Who made this quote?

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
zentull
Expert

Who made this quote?

Post by zentull »

Pulled from a recent interview. Anyone want to take a stab at who the interviewee was?

Q: Whoever comes next can't be worse than Bush.

A: "You want to bet? World War I Germany thought that and it ended up in World War II with Hitler."

"Can we trust any of them ultimately? No, we cannot. Should we have some control over them? Yes, we should. They have no right to run away with our lives, none. We put them there to hold a job responsibly and look after us. They're not doing that."
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Ron Paul?
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Sex Pistols

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

These days, there is little that can't be found with almost any search engine.

John Lydon was the one answering the questions. Someone from "Spinner" was doing the asking. Don't know how many Dutch Hunters read Spinner, but you would think Randy would be one.....considering his occupation.

See you soon,

Joe
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

I'm trying to get as far away from a hell hole called the music business as I can Joe, but like the Superstitions, it has a way of drawing you in no matter how far away you try to go...
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Love/Hate

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sorry Randy.....

I had read a number of your posts on another, music related, site and had no idea you were having a love/hate relationship with your chosen profession.

I worked in the construction field for many years and, pretty much, always hated it. Too many druggies and assholes. My tolerance for both has really worn thin as I have aged.

I hope you will find something that will give you the satisfaction that we have found working with the elderly. Both ends of the age spectrum are the best places to find happines in the work place.

While many jobs can be fun and financially rewarding, they are often less than fulfilling. Taking someone in the twilight of life, who is trapped in an easy chair or room, and giving them the freedom to move around inside or out without someone helping them, is as worthwhile as it gets.

See you at the Rendezvous.

Good luck,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

Truth

Post by lazarus »

Support your president...

kill a child for peace.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... id=3719463
lazarus
Expert

Joe's War

Post by lazarus »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/13/ ... index.html

But Joe is right, and the Pope is wrong...

B
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

War Is Hell.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

Many people believe war is hell, without ever seeing the reality of fighting one. I seldom look at the sites you provide anymore, because they never deal with the reality of the war this country is dealing with. I did, however take a look at this one.

The reality of the incident is that the terrorist were in a firefight with our troops. They fled to another location, which contained innocent people, including children to use them as a shield. They continued the fight from that position.

Each and every day the terrorist TARGET innocent men, women and children......just as they did on 9/11. We do not hide behind the innocent and continue to engage the enemy. We do not specificallly TARGET the innocent....anymore.

Our leaders learned many years ago, that we could not isolate ourselves from the rest of the world and it's wars. We couldn't fight every righteous fight. We had to try and only get involved in wars that had a direct effect on American citizens and our economy.

There was a Budest temple on a hill above our camp. The enemy, on a regular basis, took over that temple and used the position to attack our camp. We could have just destroyed the temple and moved their attack base much farther from our perimiter. I assume it still sits on that hill.

Because of these isolated and unintentional events in Iraq, you and other hate/blame America first terrorist sympathizers want to lump the American leadership and our soldiers into the same catagory as......the terrorist.

You mantain a terrorist blog. It is only a matter of time before you take your information directly from them. It's possible you already have, as I don't look in on it any more. I have no idea what would prevent you from doing that very thing.......nothing, it would seem.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Cool quote from Mr Rotten himself........So how about guessing the author of these lyrics and try not to cheat. He is 1/3 Irish, 1/3 Chinese and 1/3 Canadien.

Song I Wrote In Prison

I hear the train a-comin'
It's rolling 'round the bend
I hope it's full of women cause,
I'm tired of fu**ing men.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Too Easy.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Tommy Chong.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Okay, so what is the oldest attraction at Disneyland?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Quiz.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

No.......you next.

What was the biggest yearly expense for the missions?
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Uhh....lost me there Joe. But here are 2 more wonderful quotes not by Ron Paul. I wish they would fix that "E".

"The most difficult thing was losing our Jewish accents"

"So I told Jimi(Hendrix)two things I never leave home without are a pocket knife and a hankerchief"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Off Track.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Sorry Wayne, just trying to get back to a relative era. :lol:

Not sure there was an "oldest attraction" for Disneyland, so the first thing that comes to mind......would be Mickey Mouse.

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Damn Joe, I thought that was the oldest joke trivia around. It is the petrified tree in New Orleans square, something like 75 million years old. Guess it was too big for the Disney house and they had it installed at the park.

There is always some guy who cracks that question when I am at Disneyland.

It is the second most annoying trivia question I always hear. The other being "Who was the Narrator for the Grinch before Christmas?" which was Boris Karloff, but it was Thurl Ravenscroft a la "Tony the Tiger" who did the singing bits.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Older Than Dirt????

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

Are you saying that the tree rock is older than dirt? :lol:

The accent thing sounds like something Jackie Mason would say, but you are leaving me in the dust here.

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Cheech Marin..........after saying this Tommy Chong starts laughing and Marin says "Sure we can laugh about it now"

I doubt the dirt is that old, it is replaced by new dirt because my children bring it back to the room with them every night.

The other was Ted Nugent who was questioned by Hendrix why he carried a knife.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Why?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

"The other was Ted Nugent who was questioned by Hendrix why he carried a knife."

And do you know why he carries a knife?
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

To clean his fingernails and hunt bear of course.
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

I thought for certain you were going to say.......
so he could Kill it and Grille it.
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

guess who said "hurrah lads weve got them now"...........answer down the page

general custer just before he attacked the indian village at little big horn :lol:
Don update your email address
lazarus
Expert

Joe's War

Post by lazarus »

don,

sadly, that is precisely how arrogant warmongers think.

George W. Bush even dared the enemy to "bring it on", which has led to the deaths of four thousand Americans...

more than the number killed on 9/11.

So much for defending freedom, justice, and the American way.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... t1019.html

BTC
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

lazarus,
Inever did like bush and his cronies and still dont....and i liked the "cowboy talk" even less.The fact that an american president could use expressions more suited to a teenage "tough guy" i thought was appalling and childish.The "deck of cards" b.s was another example. I dont want war,dont want killing either by us or by them,but if we got to have it ,then i want us to win...if i was an iraqui or afghan or iranian then id be on the other side obviously....if there was peaceful solution id be all for it,but neither of the leaders will let themselves "lose face" by searching for that kind of solution. so, with ,i admit reservations ,i support the americans and british war in iraq and afghanistan.i cant see there is a viable option. it differs from vietnam war,that was just a complete fraud,the war was never about communism as we were told..it was about independence,vietnam was never chinas puppet and was never going to be. There have been lies told about this iraq business for sure,both before it started and since,but i think theres a wider issue which is too terrible to think about....an iraq wuith nuclear weapons,which they would have got at some time......syria and iran the same and christ knows who else.
kind regards
Don update your email address
lazarus
Expert

Don

Post by lazarus »

Don,

unfortunately, Bush believes he is above the law. We have now learned that Bush was once again lying when he looked us in the eye and told us none of his staff was involved in the outing of Valerie Plame.

Republicans attempted to cover their tracks by claiming Plame wasn't covert, which turned out to be yet another lie. She was indeed, covert, which makes George W. Bush and several members of his staff guilty of treason. They all should hang.

Only an absolute fool would defend or support the transgressions of the current administration, but of course, I'll receive flack from some unethical jackass for saying so. The truth will indeed, be their longest shadow.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Politics

Post by lazarus »

For anyone who may be interested in how others outside this forum view my writing, presidential hopeful Bill Richardson has run a four paragraph quote
from one of my blogs on his campaign website. In all, he quotes me on five separate occasions.

I have included a link to one of the pages that include the quote:

http://action.richardsonforpresident.co ... arters/BVf

I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as I did.

"Lefty Nutbag"
B. Thomas Cooper