Milton Rose

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
rochha
Part Timer

Milton Rose

Post by rochha »

Hello everybody,

Who is this guy? Anyone have any information on him?

Thanks

Rochha
azdave35
Part Timer

milton rose

Post by azdave35 »

milton rose wrote alot of treasure stories and lost mine stories...most of them were b/s.....his family owned the mesa tribune at one time...he was a figure in the lost dutchman mine ...there should be plenty about him on the internet if you do a search
rochha
Part Timer

Milton Rose

Post by rochha »

azdave35,

Thanks for the response, I came across this guy's name in an article doing some research, it said that he had found the Pure Conception Mine across the border in Mexico and remembered I had seen his name here before in this forum.

Was wonering what ever became of him.......

Rochha
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Rocha,

There's a manuscript written by Milt called "Rainbow's End". I believe it's available from the SMHS. I have it around here somewhere, but I'll be hanged if I can find it. If I recollect properly, Milt says he found the LDM in the Four Peaks region....worked out, of course.

Some of his maps included, however, are interesting.

P
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

Peter,

Thanks for the info, where is the smsh located at?

Of course.........

Rochha
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Rochha,

http://www.superstitionmountainmuseum.o ... istory.htm

(480) 983-4888

They have a TON of old manuscript reprints, etc. that are both fascinating and cheap. If you order the Rose manuscript, have them send you a list of books.
azdave35
Part Timer

milton rose

Post by azdave35 »

no problem...but i wouldnt go chasing any of milton rose's stories...lol...did that myself when i first started out.....then i found out most of his stuff was b/s...interesting reading tho....he also wrote about finding some spanish mines in the estrella mountains south of phoenix
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

azdave35

I had no intentions of chasing after any of his stories, I was just wondering how credible his claim was of finding the pure conception mine across the mexican border. I dont believe the pure conception mine is across the border, I feel it is here in az.

Thanks for the warning tho........

Rochha
azdave35
Part Timer

milton rose

Post by azdave35 »

i first heard of milton rose 25 years ago when i read an old story he wrote in one of the western magazines...it was called I FOUND A LOST MINE...he told all about how he found the pure conceptcion mine and the lost mines of the estrellas,,,also he claimed to have found the tayope (spelling?)..and some other mines on the papago reservation that an indian showed him..i later met an old gent that knew milton very well....he told me all about milton rose....lol....i think i still have the old magazine around here somewhere...if you would like a copy of the story i'll see if i can find it and send it to you
rochha
Part Timer

Post by rochha »

azdave35

Why yes I would like a copy of that if it is possible, is it the same article that shows some of the bars that he found? I also heard that he supposedly had some of these bars on display in some museum in michigan I think, it has been awhile since I read the article. Let me know when you find the article and I will send you my address.

Again thanks,

Rochha
azdave35
Part Timer

milton rose

Post by azdave35 »

ok....will do