for gods sake

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
don
Part Timer

for gods sake

Post by don »

its rather sad to see the demise of this site/forum.im not trying to knock treasure net ,but cant understand why posters would ditch this site in favour of TN ..such a wealth of information here from days past,lively debate ,a lot of passion too at times..even the odd bit of comedy here and there. do people now prefer the "comic book" type of posts instead,which in my opinion,make up much of TN,s content?..id guess the late departed Joe Ribaudo would have said "its a sign o the times"..well maybe it is..but even so,its a shame...I doubt anyone will answer , or even read this.i was tempted to headline the topic " At last the ldm has been found!" im sure that would have guarranteed a few looks lol..if indeed nothing else. kind regards to all or any remaining members..it was nice knowing ya.
Don update your email address
Potbelly Jim
Part Timer

Re: for gods sake

Post by Potbelly Jim »

Hi Don,

I think lots of people still check this site. Maybe the reason very little gets posted here anymore is that pretty much everything has already been hashed over, twice :D

A lot of the old posters here might have also moved on to other interests, or as we sadly note, passed on. I've been distracted by other hobbies myself, but every once and awhile I might get interested in something and do some digging. Sometimes I would go a year or two without any LDM thoughts or interest, but it doesn't seem to last that long the past few years...at least for me. So I tend to check these sites a couple of times a week...mostly without seeing anything new...but as you say, most of that sort of thing seems to come up on TN these days.

Compared to TNET, perhaps it is better to have a few substantive posts per year here, as opposed to what can happen over there?

Hope all is well with you and yours, and that you have a happy and prosperous New Year!
Jim R.
don
Part Timer

Re: for gods sake

Post by don »

hi Jim,
Hope you are keeping well in these troubled times and nice to hear from you again.I guess youre right, both with the reasons why its dropped off here and that 1 thread with substance here is most likely better than a thousand silly posts elsewhere lol.As us "oldies" die off ,we arent being replaced with younger people who have the same interests either ..perhaps in a decade or so the LDM legend will be superceded by "the lost gold of Nelson mandela" or "Bill Clintons buried chest of emeralds " or such like .
Kind regards
Don update your email address