Perfil Mapa Interpretation

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Peter
Expert

Perfil Mapa Interpretation

Post by Peter »

A good friend of mine stumbled across the below link on the web. Yet another interpretation of the Perfil Mapa. Fellow seemed to have gone to a lot of trouble posting this. You be the judge.

http://www.lost-dutchman.com/dutchman/peralta.htm
nicoh
Greenhorn

Post by nicoh »

Wow. Thanks Peter. That is a GREAT analysis by your friend.
Something that had always bugged me when looking at the Perfil map is that it looked roughly like the area Northeast of Cave Creek: Pinnacle Peak, and the "ESCARDADIA" looked like it could have been the balancing rock near the Sears Kay Ruin. Of course, the distances between these landmarks, and others featured, looked like the drawer made them out of proportion, but it's hard to judge depth in just about any hand drawn map.
But after seeing how the features in the maps line up near Blacktop, it seems that the real geography is right on with that in the Perfil.
Once more into the breach...
nick
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Hi Nick

Just to clarify...a friend send me the web site link..but my friend is NOT the fellow who built the Perfil Mapa Web Page. Seems that Richard Robinson is the person whose theory is expounded on the website. As I said, you be the judge.

Those who know my theories about the LDM (and their number is very few) know I would not spend 10 seconds in serious study on the Perfil Mapa.

However, I know lots of folks just love that map..so enjoy.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Tontos (Fools)

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,
E. to W. Fools, is the correct reading of E. to W. Tontos. I am sure you already knew that, but no one has mentioned it yet. Interesting site. Mr. Robinson has some novel ideas. Like most of us, he denigrates the clues which don't fit his conclusions. Must be careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water. Your ten seconds was well spent. Since you have spent so much quality time on that map, I will send you a picture of slight interest. I agree with your opinion of the map.
Joe

Oops, no e-mail address. If you are interested in receiving a slightly interesting picture, send me a private message or e-mail.