directions to the ldm?

TRANFER OF ALL POSTS IS COMPLETE
Archived postings from the old forum. Do not post new replies here.

"count" is listed as the author for all posts because the names of the original authors could not be transferred.
count
Expert

directions to the ldm?

Post by count »

first of all id like to say ive never been to the superstitions.living as i do in the uk.i would just like to ask that if the directions on ruths map were followed where would it take you to? i.e and finally to tributuary caNYON very deep and rocky and densely wooded etc.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Hello Royston, <br> <br>I have almost a dozen clients in the UK...what part are you from? <br> <br>As to the Ruth Map(s). Adolph may have had between 1-4 maps with him in his search. Those maps may have applied to Arizona...or perhaps California. The more I have looked into the Ruth affair, the more I beleive both Adolph and Erwin werent the brightest bulbs in the lantern..if you know what I mean. <br> <br>If you mean the famous Perfil Mapa, it lead him nowhere. There doesnt seem to be a place in the mountains matching that map exactly...though many many authors state that the map does apply to the Superstitions, but the topography has changed because of earthquake, flood, etc.... I find that theory dubious at best. For myself, I do not beleive that particular map has anything to do with Arizona. <br> <br>As for the canyon you spoke of. There are MANY that fit that description, so you can pretty much take your pick. <br> <br>Cheers <br> <br>Peter
count
Expert

Post by count »

Are you referring to the written directions Ruth had in his notebook, that were copied from the P. C. Bicknell article of 1895 (over a lofty ridge, monumented trail, etc etc)? Brother, you could make those directions fit a lot of places in the Superstitions. There are a thousand deep, rocky tributaries, many of them densely wooded, and ALL of them have mysterious monuments and signs in them. <br>As everyone knows who has gone and looked. My common reaction each time I find the "right" canyon (and I suspect it is shared by many) is "OK, Im here, now where in hell is the bloody mine?". <br> <br>But to answer your actual question, if you followed the directions, why, they would take you right to the Lost Dutchman! (a little humor)