OKAY, I think I figured this thing out.

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
holyground
Greenhorn

OKAY, I think I figured this thing out.

Post by holyground »

I can't remember the first time I posted here, but I haven't seen anything come back, well one, but it was formal with no response required. So, are the people that post here, or used to post here, all passed on? Were they those old guys I used to see sitting under the awnings of their fifth wheels, drinking a 7UP, metal detectors leaning against the ice chests, ready for action? :D I was hoping to hear some good stories but since I have read everything here, suppose I'll just mosey on down the trail to parts unknown. Maybe I'll write another book about all the LDM clues, you know, the real clues. Only this time, it will be 5,000 blank pages. They say the cover sells the book.
Maybe everyone is just tired of it all, you know, the same ole same ole being rehashed again and again. Will the LDM go the way of the buggy whip or disposable douches? Will the true romantics finally die off, leaving nothing but people with fully functional microprocessors implanted in their butts so they can't sit on a horse? Hey, listen here! No one is listening so I can get just as silly as I want to. HEY hey hey hey hey...see there, echo.
Sorry, Ron. You know how youngsters are. There really was a cliff there. Well, I'm an old Cow Hand, From the Rio Grand. Been at it a while. Missing toenails to show for it. Always remember 96, 96, 96.
don
Part Timer

Re: OKAY, I think I figured this thing out.

Post by don »

Holyground.....there was a time when this forum was as busy as a moth round a desk lamp. unfortunately an inter tribal war began..1 particular person was singled out and subjected to a lot of awful abuse,for what-i dont know. and i think members just didnt feel safe posting any more ironically that person was a hive of information,posted sensible stuff,not the kind of fantasy type things or wild claims that you sometimes see here . maybe that was the reason he was singled out? plus of course theres not much that can be written ,that hasnt been written before. hope this helps.
Don update your email address
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

But, who's to say what is sensible in a field of complete unknowns? How do you regulate fantasy? Don't throw no water on it, let it burn. Unless of course, you have all of the answers and that is just the way it shall be. Then I can see why people would not come back. Telling them they are stupid has that effect.
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

even WITHOUT knowing all the answers, there are some things that are obviously stupid,and some things that are outright lies designed to bolster someones reputation. theres been lots of that kind of thing here in the past,and when the nonsense was questioned-the trouble started..and went on and on and on....even physical threats were uttered so im led to believe..in public and private...THAT is the reason ,lots left. never to return.and some are still sorely missed.....and some arent.
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

Well, it is a sad thing.
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

holyground wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:15 pm I can't remember the first time I posted here, but I haven't seen anything come back, well one, but it was formal with no response required. So, are the people that post here, or used to post here, all passed on? Were they those old guys I used to see sitting under the awnings of their fifth wheels, drinking a 7UP, metal detectors leaning against the ice chests, ready for action? :D I was hoping to hear some good stories but since I have read everything here, suppose I'll just mosey on down the trail to parts unknown. Maybe I'll write another book about all the LDM clues, you know, the real clues. Only this time, it will be 5,000 blank pages. They say the cover sells the book.
Maybe everyone is just tired of it all, you know, the same ole same ole being rehashed again and again. Will the LDM go the way of the buggy whip or disposable douches? Will the true romantics finally die off, leaving nothing but people with fully functional microprocessors implanted in their butts so they can't sit on a horse? Hey, listen here! No one is listening so I can get just as silly as I want to. HEY hey hey hey hey...see there, echo.
Sorry, Ron. You know how youngsters are. There really was a cliff there. Well, I'm an old Cow Hand, From the Rio Grand. Been at it a while. Missing toenails to show for it. Always remember 96, 96, 96.
Some have indeed passed on, so the torch should be carried forward by the younger generation. High tech gee whiz gadgetry that works great in the lab are the future. Books are obsolete, make a video for show and tell, and you will soon be rolling in riches so the current wisdom holds.

If you were actually serious, there is good reason to 'rehash' the old information. Too much BS has been blended into the original facts until the LDM is now a fantastical, impossible tale. It is a huge, funnel shaped pit, and is not more than a dozen feet deep with an entrance no larger than a barrel, it is a rich rose/white/black (choose your preference here) quartz, it is a rich placer with grains of gold like grains of wheat, it's loaded with silver and amethyst, it's epithermal, mesothermal, hypothermal, (choose personal preference here as well) and on it goes. It would be worth going back to original sources, watch out for the mistaken mixing of tales so that a lost placer got mixed up with a lode gold mine (as one example) and get the later BS screened out, and you just might stand a chance of finding the original lost gold mine of Jacob Waltz. A good many Dutch hunting treasure authors have added things to what was a remarkable story without embellishment, perhaps in the belief that other, unrelated lost mines were really talking about the same mine of Jacob Waltz. Other erroneous info has been mixed in for much darker reasons.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

Oroblanco
"We must find a way, or we will make one." --Hannibal Barca
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

Oroblanco wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:34 pm
holyground wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:15 pm I can't remember the first time I posted here, but I haven't seen anything come back, well one, but it was formal with no response required. So, are the people that post here, or used to post here, all passed on? Were they those old guys I used to see sitting under the awnings of their fifth wheels, drinking a 7UP, metal detectors leaning against the ice chests, ready for action? :D I was hoping to hear some good stories but since I have read everything here, suppose I'll just mosey on down the trail to parts unknown. Maybe I'll write another book about all the LDM clues, you know, the real clues. Only this time, it will be 5,000 blank pages. They say the cover sells the book.
Some have indeed passed on, so the torch should be carried forward by the younger generation. High tech gee whiz gadgetry that works great in the lab are the future. Books are obsolete, make a video for show and tell, and you will soon be rolling in riches so the current wisdom holds.

If you were actually serious, there is good reason to 'rehash' the old information. Too much BS has been blended into the original facts until the LDM is now a fantastical, impossible tale. It is a huge, funnel shaped pit, and is not more than a dozen feet deep with an entrance no larger than a barrel, it is a rich rose/white/black (choose your preference here) quartz, it is a rich placer with grains of gold like grains of wheat, it's loaded with silver and amethyst, it's epithermal, mesothermal, hypothermal, (choose personal preference here as well) and on it goes. It would be worth going back to original sources, watch out for the mistaken mixing of tales so that a lost placer got mixed up with a lode gold mine (as one example) and get the later BS screened out, and you just might stand a chance of finding the original lost gold mine of Jacob Waltz. A good many Dutch hunting treasure authors have added things to what was a remarkable story without embellishment, perhaps in the belief that other, unrelated lost mines were really talking about the same mine of Jacob Waltz. Other erroneous info has been mixed in for much darker reasons.

Oroblanco
Okay, I see your point, but, have you been to the mine so you can sort out the truth from the fiction and tell everyone else that theirs is mistruth? I know you have not. And so what if people want to color the story in a fashion that lets their imaginations run wild. What else do they have to dream about? A government gone to tyranny that controls everything they try to do? An economy that won't let them even try it? I don't have to read their nonsense if it is actually nonsense. If I don't like the station I change the channel. Well, in the end, it didn't seem to work out for you anyway. I will tell you this, the Lost Church Treasure of Santa Fe was beyond all of your dreams and wildest imaginations. That is until the Jesuits refound it and emptied it. That's where Jake waltz got his gold so, maybe all of you are telling tales out of school.

Some just have more power than others and they throw it down on those they see as lesser. Tyranny.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

holyground wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:46 pm
Oroblanco wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Oroblanco
Okay, I see your point, but, have you been to the mine so you can sort out the truth from the fiction and tell everyone else that theirs is mistruth? I know you have not. And so what if people want to color the story in a fashion that lets their imaginations run wild. What else do they have to dream about? A government gone to tyranny that controls everything they try to do? An economy that won't let them even try it? I don't have to read their nonsense if it is actually nonsense. If I don't like the station I change the channel. Well, in the end, it didn't seem to work out for you anyway. I will tell you this, the Lost Church Treasure of Santa Fe was beyond all of your dreams and wildest imaginations. That is until the Jesuits refound it and emptied it. That's where Jake waltz got his gold so, maybe all of you are telling tales out of school.

Some just have more power than others and they throw it down on those they see as lesser. Tyranny.
holyground,

Welcome to the LDM Forum. If you search back through the posts here, you will find a wealth of good information mixed in with the trash.

Are you an Apache?

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

I was born in Arizona, my mother was born in Arizona and my Grandparents are Pioneers of Arizona. I have Apache blood married into my family. I hold the Apache People in the highest esteem.
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

One mans trash is another man's treasure.
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

....and one mans b.s is another mans truth...and sometimes a nice little earner too.has geronimo any living descendants? maybe they know the truth?....oh forget it.
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Holyground you don't know me, nor anything about what successes or disappointments I have had. Enjoy the mixture of fact and fiction, seems you prefer it that way.
holyground
Greenhorn

Post by holyground »

I thought they found all of the gold in South Dakota back in the Deadwood days.
Oroblanco
Part Timer

Post by Oroblanco »

Are you sure the Deadwood days ended way back then?
https://denr.sd.gov/documents/Goldrpt00.pdf

Only one major gold mine still operating, but SD was the leading gold producing state for many years until the Homestake mine shut down.
cuzzinjack
Part Timer

Post by cuzzinjack »

Hello Oro,

I graduated from High School in Moorcroft, WY, not too far from you, and took the cooks tour of the Homestake Mine in 1981. Even got a good gold sample. The surface facilities at that mine and the upkeep were the nicest I've ever seen.

cuzzinjack