Jan slipped away from us last night.

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Joe

Your reply to "Ronnie Kelso" presupposes that Mr Kelso is indeed Mr Kelso and not a manifestation of the many-headed Hydra that we seem to be facing. You might want to rethink that.

Am starting to wonder if "Buscar" was part of the same animal, or is too embarrassed to speak up.

The rest of your post is dead-on.

Why would Mr Kelso think Ron Feldman was involved in something like this?
Ron is a good man. The person behind this doesnt seem to realize (or care)
how something silly like this might be affecting others.

At this stage of the game it is indeed fairly obvious who is behind this. I am hoping that he will just offer a simple apology under his real name and let it go at that. When he finds out why I am hanging on to this subject like a bull terrier, I am sure he will realize the error of his ways.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Code

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

"Your reply to "Ronnie Kelso" presupposes that Mr Kelso is indeed Mr Kelso and not a manifestation of the many-headed Hydra that we seem to be facing. You might want to rethink that."

I am trying to keep my personal suspicions in check here. The "Hydra" has been with us for a long time now. He is in his comfort zone. The Forum has been a warm and fuzzy place for his growth. He should be exposed, and all of his heads dealt with, once and for all.

One post, with verifiable facts, is all that is required to end this speculation. If there was a Jan, she deserves to be put to rest. We are still waiting for such a post.

Until that comes, there should be NO silence on the subject.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Redirecting Our Energies

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

Peter and I are of one heart and mind in this matter. While we may not be friends, we are allies.

Peter,

All of our thoughts and prayers need to be focused right now, and this vile game is in the way. The power of prayer is a tangible force, and needs to be directed towards those in need. I understand your reluctance to reveal what you know, but believe you should reconsider.

I will respect your wishes in this matter.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Ray Tucker
Greenhorn

Post by Ray Tucker »

I have been waiting for someone else to do this but since no one has, I feel an obligation to Jan’s family and the members that genuinely feel a loss in Jan’s absence to do so.

Although I never met Jan in person, I corresponded with her via e-mail, telephone conversations and the U.S. Mail on several occasions over the past few months. I corresponded with her via e-mail for a month or more before giving her my phone number which resulted in several long telephone conversations with her. We did exchange things through the U.S. Mail that we did not feel comfortable sending over the internet. Under the circumstances, I see no harm in saying that the name I addressed U.S. Mail to her to was not Jennifer Graham and I fully understood and accepted her reason for using a former last name on the internet.

Like Buscar, Ronnie, Redison and a number of others whom I will not mention, I was in Jan’s e-mail address book and received the initial notification of her accident via e-mail. I was also contacted by Jennile (Jan’s twin sister) via telephone because my home phone number was in Jan’s cell phone.

The family felt that there were some unusual circumstances surrounding Jan’s accident and they were desperate to know who might have been traveling with her and why. They eventually made the observation that her blazedvd@hotmail address was an address she used mainly for communications pertaining to her membership on this website and that the individuals she corresponded with via this e-mail address were not likely to be close personal friends that might be able to provide the type of information they were looking for. They received several appreciated and well wishing e-letters for Jan’s speedy recovery and eventual condolences via this address, but then they began getting messages requesting personal information about Jan that anyone that had actually known her should have already known. Two individuals even wrote to them inquiring about the expected final disposition of Jan’s personal belongings concerning her “Lost Dutchman” Library. (I know the e-mail address of these two individuals but I have no idea who they are since they do not align with any usernames on this website.

As you can imagine, the family was grossly offended by these e-mails and terminated all communications through this address and the address itself. All their following efforts to contact Jan’s personal acquaintances in Arizona were done via the numbers in her cell phone or other e-mail addresses which could be accessed using a stored passwords.

I have observed the insane postings on this website in this thread with a great deal of disgust and fully understand why the family took the actions that they did. Treasure hunting and the search for the lost dutchman mine is an interesting hobby but there are some who will stop at nothing in their attempts to gain access to someone else’s knowledge and personal information on the subjects.

Anyone reading through the past postings can see that Jan brought many members of this website together in communication like no one else before her had been able to do. She feared that she had lost a valued friend in the process, but she had goals she wished to achieve that if fulfilled would have offset that loss. All the ranting and raving being done by some members here who post that they never knew her, also probably never corresponded with her or talked to her on the telephone is nothing short of insanity! On several occasions in the past (Look back) they tried to sabotage her attempts to create a warm a friendly environment for the exchange of information, for no other reason than she seemed to be a little more knowledgeable than they were on certain subjects. What the Hell makes these people think they are entitled to any personal information about this lady or her family? Is there a link between these people and the two that felt somehow entitled to make an enquiry to her family about her personal library? I wish to Hell I knew! There certainly is an obvious consistency in their lack of maturity self centered intentions.

Everyone that knew Jan on a personal level had no problem finding out where to send cards and flowers. Anyone that felt ostracized probably was, intentionally and for good reason.

To the administrators of this website and its members that sincerely feel the loss, have expressed their condolences, and have not already received it in other form, I officially speak for Jan’s family in expressing their deep appreciation.

Ray Tucker
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Mr "Tucker",

While your post was lengthy, you still did not answer a few important points.
Such as:

1) Can you direct us to an obituary or news article on the accident? This of course, will not impose on the grieving family and immediately end any and all suspicion amongst members of the LDM community that this whole event was staged.

2) It seems mighty convenient to me the "Jans" family now refuses all contact with anyone using the [email protected] account. (I capitalized here on purpose of course, I'm sure you know why.)

3) Now you are turning this thing completely around, actually blaming forum members for the lack of forthcoming information. While the good people on the forum had nothing but sympathy for this situation in the beginning, I doubt a single forum member believes this story now.

4) Attempting to link myself with anyone trying to access "Jans" LDM info via her family is beyond laughable.

5) Why havent any other of the numerous friends of Jans stepped forward and said, "yes I knew her etc etc".

6) The LDM community in general is a very close knit group. Everyone knows, or has heard of, or knows someone who knows somebody else. No one I know of has heard of Jan. Or Ronnie Kelso. Or Ray Tucker. A large part of that community wishes these silly games would end, there are more important things for the LDM community to focus on than this nonsense right now.

I am hoping that you will be man enough to admit the joke, say you are sorry and that will be the end of it. But I see by this last post that that is an unlikely scenario.

P
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

We've had two hydras that I can think of. Only one, though, can write an intelligible post using reasonable grammer and spelling, such as Mr. Tucker's. The same one, coincidentally, has a penchant for describing their surroundings as they post, such as "Jan" did on her way through Texas. It would be interesting to see those IP addresses!

Just idle observation and speculation.
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

To: Whoever did this:

Sick Sick puppy.

Believe Joe and TGH are probably right.

Regards,

Late49er
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

My dear Wiz,

IP addresses might be different depending on how many PCs one might be able to access. Throw in multiple PCs and a couple of dozen HOTMAIL accounts and presto, you have a bunch of anonymous folks tearing up cyberspace. Must be hard to keep all that stuff straight tho....must have to take notes on who you told different stories to so you dont trip yourself up eventually.

How good was the part in "Ray Tuckers" post about the mystery passenger in the deathmobile? Course he tripped himself up with that snippet. Jan dies in the accident, but there is a mystery passenger ( who maybe had something to do with the accident) who survived..this all happens around Christmas time and there is absolutely NO news interest anywhere on this story. No police interest. No obituary. Nada. Zilch.

And we thought this forum had been a bit bizarre in the past......

P
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Folks,

One more point on Ray Tuckers post. Doubtless many of you have caught on to the fact that Jan Grahams name is NOT her real name (according to Mr Tucker). Dont be terribly surprised if Mr "Tucker" is attempting to come up with an accident victim for us now. So when he finds a poor Jane Smith who perished on I-10 on Christmas Eve he can say thats our "Jan"..."see, told you so".

I know this sounds nuts.....but apparently we arent dealing with someone who's view of the world is the same as most of us.

Just wanted to throw this in to pre-empt this fellows logical next move.

P

PS Can I stop now? Does anyone else need further convincing? We have other more important matters to attend to.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Game Continues

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ray Tucker,

That was a long post for someone who is, himself, a ghost. You have created quite a story here, but not one shred of evidence.

I won't go back and quote any of her "attempts to create a warm a friendly environment for the exchange of information...." Interestingly enough, you made exactly the same efforts.

Buscar can, and I believe will tell what he knows about this matter soon.

When you say "I officially speak for Jan's family", what exactly does that mean? If there was no Jan, that would make you the family. It would be very easy to end this speculation. Do it.

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Important Matters

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I agree. Let's move to those "important matters" now. There may not be time to continue this dialog. We can get back to it later.

Your reasoning for silence is good but I believe, not good enough. IMHO we should all be focused on another subject. One has absolutly nothing to do with the other.

Finding the proof to expose the creator of this game may take longer than we have. I have no doubt that what you have feared will happen, is correct. That will only bring this sick bastard farther into the light of day and we will be the only ones to see it.

That is all personal opinion, but I hope you will consider it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Deleted...............
Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

Post by Jesse J. Feldman »

Ronnie,

First of all, apology accepted. Second, my father would be happy to know you called him famous. Third, Rochha was not talking about me. Since the issue has been pushed I will respond. I felt your last post was missing something and it looks as if you are still lost. This will clear up any questions you have about me or my post.

My statement you are confused about -

"I did not know Jan other than this forum and perhaps an attendance or two at special talks."

Perhaps I met Jan. Perhaps does not mean for a fact. The definition of perhaps is possibly; maybe. Look it up. One of "Jans" posts said she was at Kenworthy's talk as I was too. I'm sure I have been to a few of the same talks as "Jan" and have met her, but I do not remember her. If this is a hoax, I met whoever is behind this. If this is a hoax, everyone wants to know. I hope you can come up with something because there are a few people who honostly care one way or the other.

Jesse
buscar
Part Timer

Post by buscar »

Hello all

After having sent a Christmas e-card to Jan, [email protected] believing that Jan was who she claimed to be, I received an email from Jennifer, Jan's sister telling me her unexpected dismiss. I was devastated and it was my reaction simply to post the sad news here on the LDM to let everybody know.

This is the email I sent to Jennifer: The tragic news of Jan's sudden and sad passing is a terrible shock and all will miss her. She contributed greatly to the forum and was liked by all. Would you be so kind as to PM me an address where I might send flowers and condolences to her family. It would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.

As of this date: I’ve received no reply.

It is an upsetting situation to see that the LDM is vulnerable to different points of view taking place that relate to Jan, simply because, when registering, it is not mandatory to provide our real name, place of employment and full residence. Consequently, at the present, we are left with no paper trail to follow.

I do not want to be the judge, jury and executer—there is enough malice on the forum already. We need to take it easy on Jan until something of greater value should develop.

buscar 8O
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

To all,

You folks can see now why I went after this subject with a vengence. If this Jan thing IS a hoax (and that seems extremely likely) I was not going to allow it to interfere with the all too true news about Steve. The hoaxer did not count on the fact that we had a real situation on our hands.

Jesse, you are correct. You have no doubt met the person behind this. Several forum members have. He has a well -known name, its a shame it had to come to this for him. But he is not going to sully Steves good name, or take the focus away from him now in his time of need. I am still hoping he admits the joke and apologizes. Perhaps the news about Steve will cause him to see the errors of his way.

Buscar, looks like you were simply set up in this whole thing. My apologies.

Any folks who want to send Steve a get well card, drop me an email.
[email protected]

Peter
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Jan

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

After talking at great length with Buscar, I am convinced that he knows nothing more about Jan than the rest of us. I believe he is a man of honor and would have nothing to do with this sad affair.

Those who claim to have had conversations with Jan, on the phone, should provide her phone number. That would be an easy way to show that such a person did exist.

It is almost impossible for someone to live any kind of a normal life and leave no paper trail. Jan had a job, a car, a home and friends. There is some kind of record out there. Who, other than Wyatt, met her face to face?

The person who dealt these cards is close to being exposed. It would be better for him, if he would do what Peter has suggested. No one wants to end up with the kind of history that has dogged "Crazy Jake". Don't let us be the controlling factor. Take control of your own history.

For me, it will end when you come forward.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Joe,

I am not so sure Wyatt met her face to face. Remember Wyatt asked if this were Jan Graham. Yet the official voice of the family, Ray Tucker tells us that that is NOT her name at all. Seems to me Mr "Tucker" (might have to change "Tucker" to his real name pretty soon, but that, of course, would be an insult to my Stetson), picked up on the Wyatt thing and figured that was as good a last name as any. Now that the noose is closing around this bozos neck, that name will doubtless be changed to whoever was a casualty on I-10 over the Christmas Holiday.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The End

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

There is no room left in me for this conversation. Let's both leave it behind.

Respectfully,

Joe
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

enjuh
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Deleted..................
Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

One More To Gouge?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

You and I have certainly done our share of gratuitous eye gouging over the last few years, but it became a sickness that seemed to feed on itself.
I don't know if I have the stomach for even one more eyeball.

I do agree that that this vermin needs to be exposed. We gave him the chance to come clean and he just scurries about trying to obscure his activities. As you may recall, I tried to expose him from the start. That effort just spawned more heads.

Should you post his name, you would need positive proof that he is the "perp". Without that, all of the heads will just spend hours attacking you. I believe I know what I am talking about here, as that was exactly what I experienced, without even mentioning his name. The applause
for this bastard came from all quarters, even real members.

This "Jan" thing warrants whatever comes down on our lone wolfs heads.
It is just the kind of thing that I mistakenly took on as "my job" in the past, except that this stunt is a hundred times worse than anything I tried to expose. None of my windmill jousting was worth the angst, but perhaps this one is.

As I suggested, the wolf that was being stroked, bit. Jan is the blood trail.
Despite our requests for one (1) person to come forward who had met Jan in person, had her old phone #, address, details of her death....anything that would prove she existed, not a single person has been able to come up with anything.

You are riding into the eye of a storm. Good luck.

The four days is more than a "round number", as you know, and seems appropriate considering the spirits that seem to be gathering. They are watching.

Respectfully,

Joe
JAMES HAMRICK

jan slipped away from us last night

Post by JAMES HAMRICK »

My head is having a tough time trying to make sense out of what has been posted concerning death or faked deaths. I tend to believe that each person that posts on this site is only saying what he or she believes to be the truth. I find it hard to understand why anyone would scam this site.

Not knowing the actual ages of others I think that I am typical of most members. retired with time to do things I always wanted to do but with health problems that don,t allow me. I can relate to the post of Gene Reynolds, January 17, which reflects what most of us believe and/or have experienced.

It is always sad when anyone you know or are associated with dies, but remember the sadness is for those left behind not the ones who have died for they have moved to a place which far better than here. About 32 years I make a brief vist to that place and look forward to some day returning but not until it is time. Many of you understand that dying is easy it is living that is hard.

I know that I am rambling and perhaps not too coherent but as I said my head is having a hard time trying to sort things out. I do feel a sadness for the lost years of stored memory and for the grieve of the family and friends.

James Hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Moving On

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

James,

I hope you are recovering and getting stronger every day. It seems like you have more than your share of troubles, and yet you find the time and compassion to cheer others on.

I believe we are moving on and away from the "Jan" debacle. The person responsible has received enough pressure and heat from the community and, likely, his friends to stop posting. It's unfortunate that he did not have the class and humility to own up to the deed. He will, instead, bite everything that moves or speaks. As Steve once told me, "It's a sad world".

Good to see you posting and hope we can move on to a more postive direction.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo