Jenkins' lost load

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
sluicebox
Part Timer

Post by sluicebox »

I've been out of town for awhile, and am just catching up on recent posts to the forum. I was interested in checking out the offering on ebay, but couldn't find it using their search tools and typing in Jenkins, Lost Dutchman, or Superstition Mountains. I've never used ebay to purchase anything. Can someone clue me in as to how to find the offering ? Perhaps it is already sold?

Thanks, Sluicebox
TC1228
Greenhorn

Post by TC1228 »

Jesse

Yes I have seen that website. I have been watching it for quite a while now it's great!

Sluicbox

There are still 5 days left in that auction, See if this link works for you
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

tc
TC1228
Greenhorn

Post by TC1228 »

AFTER THOUGHT!

That was sure STUPID of me (giving the link)

Now I may have another Bidder to bid against! Duhhhhhhhh
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Ya....Right.

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

A man would have to be an idiot not to see through this charade, but it seems to be working. :lol:

Having paid hundreds of dollars for signed first editions, and considering the two Dutch Hunters signing this one, I would think anything under $100 would be quite a bargin. You boys who are bidding may have to pony-up a little more cash than the current bid.

Just a guess.

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

Joe I,m sure glad that I have no role in this play. By the way the pig did NOT sqeall-snort-grunt-stamp his feet or click his teeth, that animal crooned like perry como. I never heard a pig make a sound like that. I would have crooned too if that pretty little girl made a fuss over me like she did over her pet pig.. Bill :lol:
TC1228
Greenhorn

Post by TC1228 »

Bill711

You're slipping bill, I read all the way through that last post of yours without even backing up to start over once! Did your wife Proof or Edit that one for you?

To ALL:
I was half joking SLUICBOX (half not) in that last post about being stupid for posting that link. I would really like to own that #1 Copy or at least a Single Digit Number Copy, and it didn't dawn on me how posting that link could effect how much more I might have to pay for it in the end until after I had already hit the SUBMIT button. .

REMEMBER, there are 50 signed and numbered copies guys, so if you're not really concerned about what number you get, don't go overboard bidding on the 3 up for auction now.
TC1228
Greenhorn

Post by TC1228 »

Aurum

I got your message, but I don't know how to respond to it in the same manner you sent it to me.

Thank You for the warm welcome. I'll spend some time learning the configurations and options of this website this afternoon and get back to you.

Terry
azdave35
Part Timer

taboo

Post by azdave35 »

tc1228:...there is no inner circle or taboo here...its just every one of us here have our own opinions about the lost dutchman mine...you cant just jump in here and expect to learn everything about the LDM the first day...first you have to pay your dues..like the rest of us have...most of us have put at least 20 yrs (including me) in searching for the LDM and other lost mines and treasures....you may not like joe but when it comes to experience in the superstitions...he ranks right up there at the top...so if its info your looking for...i wouldnt piss off the man that knows more than most of us in here ....just my opinion...take it for what its worth....good luck in your search
sluicebox
Part Timer

Post by sluicebox »

TC1228,

Not to worry, I'm not interested in signed or numbered copies.

Regards, Sluicebox
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

TERRY C--T? I wasn,t looking nor expecting any tiny little fraction of a bit of your approval of my writing someone a simple note! I also do not want to AID you in your HAWKING of someones BOOK or reading material for SALE... SO What to do? Leave Me Alone.. That simple... Thank You. YOU FISH. Bill :lol:
sluicebox
Part Timer

Post by sluicebox »

Joe,

I suspect that others can also see through the charade, but as Bill points out, they don't want a "role in this play." If a spade that you know or suspect is a spade wants to be called a club, why not just call it a club? The facts are still the facts.

Speaking of "facts", I was a little dismayed to see the opening statements of the ebay pamplet claim that Storm misled people and didn't tell the "real" story. Storm seems to have omitted the story they are telling about Storm making a trip into the "real" canyon with Jenkins, Snell and Spichal (not sure if I spelled that one right, the print was small) I am wondering if their story will end in the dig below Hackberry Mesa? Consequently, I'm a little tied off to read the rest of the story, but not enough to pay extra for the first copy. I guess I've been around just long enough that I don't feel the need to rush off in a fit to get the new "secret" information. Think I'll wait this one out.

I also attended the speech that Clay Worst gave at the Museum yesterday. I spoke with him only beriefly after his talk, but he seems like a sincere and credible person to me. I guess that's the "trick in the trail" in this Dutch hunting game. While the information you are getting may be generally correct, it always leaves you wondering if the provider is not holding back that little bit of "secretive information." For example, I asked Mr. Worst if the information in the Holmes Manuscript was the same as the information that was related to him by his friend Brownie Holmes. His reply was "Yes, but that information is garbled." And then in a matter of fact voice declared that "Brownie didn't write that book." I interprete that to mean that the general story is true, but don't get to caught up in the details. In any event, I'll be happy to wait for the details that may or may not be provided by the new secret information on the Jenkins lost load without paying 50 to 100 bucks for it.

