Missing Hiker In The Superstitions

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: Missing Hiker In The Superstitions

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. Johnson,

I believe you have mis-characterized Garry's intentions and the kind of person we all know him to be.

We have done extensive research on Adolph Ruth and the circumstances surrounding his death for some time now. One of the outcomes of that research was locating and contacting Eleanor Clark, who graciously gave Garry all of the correspondence she had saved of her father's letters from various Dutch Hunters, after Adolph's death. We donated that original correspondence to the museum.

I believe Garry is trying to see how the facts/evidence of the three hikers who were recently lost and perished in the Superstitions might tie into the Ruth circumstances. I am sure his interest in this case has to do with Adolph Ruth, even though we haven't discussed it.

I have worked closely with Garry on various research projects for a number of years now. I can assure you he is not after any sensationalized/ghoulish details, but facts and evidence that may shed some light on Adolph Ruth's story.

To see the kind of product that Garry is producing and freely making available to the Dutch Hunting community and the general public as well, you might want to visit this site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... tchman.htm

Since you have made these disparaging remarks publicly, I would hope you will apologize to Garry in the same manner, even though I doubt he would ask for such an apology. Does that seem unreasonable to you?

Thanks for any consideration you give to this matter.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
wwjohnson
Greenhorn

Post by wwjohnson »

I'm sure novice is a wonderful person and fine researcher but in this I feel he is out of line.

If someone really wants to truly research and talk about the condition of the three mens bodys and what they looked like and what the animals did to them they don't need to troll the forums for everyone and there brother to give there stories, speculation and hearsay. I'm sorry but I just feel it's in very bad taste and is disrespectful and hurtful to loved ones.

If they are really serious and interested in research they can call the Maricopa Co. Medical Examiner at (602) 506-3322 and the Maricopa Co. Sheriff at (602) 876-1801 and ask for Don Roughan. Those offices will be able to give all the facts, reports and direct someone to the person who located the bodys and they can give an eyewitness first hand account.

All your going to get here by openly soliciting everyones stories is people relating what they heard from 2nd and 3rd hand sources and I have heard the ridiculous stories and speculation that are going around Apache Junction.

Ruth has been gone now for 80 years, the families of the three men have barely had time to grieve over the loss and have just recently buried their loved ones.

If you can't understand that I'm sorry but thats how I truly feel. I feel there are better ways of getting the information which are more reverant and respectful and I listed the phone numbers and contacts. No disrespect meant to any members, just feel this is wrong and spoke up about it, thats all.

Will Johnson
Apache Junction
wwjohnson
Greenhorn

Post by wwjohnson »

quote:
"I know Tom Kollenborn would have the good sense to put together an account that at this time, dealt only with the major points of the deaths and the finding of the body and not dive into gory and sensational details obtained from anyone with a computer."

In this weeks AJNews ( www.ajnews.com ) on page A4, Tom Kollenborn writes an excellent account of the disapearance and discovery of the three Utah gold seekers.
Kollenborn's article is titled, A Deadly Vision , and is very well written, factual and respectful of the families and their feelings at this very difficult time for them.

Anyone feeling Tom's article did not go far enough or wasn't detailed enough, can contact the Maricopa County Medical examiners office at , (602) 506-3322 and the Maricopa County Sheriff's office ( officer Don Roughan) at, (602) 876-1801. Tom identified local prospector, author and treasure hunter, Rick Gwynn as the man who discovered the remains of Ardean Charles and Malcolm Meeks, and the Superstition Mt. Search & Rescue team as finding the third man's remains, Curtis Merworth. Contacting those persons could possible give someone an eyewitness report of the findings, conditions and the circumstances.

Will Johnson
Apache Junction