Pabst would be 86 years old presently, so who knows if he is still around and what may have become of the material. It seems these could be some of the things mentioned stolen from Julias purse that Gottfried had possession of. If so it makes sense that Rhiney would of had possession after Gottfried was committed.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Wow, this is enticing.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Pabst?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Can you tell us how you came by this information, and do you have a first name for the author?

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Ralph M. Pabst ........

It is part of the Core works on Doug Stewarts site. I wonder if shortly after its release a Dutch Giant came along a squashed him like a bug. We don't want no nasty documents and papers changing the story, now do we ?

Best to toss out a theory or three and keep the factual stuff out of curious eyes.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Ruby

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Your author wrote one other book, that I know of. It was about Jack Ruby. Perhaps Doug Stewart can tell you where to find the book.

Joe
Roger
Part Timer

Pabst Book

Post by Roger »

Here is the bio on Stewart's web site for Pabst's book:

Pabst, Ralph M. 1920 -
Jacob von Walzer facts: then & now! Arizona: Augury Press, 1992. Softcover, (6)231 pages, numerous photographs, 8 in color, 2 maps and 1 document. Edited by Jerry Coblentz. On the cover: "Jacob von Walzer / Facts: Then & Now! / Superstition Fame / Ralph M. Pabst, Ph.D." Half-title page: "Superstition Mountain / The Dutchman / Jacob Waltz." This book may never have really been for sale, I only know of one copy.

I have searched the web for a copy, but none to be found. Pabst named the Dutchman "Jacob von Walzer" which would instantly make me question anything else he has written.

Roger
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I have seen 5 by Ralph M. Pabst:

JFK: The whole Truth, so help me 1992
The Spoofiness Lexicon 1986
Plodding towards terror: A personal look at the Jack Ruby case 1974
Jacob Von walzer : Facts then and now
Kennedy and allied families 1964

Always could be 2 of them, but it would be odd that 2 guys with the same name like to write about JFK?

I figure the prologue was a tool to get someones attention.

I will try and remember to follow it up with Doug Stewart. This is where Novice usually came in with a bunch of stuff........save me the the trouble

144 views, but no ones got a clue......................
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Ralph M. Pabst

Born : November 2 1902
Died : October 12 1995 Maricopa county, Arizona

SSN issued in North Carolina
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Doug Stewart responded that he has no other information than what was posted on his site concerning the book or Author.

Pabst and his wife both passed away in 1995.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

http://www.lost-dutchman.com/dutchman/entries/pabs.html

This makes for some interesting reading on its own.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Death Dates

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Not that it makes any difference, but Ralph died on Oct. 12, 1995 and his wife, Phyllis died on June 28, 1984. Both are buried in the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona. Ralph was a WWII Navy Veteran.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Sorry,

I wrote down the death dates wrong and had her listed in 1995 as well. I have an internment date of January 25th 1996 which is puzzling. Could be the survivors were out of town, but that is quite the time extension. My neighbor had a 3 month delay, but that was to for everyone who could to make the arrangements to attend the ceremonies at Arlington.

Ralph served in the Navy during WW2 from July 1943- December 1945

Since he doesn't come up on the census records I can look up, it is hard to say where and when he spent his time in Arizona. He also is listed as having a PHD, but in what I have no idea. I am looking up obituaries now.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Pabst

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

I could find no Census records for Ralph. I also found no children listed anywhere for the couple.

What would be interesting would be if his father was Adolph Pabst, of California. Adolph was also an author.

Take care,

Joe
alexandertaylorjr

Re: Pabst : Jacob Walzer Then & Now

Post by alexandertaylorjr »

I knew Ralph personally. He was a great person. The world lost a great deal when he passed away.