Key to the LDM

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine

Who had the information which would lead you to the LDM?

Rhinehart Petrasch
31%
Julia Thomas
13%
Dick Holmes
6%
Adolph Ruth
38%
John Chunning
13%

Total votes: 16

zentull
Expert

Key to the LDM

Post by zentull »

Who of the early Dutch hunters had the information that would enable YOU to discover the LDM?

Utilizing the firsthand information given or acquired by any of these individuals with the current tools and information available, there lies the very real possibility that the LDM's location could be revealed quite easily.

Each of these individuals had information that they believed would lead them to the mine. In each case they failed to acquire what was probably within their means.

We obviously are playing a guessing game at what was not revealed or lost by each individual. Who had the keys to the mystery?
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

If only I knew/heard what Rhiney knew/heard...

I think he didn't take it sierous enough, and a lot went in one ear and out another...

Great topic!!! Should be a lot of fun.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Nice Question

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Zen,

Nice question.

I am going to surprise everyone here......Brownie Holmes. Can't say why, but I believe that to be the correct answer.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I throw my lot in with Rhiney purely because of the amount of time he spent with Waltz and the sketches.

I never believe for a minute that we know what all of the above were on to. Even Brownie had been handed tainted goods.

One thing for certain.......all of the above could tell you where it isn't located.
eldorado
Part Timer

Poll

Post by eldorado »

John Chunning, the most importent of all is Walt Gasser.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Quarter Mile?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

E,

What do you think "Walt Gasser" found, that was important? The LDM?

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Actually Walter Gassler was one of the choices originally, but it must only allow a certain number of choices. I believe Walter also belongs with the more modern Dutch hunters.

The choices were to be of those who had some sort of access to primary sources: Waltz, Peralta-Gonzalez and Deering.
eldorado
Part Timer

Poll

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Zentull

Apologize for including Mr. Gassler. You are right he is a contemporary.

Mr. Ribaudo

He didn`t have to find the LDM. His days in Tennessee were quite productive.

He also beached two LDM whales that were in need of beaching.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

LDM Whales?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. E.,

It would seem that you are correct, and that the Walt Gassler topic was the begining of the end for "something". :?

A good many topics are started on this Forum, with deliberate misinformation. It has been fun to participate in, but I don't ever expect anyone will hear a single clue that might lead to the LDM.

What I always do expect, is that stories floated on this site have a purpose. In some cases, I believe, they may be used to change the subject. In others, to float ideas for a new book. Getting folks to focus on an area that someone believes is unimportant (as it relates to the LDM) might also come into play.

The Walt Gassler topic might encompass all of the above.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Agendas

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. E.,

There are only so many people out there who know all the facts surrounding the folks you refer to as "whales".

Your familiarity with that history and the history of some of our posters, puts your identity in peril. The same can be said of krf and Mr. Spiney.

I believe you know the truth about how close Walt Gassler was to the LDM. It really is a sad tale, isn't it?

Joe Ribaudo
Saguaro
Greenhorn

Post by Saguaro »

CC
Last edited by Saguaro on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldorado
Part Timer

Mr. Gassler

Post by eldorado »

Mr. Ribaudo

I hate yes men, you are not one.

Mr. Ruth was tragic, Mr. Gassler was heroic.

It is not the whales that concern me.

Mr. Gassler beached them fair and square.

Mr. Gassler did not come to the Superstitions at the end to find the LDM. He came to celebrate the LDM.

That is the mystery.

My family has been in the gold business for over 200 years. We buy and we sell, and other things.

E.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Big Apple

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. E.,

Not sure why you are fooling around here, but no doubt you have your reasons.

The Harry LaFrance connection runs through New York, and I assume your family connections do as well. My interest lies in the Harry LaFrance story and has nothing to do with you or your family.

Anyone with a hunch and a smidgen of intelligence would have no trouble following both trails.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Re: Agendas

Post by djui5 »

the folks you refer to as "whales".
Joe Ribaudo

Interesting choice of words wasen't it? :) :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari