2007 Rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

2007 Rendezvous

Post by zentull »

As the rendezvous approaches there has been a number of people who are reticent about appearing in the camp. I have given them assurance that they will be treated with respect and their presence is important to us all. One important note to us all is to remember while we can agree to disagree on the forums and there is an air of familiarity between many of us, those who are looking for an interesting evening in learning about the Lost Dutchman Mine should be treated with the upmost respect. Most of us should consider ourselves hosts to the novice visitors who will have a hundred questions and probably a difficult time catching up in a single evening.

For those wishing to organize a short hike or a trip to a point of interest, we will have a bulletin board posted by the campfire ramada for everyone’s convenience. This should allow everyone to coordinate and create a number of events that encompass a wide range of interest. The guest list of people who Randy and I have encouraged to attend should add a multitude of flavor to this years event. Again when these people attend is at their convenience and their involvement has been left to them.

Depending on the attendance, plans could change, but we will utilize the campfire area and possibly another spot at the entry to post information. Anyone planning on just a short trip for Saturday and the evening campfire could park outside the gates.

Peter had a great suggestion on a banner which will help a few lost souls locate us and Randy and I will make a trip soon to make sure everything is in good order at the camp.

Please post any questions you have in this thread so we can answer them quickly as possible.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

Zentell,

I just curious as to the amount of liabilitiy insurance taken out at the site of this years Rendezvous?

What kind of on sight security is being provided?

We all know that they're going be people there that have grudges against each other and this makes for trouble in the brewing like last years Rendezvous.

With what's happened in the past with certain people that have angered others on this forum this event seems to be very "Family Unfriendly" to me and I would hesitate to bring young children along to it.

Seems to me to be a "Liability Lawsuit in the making" when the whole Rendezvous explodes into a fist fight or lord forbid a gun battle between rival Lost Dutchman Treasure Hunting groups.

You need security and insurance to pull it off.

With out those two mandatory requirements I would suggest to people to stay away especially those with young children or the elderly.

Of course any Gang Members, Bikers or Hells Angels all have their own Guns.

Or, may I add that those able bodied men who do attend bring Body Guards and wear Kevlar Body Armor.

TJ
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Now Bill you know that isn't true. Play nice please.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

Billy,

If anything you ( TJHUNTER ) said in your post about grudges and people being made at each other has anything to do with what has happend between you and me, let me assure you I am over it and hold no grudges. I will be attending this years gathering, at least for one evening. If you are there and I see you, I will extend my hand, if you decline that is up to you.

One more thing Mr.Quest, or may I call you Johnny? Pertaining to your post in the Stone Maps thread started by Azmula at the other Lost Dutchman forum. You said this.

" Hi to all my name is Johnny.

I'd like to join in the conversation but no one will acknowledge my post on this forum so I guess I'll go some where else.

I didn't know this was a "Private" club for personally known members only.

You should advertise on your header that the general public isn't welcome here.

I'll post any future questions on a different forum.
I'm sorry if I interupted your conversation.

Johnny Q "

How did I know it was you, from this post of the Stone Maps thread of this forum, page 24:

Wyatt Westwood says:

" Hey there Joe, I guess wee will all be joining you, all five of us.

Looks like no one wants to go on your moderated forum and make plans for it so I guess were are all you got.

Wyatt, Bill of 711, TGH, Joe Jr, & Johnny Quest

Oops, never mind, looks like the trips over.

Soooo sorry,
poor old pitiful Joe. "

I did not respond because, quite frankly I ignore your posts..........Hope this clears things up for you!

Good luck in your treasure hunting,

Rochha
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Here is a link to a Kodak slideshow which will assist from the US60 turnoff on Peralta road to the main gate at the camp. Also included are photographs from around the camp and a map of the overall site.

The camp is in great shape and no critters inhabitated the surrounding buildings. There will be need for a bit of straightening up, but nothing too strenous. It was 110 degrees out and a thunderstorm blew in during my stay, but it was fun having the entire camp to myself for a few hours of exploration.

Here is the link:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... share&Ux=1

We will need to go in for a bit of straightening up and perhaps stock firewood beforehand. A few brooms and burn up some of the trash on site and we should be good to go.

Zentull
lazarus
Expert

Clean-up

Post by lazarus »

Zentull,

If someone will arrange access, I'll load up my tools and clean the area.
Perhaps we should touch base. Clean s good.

Laz
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Figure we will try to coordinate something within a few weeks of the rendezvous. Probably sweep out the buildings as well.

Thanks for offering to help out. I figured it would be nice to have things as fresh as possible for the 26th.
lazarus
Expert

TJ

Post by lazarus »

TJ,

I hope you're not serious, but rest assured, violence is not a real concern. I have attended both events and it ain't no shoot 'em up. However, insurance for events like this can be obtained for around $100.00.

If it makes you feel better, I won't be armed. I never am. I do plan to bring my castings of the stone maps, and I reckon Joe and his wife will provide vittles. Furthermore, I have signed on as Joe's bodyguard and he has signed on as mine.

Honestly, this tends to be one very mellow outing. It's always fun to sit around the campfire and watch lunatics spy from across the ravine.

Laz
lazarus
Expert

Gangs

Post by lazarus »

TJ,
in retrospect, I am somewhat taken aback by your characterization of our little slumber party.

For one thing, these are not 'gangs'. We prefer to think of them as 'clubs'.
For instance, I am a member of the 'Lone Tooth Riders'. One club calls themselves the 'Over the Hill, and Back Down the Other Side' club. Yet another calls themselves the 'Frolicking Fossils'. Joe is a member of the Pacemakers, in honor of last years ' Texas Style Friend Shooting champion, Richard Cheney.

Actually, I shouldn't poke fun at you. I once knew a guy who wouldn't take his kids to a drive-in movie without a complete body recovery team. Safety concerns should never be taken for granted.

Laz
'
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Rendezvous

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

I'm afraid none of my family has any wish to attend this year's Rendezvous. I am trying to talk Carolyn into one more event, but I don't want her to do it.....just for me and that would probably be the case.

I had no doubt that someone else would take over what we started and nursed along for the first two years. In both of those years, great efforts were made to destroy the event. While those efforts were a dismal failure, they did manage to discourage a few decent men, with families, from attending. To a much lessor degree, the efforts continue into this years event.

It seems apparent that I was the catalyst for the destructive war that was being waged. It seemed like a no-brainer for me to step out of the planning for this year. I will be at the Rendezvous, but will have nothing to do with what takes place. If by merely attending, I am the cause of any confrontations, I will hook up, leave and it will be my last Rendezvous.

I expect Wayne and Randy to make sure that doesn't happen.

See you there.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I don't buy into the suggestion that you are somehow responsible for stoking the contentious conduct. It takes two to tango. You and I clash notoriously, but your conduct at the rendezvous has been nothing short of exemplary.

If there was indeed any palpable tension, it never made it to my camp, and mine was next to yours. At one point, I thought I heard screaming, but it turned out to be Motley Crue, blaring from Zentull's car stereo. In all, I have faced greater threats at a Smothers Brothers concert, and you weren't anywhere nearby. Not everything can be your fault.

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Fault Line...

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

"Not everything can be your fault."

My thanks for the kind words, but I did not say "everything" was my fault. I have deleted the remainder of this post.

Thanks again,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I could of sworn it was "Black Label Society"

The term "3rd annual" says it all........

"DutchHunter rendezvous" says even more.....

Keeping it at the Dons camp was the best thing for all.

The turn out will be good and the main fire will make it better. What I am hoping for is not just families, but fresh blood as well. It would be fun to watch Joe, Lazarus, Azmula and others each explain their Stone Map theories and watch some new guys head implode......

Brad,
The replicas are a great idea. I mentioned to Randy about finding away to do so for the Stone Map group so they can grind their theories. You beat me to it and I am thankful.

I will sell treasure maps and cigarettes at the Zentull cantina.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Cantina Envy......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

No doubt you will also be tipping back a cold one with the ghost of Jacob Waltz. :)

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I have had this soft spot for it being old Tex.......

I am bringing an extra glass to be hospitable

Chances of it happening again are 1 in a million, but I will give it a shot.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

I Agree.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to fill the glass, and just leave it for the old fellow. 8)
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

And miss the good pleasure of my company?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Company????

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Me thinks you overestimate the aura of your charm. If he really wanted company, he would move over to the ranch house. 8O Just leave the drink on the bar and move along. :)
lazarus
Expert

Black Label Society

Post by lazarus »

Zentull,

Black Label Society? Didn't they cover 'Smokin' In The Boys Room?

Brad
TJHunter
Greenhorn

Post by TJHunter »

Post deleted by admin.

Content of post was forwarded to TJ Hunter to post in the LDM Boxing and Wrestling Forum if he chooses to do so.
lazarus
Expert

Stew and Stone Map Circus

Post by lazarus »

Zen
yo dude, did you read what I just read? Stew and Stone Map Circus are touring together, and they'll be stopping by DUTCH-FEST '07

I am soo there!

Laz
(Brad)
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
which reminds me...
are you planning to make shirts this year? If not, I'll take care of it.

Laz,
(Brad)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Stuff.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

I am not doing T-shirts or cups this year. I will not have anything to do with putting on this event, just attending, and will probably bring some extra food for friends or even folks who fancy themselves my enemy. :lol:

Those items were a nice addition the first two years and I hope someone continues the practice. Having the names on the front of the shirts, might be helpful for the newcomers I assume will be showing up.

Good luck,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Randy mentioned coffee cups, nice to have a memento if you want one.
think it would be up to whoever is interested coordinating that sort of thing along with Randy.

Don't remember what the 1st ones looked like. You got a picture Joe?

If anyone is interested this is the time to speak up. I am sure we can get it worked out. Difficult thing is leaving someone holding the bag if they order them.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Bag.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Having ended up holding that "bag" the first year, I was a bit more circumspect last year. Some folks from Nevada, not the only ones, cured me of over trusting real quick. I have some pictures somewhere and will send them to you.

I will be interested, so whoever does them should let me know.

Joe