THE LOST WARD MINE.....

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

THE LOST WARD MINE.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Does anyone have any information on the "Lost Ward Mine", originally found in 1861 by Milton Ward? Are the "Red Hills" associated with the mine the same as "the three red hills" of LDM fame?

Joe Ribaudo
CLD
Part Timer

lost ward mine

Post by CLD »

Joe...was it called the Lost Ward Mine or just the Ward Mine but now it's lost?
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Simple Man.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

CLD,

Nope......Ward just called it "the mine". He was a simple man of few words. Does that help you? :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
CLD
Part Timer

the mine

Post by CLD »

Immensely Joe...there is a rock face in them there hills that has the word LOST on it. I wondered if there were a mine called the LOST. Thanks for the clarification.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Story.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

CLD,

I believe I heard the story about the "lost" carving. Seems four or five pot-heads wandered into the mountains, got loaded to be closer to nature, and found themselves lost.

They ended up scratching "lost" on that natural rock face in the hopes that if anyone noticed them missing, and took the trouble to instigate a search, they might find the rock face and associate it with a sad commentary on their useless lives......"LOST"!!!

Believe they eventually stumbled out of the range, but never got over that "lost" feeling.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

excellent example of creating myths.
totally unfounded, but well within acceptable belief suystem for bigots.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bigot.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

The word "bigot" gets thrown around often. Does your definition include:
"forming opinions without just cause."? If not, everyone in the world must be considered a "bigot".

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

CLD
Part Timer

LOST

Post by CLD »

I'm not a pothead and I don't get lost Joe. My life is not worthless and it SEEMS as though you are threatening me. I'm just going out on a limb here but you don't help people get LOST do you Joe? And just between you and me Joe, there are at least four places that I know of that say LOST in those mountains. I watch my back trail Joe...so don't follow me too closely. 8)
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

I suggest you re-read the post.Joe didn't call you a pothead,say you get lost or threaten you.Calm down.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Happy New Year.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Steve,

I hope you and Kathi had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

Many thanks for trying to explain my post. If you are successful, we will send you to the Middle-East to explain things to some of those folks. 8O

Carolyn and I send our best to you and the wife. You are a lucky man!....actually, we both are. :)

Take care,

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:01 pm Post subject: Good Idea.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

critter,

That's such a wonderful idea, that I want to be the first to endorse it. A boycott of three should be the second biggest event of your life. Better yet, maybe you should make a clean break and take a trip back to yahooka.com. It should be obvious, even to confused pot-heads, like yourselves, that I am the most important thing to all three of you. I do seem to be the focus of the vast majority of your posts.

Perhaps you should try posting something relavant to the LDM and the Superstiitions. Sorry, I forgot.......you know nothing about those subjects, which is why you focus on me. If you boycott me, you will have absolutely nothing to say.

I realize you guys will miss the humor in my continuing dialog with you, but that's what makes it so damn funny.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

???

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

Are you saying that CLD and critter are the same person? I am shocked! 8O 8O 8O

Why would critter need to use another identity, since he is still able to post as.....critter?

Do you believe it's OK to quote posts from the First Amendment Forum, which are derogatory, into the LDM Forum?

My hope is that Joe will, once again, remove this line of conversation. The Forum does not need to return to this kind of trash talk.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

Hello Joe,We hope you and Carolyn had a great holiday as well.
I'm afraid diplomacy isn't one of my better traits.
And yes,we are both very lucky :wink:
Have a great day.
Steve
CLD
Part Timer

Pippin

Post by CLD »

Whoever critter is I'm not him. Anyway, I said I wasn't a pot-head...not that I NEVER was. Also although I don't smoke these days...I don't condemn those who choose to. You don't seem to need my endorsement because you fight your own fight just fine but I find value in your posts. I'm new to these forums and so I have been caught a little off guard by some of the friction. Joe, you never said you were threatening me but I thought you might be. Sorry I mis-read you. :oops:
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

CDL,

may i ask which queen creek you live in? the subdivision out in the flats, or the original one?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

I Am Soooooo Misunderstood........

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

CLD,

Not to worry, as I am often misread. If you had been reading these posts a little longer, you would have known I no longer go into the Superstitions. That being said, there would be no reason to watch your back-trail to see if Joe is lurking in ambush.

The "CLD" nom de plume is used by a pothead, or ex-pothead, so the connection with someone else is natural. Never developed a taste for pot myself, but been around it for a good part of my adult life.

If you take offense easily, you will need to read my posts carefully. I usually will call a spade a spade, and if it's in a bad way I try to write it in the First Amendment Forum. This is not the place for contentious posts.

I have been called everything in the book here, so I don't pay any real attention to that kind to thing anymore. On the other hand, I do get a perverse pleasure out of poking some folks in the eye.....now and then. Character flaw I suppose.

If you would like to ask me questions off the Forum, you should be aware that I don't exchange private messages, e-mail's or phone conversations with people I don't know. I need to exchange phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses and real names. Too many creeps out there.

That's just for general information, as you have not requested that kind of contact.

Joe Ribaudo
CLD
Part Timer

Which QC

Post by CLD »

I live in the poser Queen Creek about as far toward the canal as you can get.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

lol, thanks.
spent a lot of time at the old queen creek restaurant at the golf course.
we would drive down from superior just sit and have a coke...drive back...we didn't have video games...
CLD
Part Timer

Post by CLD »

PippinWhitePaws,
What's a video game? hee hee...A whole generation lost. :(