Regards, Sluicebox
Bandit
Part Timer

Post by Bandit »

Looks like alot of us attended the speech by Mr. Worst. I thought he came right to the point and cut out alot of the extras. His speech only covered Jacob Waltz, pointing out his experience from his friendship with B. Holmes and how it related to Dick.
I thought he was truthful, seems as though this time in his life he really doesn't have anything to hide.
Anyone for coffee?

Respectfully,
Bandit
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

Bandit; The 2 Holmes and Clay Worst? looked for gold all their lives and haven,t a claim to finding a SNIFF of GOLD. SO for my part they couldn,t know any more than the rest of us. Bill :lol:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Bidding On First Edition

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

For those of you who commented on this little game, it's nice to know someone understood.

Dave,

Thank you for the undeserved praise. There are a good many people on this site who have forgotten more then I know about the Superstitions. A small amount has rubbed off on me in the last 47 years, but at this time in my life, I think a great deal went through the washing machine. It's still there but darn hard to read. :lol:

Just to be clear here, I put in a bid after my last post on this subject. I collect first editions, signed if possible, and enjoy having that small piece of history at my fingertips.

I have nothing against Jim Hatt or Clay Worst. NOTHING! I did not like the way we were being played for fools. Those two men are a well known part of the history of the Superstition Mountains and deserve to have success with their booklet.

There is little reward for our years in the Superstitions, other than non-material treasures. Anyone who takes the time to put something in print, and has paid their dues in the mountains, deserves everything they can come by honestly.

Because of the way this was presented to the forum, I have doubts as to anyone, other than an insider, getting the first copy of that booklet, but I don't mind contributing to the cause.

My first inclination was not to bid. After a lot of consideration I have changed my mind. I won't use any of the (new) information in that book to find "Jenkins Lost Lode". I will read it and then put it in the bookshelf next to Bob Ward's book. :wink:

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

TO ALL; I want to make myself clear about Clay Worst. I think he is a kindly old man and reasonably honest. I hope he makes a nice amount from his book. BUT I did see Clay,Tom K. and Bob C. on the A&E channal. They were in a special about the Jake,s MINE. They were interveiwed and Clay said please do not ask me about where I think the mine is because I do not want to lie to you. I will not tell you where I think the mine is! NOW After hearing him say that I don,t think he,s going to tell anything really pertinant to any gold that he would keep for himself... Luck to all of you. ALSO It,s very poor tast to put something up for bid in an auction and then pull it from the auction after a bid is put in for it. PERIOD. bill 8)
Last edited by bill711 on Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Poor Taste

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

Poor taste. Those are the key words here for this entire act. Like you, I have been to a number of auctions, including farm auctions. If a reserve is set and met, it is sold.

This same seller put a book up for auction with a starting bid of one penny. There was one bid, for the penny, and the book was withdrawn. :roll:

Now this is the third time "Jenkins Lost Lode" has been put up for auction. According to the seller, it had to be closed early two times before any winning bid was accepted" because of the "stir" that was "created within the Lost Treasure/Lost Mine Dutch Hunting Community". Just who were the members of this "Community"?

Anyone want to fess-up, that they have been stirred-up a couple of times?

I trust I will receive some words of thanks, from those who are going to profit from this book, and that would include our wolf in sheep's clothing.
Fair thing here, would be for them to cut me in on a percentage of the profits. :lol:

Take care Bill,

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

Joe; Now it makes you wonder how many 1st editions no. 1 book,s there will be in the final count of the book,s. Like you I do not collect 1st book,s BUT that,s about the only value to this book that I can see; other than curiousity. I Always thought a seller should be responsible for his asking price. If something has real value then it doesn,t matter if it start,s at a penny or 50.00 dollars the real price will show in the end. The only stir about the book is this Terry C. coming on the forum and putting the loud mouth onyou, me and the Dr Glover. BUT there are horsebockies everywhere. take care Bill :lol: I wonder what the DED think,s about this cherade???
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

First Edition

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill,

I don't believe there will be more than one signed and numbered "first edition". Clay Worst and Jim Hatt would have to sign their names to such a fraud. There is no way that would happen.

Because the auction bidders are not identified, (they might know each other) who is bidding is kept in the dark. That leaves room at the end of the bid for an insider to bid one thousand dollars for the book and then get most of his money back from the seller. Since a massive "stir" has been created (twice) in the "Community", we can assume that many if not most of the Dutch Hunters are interested in the book. It is also probable that not all of the bids that have been submitted are from different bidders, so the "stir" has nothing to do with interest in buying the book.(Few bids)

eBay is aware that there could be some bids submitted, by someone, just to drive up the price of the books. That is against their rules.

I would guess, like most of the other members, DED is having a good laugh.

