The Jim Bark notes

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

The Jim Bark notes

Post by zentull »

The most common uitilized version of the Bark notes are the Probert version which is was possibly the most accessible until Helen Corbin published excerpts of Al Resers version. From the various bits and pieces I have seen of versions of the notes it is curious to note Proberts editing of the source or copy he used. Regardless of any other source material such as Jim Barks 40 questions to Rhiney and possible maps, the choice of what to correct and or edit and some of the annotations are intriguing. Comparing Sim Elys book and the notes it seems odd and unusual that the Probert version would be allowed to exist in the first place.

What is more intriguing is that both Petrasches relate the same identical stories that at times contradict bits and pieces of the notes. I am sure that those stories were changed and/or eliminated for reasons at times unknown. I think many people would be a bit surprised at what is written and what was said by the Petrasches and how it contradicts their published story and the stories of others.

I am sure there is a "bright one" or two that have worked this out further than I have, but either I have not the material or the cranial capacity to draw it out further than I have already.
dutchman49
Greenhorn

Post by dutchman49 »

I HAVE SEEN THE BARK NOTES IN THE PHOENIX LIBRARY.ANY CHANCE OF GETING A COPY FROM SOMEONE ON THE FOURM. A GOOD COPY . EMAIL IF POSSIBLE DUTCHMAN49