Bob Ward and the She-Thing

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

Bob Ward and the She-Thing

Post by zentull »

I finally got Bob wards She-Thing worked out and it turns out I had two different stories mixed up.
Bob talked about a possible bigfoot/wildman but it wasn't a first hand account. The She-Thing was
a woman who was levitating in the dark outside a quick camp he made on the southern end of Bluff Springs.
He and a partner set up camp under a small ledge and their candles kept going out as dusk fell.
Bob noticed an extreme cold around him and that the candles kept getting snuffed as if someone was pinching
the wick. His partner noticed a woman through the brush staring at them, but Bob couldn't see it at first.
A flash of lightning revealed her and Bob kept lighting the candle pretty freaked out as it appeared she was
hovering about 10 feet off the ground. His partner took a shot at the apparition and it never appeared
again, though they lit a fire after that and sat up through the night scared out of their wits.

A good campfire tale and I would have rather he included some of these tales in his book. It is possible it was to be included originally as He did note the location on the map that originally came with the book.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
CLD
Part Timer

she-thing

Post by CLD »

It's true that wierd things do happen in the Arizona wilderness. Get out there often enough and your liable to see something.
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Oddly enough Randy and I took shelter in the same area under probably the same ledge during a storm. We had a hard time getting a fire going, but that was because of the wind and rain.

Ward mentions this story off and on in other articles, so it had some effect on him. He admits he never could figure out the whole thing, but hoped he never saw it again.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I'm glad I heard this story after that incident Wayne 8O 8O 8O
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Nahhhh, now we gotta camp there!!!!!!

Floating girl in the dark!

After some of the places we have gone, you think you would be up for this adventure.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

No, I'm good, thanks though :) Not a big fan of "ghosts". :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

I can't name names,Wayne,of course.But as I recall,somebody at the last gathering did mention that Randy's reaction to striped critters and other apparitions was akin to flooring a Ferrari. 8O
Just kiddin of course-----really----I mean it

Regards:SH
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

No Moon Trauma.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

SH,

Randy doesn't do Superstition Mountain nights well. 8O :lol:

Take care,

Joe
Somehiker
Part Timer

Ribbin Randy

Post by Somehiker »

Heh Joe:

Floating Ladyghost+Randy
=great photo for "Water in the Superstitions" album.

Jus kiddin,jus kiddin----SH
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Somehiker
Part Timer

Ribbin Randy

Post by Somehiker »

Randy:
Thats what we like about ya...ya got a sensa humour an yur a great tunnel rat.

Been looking out there for a couple of hours using Google Earth.
Finally a huge improvement in coverage of the area,although the resolution is not as good as it could be in all areas.Lots of new features as well.The tools section allows some detail settings to be changed.The buildings at the Dons camp and amphitheater are now visible and many trails show up.
The cairn that I mentioned as being located just below the high point of Coronado Mesa is where you can make out a small bare circle as you descend into the saddle eastward.Circlestone is visible as well.

Regards:SH
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Most of you couldn't survive the torture I put Randy through, but he gets some payback now and then.....

Hint: If you smell gas in an old mine tunnel it's usually Randy.
holyground
Greenhorn

Re: Bob Ward and the She-Thing

Post by holyground »

It's the Witch we see on the stone map. I've heard her scream out there. It will make your blood run cold. Wear your crucifix.