I doubt we will hear a lot from from T.C. The more he says, the easier it will be for others to identify his true identity. He is a very intelligent man, but has a very short fuse. :lol:

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

JOE I got to thinking, I felt a deep rumble and tremer the other day But I thought it was an earth quake that was reported to have happened in the Arkansas area. Maybe that was the stir that they were writing about. I made a wrong statement in my earlier post. One of the Holmes did sniff some GOLD out from the JAKES DEATH BED the nite that he passed away. I hope the DED is getting WELL is all. GOOD LUCK in obtaining the book. Bill :lol:
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

JOE I do not think tc is very smart? He did sign one of his post Terry C. . Bill 8)
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

thanks for your"enquiry" about my health bill , but as far as im aware theres nothing wrong with me physically )i know its a dngerous and fate tempting thing to say) mentally? thats a diff kettle of fish lol :lol: as for the book issue, sometimes these charades on here (of which theres been far too many of late) make me wonder wether i should laugh or cry. im through with reading the seemingly never ending procession of "new " books on this subject. if truth be told, if only the facts were written ,there would not be enough to fill a small pamphlet,even then one would need to add a sizeable amount of adverts (inlarge type) to fill it.ive spoken a fair amount of "drivel " myself on here(in most members opinions), but my "sins" are of little consequence when compared to the majority of dutchmanauthors thro the years. a charade is or can be fun, but the perpertrators, same as dutchman authors just never know when to stop!
i guess someone will purchase that "gem" on ebay, good luck to them,whether it costs them1 cent or $1,000,000 as the saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted". no disrespect to the authors, they have asbig a right to get their "noses in the trough" as the rest of us have.me? what am i reading? hans christian anderson of course, what else indeed?
yes , before someone gets hung up on this post,its writtenpartly tongue in cheek, but the saying "many a true word is spoken in jest" still holds true.
dutchman books? bah humbug!
take care :lol:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Just For The Record

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

T.C.,

Before maiking a statement like this:

"That seems like a "Foul" to me, so I complained to ebay and I was told that "Any Seller can close any auction at any time for any reason" so I don't think your understanding of ebay rules is quite up-to-date."

You might want to check the eBay rules. :lol:

[Ending Your Listing Early

Sometimes something goes wrong and you can't complete your listing as planned. If needed, you can choose to end your listing before the scheduled date. If there are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

Reasons for ending listings early include:
Note: Your account will still be charged listing fees (such as the Insertion Fee) if you end your listing early. Consider revising your listing first if there are aspects of it you want to change or improve.

The item is no longer available for sale.
There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.
There was an error in the listing.
The item was lost or broken.

Timing Matters
When there are 12 hours or fewer remaining and the item has a winning bid, including a reserve met bid, sellers may not make any changes to the listing, including:
ending the item early. Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item
adding to or changing the item description
converting the item to pre-approved bidder
Canceling bids or making changes to a listing with bids when there are 12 hours or fewer remaining damages the buyer experience and can undermine trust in the marketplace.
To end your listing early, follow these steps:

Type your item number into the End My Listing Early form. (You can get this number on your listing, on your confirmation email, or on your My eBay page.)
If there are bids on your item, choose between:
a. Cancel bids and end listing early
or
b. Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early
If your item has no bids, you'll skip this step.
Choose the reason you're ending your listing early.
Now your listing will end and will no longer be displayed on eBay. If there were bidders, they will be emailed that their bid was canceled and the listing ended early.
Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated. ]
The auction creating a "stir" is not included in the reasons for ending a listing early. :lol: :roll:
(All emphasis in bold by Joe)

Respectfully,

Joe
bill711
Expert

ortega murder

Post by bill711 »

DED I have been wondering if you were back in the hospital or sumpin! You haven,t made any sqeaks or sqealls ina while. I,m reading Sin Killer and the berrybenders By Larry McMurtry. He,s a humerous auther. He writes all kind of book,s and poetry. I do not read poetry tho. The berrybender,s is a 5 book afair. Like you I do not mind anyone trying to slop at the trough BUT I get pissed when they think they have to denigerate the rest of us to do so. We may be dumb BUT maybe we are not as dumb as they think! Wish you well Bill 8)
redison
Part Timer

Jenkins' Lost Load

Post by redison »

The 21st Century is off to a BANG! It began on the heels of the President of the United States being investigated for previous actions in his personal life and professional career. This century appears to be the Age of Enlightenment and Disclosure. All things indicate that this is holding true for lost-mine-hunting as well as politics. The lies, cover-ups, half-truths, and deliberate spread of disinformation are beginning to unravel and the finger of guilt points irrefutably in certain directions. For over 100 years certain individuals within the lost-mine community have been giving lectures, publishing books and selling to the public, anything and everything they have found within the power of their imagination to fabricate and mold into a marketable product.

I just purchased this book at the old Goldfield Ghosttown today. I have read a number of books on the subject of lost mines in the superstitions that were much more lenghty, and didn't contain 1/10th the information. It's about time the public got the straight story on something! I'll be looking foreward to future releases from this author!
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

And The Bookk Is.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Redison,

Welcome to the site.

Would you care to mention the name of the book and it's author? I think I already know, but perhaps I am wrong. :lol:

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo