Newby Question

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
mailbagman

Newby Question

Post by mailbagman »

I have followed the LDM story for over 35 years since reading a book by Curt Gentry in high school. I have even driven near the Superstition Mtns one time while driving through AZ. I have a few questions that someone may have the answer too.

If someone had found the LDM why hasn't any of the gold shown up somewhere when it is turned for for cash?

With all the people searching for this mine and if someone has found it and is working it, why haven't anyone noticed an area being mined? or worked? You just don't run out to the mountains, dig up an area, cover it back up, cash in the ore you dug up and then return in a few months to do it again?

thanks
mailbagman
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: Newby Question

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

MBM,

It's more than possible that the LDM has been found and worked out......years ago.

If it was found after it became illegal to work the Superstitions, you could safely assume that the ore would be removed and sold as coming from another mine. I doubt it would be all that difficult if the person had the right contacts.

There have been many gold mines found in Arizona that looked like the richest mine......ever, at least on the surface. The ore pinches out quickly, and you are left with....just another hole in the ground.

The Bully Bueno Mine, up in the Bradshaws, was such a mine.

Welcome to the LDM Forum.

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Re: Newby Question

Post by djui5 »

mailbagman wrote: If someone had found the LDM why hasn't any of the gold shown up somewhere when it is turned for for cash?
Because if they did clean it out the ore was probably melted down and the gold was taken out, or it was crushed and the gold was taken out. I'm sure IF someone found it and worked it out they would have kept a few pieces for memory sakes. IF that happened, we might never know.
With all the people searching for this mine and if someone has found it and is working it, why haven't anyone noticed an area being mined?thanks
mailbagman
Depending on where the mine was, it could be very easy to work a mine without being spotted. You just gotta be crafty. 8O
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari