What REALLY happened to Adolph Ruth?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
novice
Expert

Re: What REALLY happened to Adolph Ruth?

Post by novice »

Randy, Larry and Somehiker

Friday, after reading the posts, I walked away feeling like I had a pretty good handle on the location and story behind Willow Springs. I come back and now I have “three” different Willow Springs we are dealing with and Somehiker was even tossing a possible fourth location in the pot.

I think I have finally sorted through everything. (Hopefully!).

Larry that was some great research you shared

While I also doubt this discussion about Willow Springs has any direct relationship to Adolph Ruth, my perception is that Aurum was tying the Adolph Ruth Willow Springs to the Hake claims near the Willow Springs north of Goldfield.

Aurum wrote: “This was a mining strike discovered and filed on in June 1887, 5 years before the Goldfield mines were discovered. The location of this strike was along the ridge that seperates east Boulder from west Boulder canyons with Willow spring being below this ridge in West Boulder.”

Reading all of the forum posts that Joe previously posted, it appears that Aurum was trying to make the case that it was the Morse family who directed Adolph Ruth to West Boulder based on earlier Hakes and Morse searches for the LDM. This would help prove that there was a very long term and close tie between Ruth and Morse.

This “alleged” close relationship or non-relationship between Ruth and Morse/Hake is important in trying to understand the Adolph Ruth Story. If the story is being spun by the families or anyone else, it should be addressed.

The research (so far) into the Hakes/Morse families and the Adolph Ruth timeline doesn’t support any close relationship. Still looking

Garry
zentull
Expert

Re: What REALLY happened to Adolph Ruth?

Post by zentull »

I will try to file it away next time I run into John and I suggest the same to everyone else. I am sure he would be more than happy to share if he knows.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"