60%
false
40%

Total votes: 5

Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Poll Question #1

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

The LDM is located high up and on the East side of a steep ravine.

I voted on this question. One poll question per member, unless we don't get enough participation on the questions. If each member only votes once, it will be an interesting set of poll questions. You will each be able to see how your own conclusions fit into the mainstream thoughts. I don't believe anyone will change their minds, but it might generate some new thinking. Negative input on a clue is just as important as positive.
Joe
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
nicoh
Greenhorn

Post by nicoh »

Hi Joe.
I like the idea of the poll. But ya might wanna back up a little bit--there's actually TWO clues there in the first poll question. E.g. while I believe the LDM is high up, I don't necessarily believe it's on any "East side of a ravine." Therefore, I could not give my response.
I think separating these would lead to more responses, and certainly more accuracy in finding out who believes what.
I'm not saying this to be a stick in the mud; I just wanted to call attention to it before there were more than just the 3 voters thus far, in case the poll question is recalled, hehe.
Good night
n
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

I voted NO. High up..probably..east side of ravine probably not.
S.C.
Part Timer

Post by S.C. »

I also voted "no"/"false". I belive it is up high. But not on the east side. I assumed the gist of the question was being on the east side. And I do not think that is the case.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The East Side

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

OK,
I didn't consider that it would need to be two questions. Since it is a problem, I changed the poll to only run one day. Good point. Only need to ask two questions instead. This is a perfect example of why the poll would be of interest. I thought the mine being on the East side of the ravine was fairly well accepted. Actually my own map has the LDM located on the West side of the ravine. I still believed it would end up on the East side. My reasoning was that the perps that drew the map, could place the X on the North/South running line because of where they drew it from, but could not position it accurately on the East/West line. I still did not dismiss the West side location, just going to look on the East side first.
We are going to check out the ravine from the air first.
Joe
Ron
Part Timer

[poll]

Post by Ron »

Don't forget the set of clues that say directly across from the face , high up in a narrow ravine, lies the entrance to my mine..............., I don't think there was mention of east or west side , in connectiion to that clue, but I'll say as you know, I vote for the east side not of a ravine , but of the range.