The strip at Ft. Mcdowell

This forum is designed to be a place of learning, discussion, opinions, positive attitudes, and a general gathering of people with the same interests to post as they please.

Moderator: Jesse J. Feldman

djui5
Expert

The strip at Ft. Mcdowell

Post by djui5 »

Does anyone know where the strip was that the indians lived on next to the Verde river? Is it where the farm fields are now? I'm trying to figure out something associated with the Doc :)

BTW, I'm looking for something a bit specific.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
LDM
Part Timer

The strip.

Post by LDM »

LDM
Last edited by LDM on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

"SURVIVING CONQUEST"

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

I have no doubt that Matthew is the best person to answer your questions, especially if you were more "specific", but if you are looking for an extensive history of the Yavapai, you should try reading "SURVIVING CONQUEST": A History of the Yavapai Peoples by, Timothy Braatz.

While Professor Braatz is a fan of Ward Churchill, his book, IMHO, does not suffer greatly from that association. His historical facts and locations seem to flow off the pages in an even handed manner.

Professor Braatz is an assistant professor of history at Saddleback College and might be able to answer any questions concerning the history of the Yavapais.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Thank you Matthew and Joe very much for your info. You've been a great help :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari