Gold Field Halos

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Bandit
Part Timer

Gold Field Halos

Post by Bandit »

Happy New Year Everyone,

Thought I would throw this out as a subject to everyone.
In one of my pictures I picked up Gold Halos that appear in the shadows. Has anyone ever seen this before? I have done some basic research on Gold Field Halos and know that they occur. As far as understanding what happens scientifically, I don't.
Does anyone have any input?

Respectfully,
JW
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

Re: Gold Field Halos

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

Good morning Bandit, I am happy to see your post about halos. Some people believe that cameras both over the counter and modified can take pictures of the halos, or auras, indicating soil rich in mineralzation. I do know that prospectors look for certain plants growing that indicates the presence of gold and they also look for black sand to indicate the possibilty of gold so I don't think that it impossible that certain minerals emit an aura.

I would hope that some of the more knowledgeable members of this site might update or post comments about this.

jim hamrick
Bandit
Part Timer

Re: Gold Field Halos

Post by Bandit »

Jim,

Thank you for your resonse. The area I took the picture shows mining activity, how long ago I would say ages. Squared off ledges, rectangular tapered pits and Spanish symbols.
I was aware of plant and black sand qualities. The only information I had was what I investigated and found on Google.
Thank you for your input.

Respectfully,
JW