Say it ain't so, Joe.

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

Say it ain't so, Joe

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

Let me say that I am not now, nor ever have been a supporter of the current President Bush. I did not vote for him and I think that future historians will severly criticized his his presidency.

We have three past presidents still alive and each of these presidents had armed conflict during their administrations. If lying to the american public, misinterpeting data, looking at data that backs up their positions then we must try all four of these men. We cannot exempt the House of Representatives and the U.S Senate from also being tried. We should also include President Roosevelt as he has been charged by some writers as knowing that Pearl Harbor was to be attacked and did nothing about it as he wanted the US in WW II. Doesn't that sound like what was being said of President Bush after 9-11?

To all of you who say that, "Bush is not my President," you are wrong, you might not wish him to be but he is the President. President Bush has only six months, more or less, to be president and then the country has the duty and the right to vote for another person that is more to their liking to be president. I do hope that all of you opt to exercise this duty.

jim hamrick
lazarus
Expert

Jim

Post by lazarus »

Wrong,

George Bush is not my Commander in Chief. I do not answer to his bidding.
He is a monster and a murderer.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that is all it is... your opinion. Bush is a warmonger and a war criminal, and he is a disgrace to the country.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Good Post.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

It's good to see a sane post........for a change.

I hope all is well with you and your family. Hoping you will make this years Rendezvous again.

You have to realize, you are trying to reason with people who have called the troops in Iraq "warmongers", which in their eye's puts them in the same category as President Bush.

"Bush is a warmonger and a war criminal, and he is a disgrace to the country."

That would, of course, include Pfc. Ross McGinnis, who was awarded the Medal Of Honor today.

"In December 2006, Army Pfc. Ross McGinnis unit was patrolling Baghdad when an insurgent lobbed a grenade into his Humvee. Shouting a warning to four others inside, McGinnis jumped down onto the grenade and took the full force of the blast, which killed him instantly.
McGinnis was 19 and from Pennsylvania."

I finally realized that there are some folks out there who don't really deserve an answer, or possibly wouldn't be able to understand what they are reading, due to chemically altered brain cells.

I can't imagine this site lasting much longer, so that will save us from feeling obliged to defend our troops from this traitorous slander.

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Right...

if this were Germany, 1942, you two would be telling us we have an obligation to support Hitler.

Sorry, you two...
I won't sell my soul for your lies.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

More War Crimes

Post by lazarus »

Yesterday it was announced that international investigators have identified an additional twenty cases of rendition, ( a war crime) all committed by the Bush administration following George Bush's promise to the world in 2006 that the US would not commit further acts of the crime.

This time, the Bush administration attempted to hide the captives on prison ships, adrift in international water... a crime usually associated with pirates.

Yes, George W. Bush is a warmonger. He has committed crimes against humanity. For any of you to defend George W. Bush is filthy disgusting.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Bush Lied

Post by lazarus »

(CBS/ AP) Two reports issued by the Senate Intelligence Committee Thursday leveled harsh criticism at both the White House and Pentagon for their handling of intelligence concerning Iraq and Iran.

One report examined statements by top Bush administration officials between October 2002 and March 2003, when the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq began, about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's regime. These officials, from President Bush on down, deliberately misled the American public about Saddam's relationship with al Qaeda and "led the nation to war on false premises," according to Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va.

According to the report, officials erroneously linked Saddam to the Sept. 11 attacks and al Qaeda; claimed Iraq would give terrorist groups chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, and said Iraq was developing drones to spread chemical or biological agents over the United States.

None was borne out by intelligence.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

june 6 1944

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

Just a reminder, June 6 is "D Day".

Some will say that FDR was a war monger. Others will say that he was responsible for saving europe from the German menace. No matter what each of you think it would be impossible to not recognize FDR as being the most notable president of the 20 century.

The cost to America in both casualties and treasure was tremendous but the increase to the size of the US was nil.

We should take a minuet to remember this day.

Freedom for all.

jim hamrick
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Newbies.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

Thanks for the reminder.

Those young men who hit the beaches on D-Day, if still alive, are now the old timers. They have lived many lifetimes and have a vast wealth of knowledge they are almost always willing to share.

The Dutch Hunting Community also has a lot of old timers who have outlived a number of their friends. Many are willing to share their knowledge with the younger crowd that keeps coming along. They are often spit on for trying impart their hard won knowledge. These youngsters are often brash and rude, believing they know more than any old guy. Each and every one of them has figured out where the LDM is, and how to read the Stone Maps.

Like you, after many decades of nosing around the Southwest, I find few new claims to be new at all. People come along, who don't really know any better, find an old prospect hole and start finding clues and landmarks that convince them it's the LDM. Usually it turns out to be an old dig from the early 1900s that was barren then, and is just as worthless now.

Lot's of stuff like that up around the old Arizona Barite Mine. Someone finds an old hole in the ground up on Coon Bluff almost every year, and before long they are telling the world they have found the LDM. One of the reasons that area gets so much traffic, is because it's so easy to get to. Bottle of water and a bag of peanuts........and you're there. :lol:

If they cared to listen, any number of old timers could tell them not to waste their time.

You deserve much more respect than you will ever see on this particular forum.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

The Truth

Post by lazarus »

SAN DIEGO - A Marine sniper has been charged with two counts of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting deaths of two civilians in Iraq.

Sgt. John Winnick II also has been charged with aggravated assault against two other civilians and failing to adhere to the military's rules of engagement.

Winnick's attorney, Gary Myers, said a hearing will be held to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to court-martial the Marine.
lazarus
Expert

The Truth

Post by lazarus »

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The Pentagon urged interrogators at Guantanamo Bay to destroy handwritten notes in case they were called to testify about potentially harsh treatment of detainees, a military defense lawyer said Sunday.

The lawyer for Toronto-born Omar Khadr, Lt. Cmdr. William Kuebler, said the instructions were included in an operations manual shown to him by prosecutors and suggest the United States deliberately thwarted evidence that could help terror suspects defend themselves at trial.

How very un-American
lazarus
Expert

The Truth

Post by lazarus »

President Met Disgraced Lobbyist At Least Six Times
The White House Had Previously Acknowledged Only Two Meetings

The White House had stronger ties to disgraced superlobbyist Jack Abramoff than it has publicly admitted, according to a draft congressional report released Monday.

President Bush met Abramoff on at least four occasions the White House has yet to acknowledge, according to the draft report by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. And White House officials appeared as comfortable going to Abramoff and his lobbyists seeking tickets to sporting and entertainment events, as they did seeking input on personnel picks for plum jobs, the report found.
lazarus
Expert

Torture and war crimes

Post by lazarus »

Dozens and perhaps hundreds of terrorism suspects held in US detention centers around the globe have been wrongfully imprisoned, an investigation revealed on Sunday. The finding is the latest in a series of allegations and setbacks in US efforts to prosecute such suspects. Analysts say that some of these setbacks may force Washington to fundamentally change the way it approaches the detention of "enemy combatants."

McClatchy newspapers' eight-month investigation of US detention practices in 11 countries found that many of the wrongfully detained have also been abused. McClatchy interviewed 66 released detainees and spoke with former prison guards as well as several current and former US military legal advisers.

While international attention has focused on abuses in the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and the US naval base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, "sadistic violence" first appeared in US detention facilities in Afghanistan.

Guards said they routinely beat their prisoners to retaliate for al-Qaida's 9/11 attacks, unaware that the vast majority of the detainees had little or no connection to al-Qaida.

Former detainees at Bagram [a US detention base north of Kabul] and Kandahar said they were beaten regularly.
lazarus
Expert

Say it Ain't So... Warmonger

Post by lazarus »

Top senators are demanding at a Tuesday hearing to know who approved harsh interrogations of prisoners held by the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sen. Carl Levin says officials damaged intelligence gathering by approving harsh interrogation techniques.

"How did it come about that American military personnel stripped detainees naked, put them in stress positions, used dogs to scare them, put leashes around their necks to humiliate them, hooded them, deprived them of sleep and blasted music at them?" Sen. Carl Levin, D-Michigan, asked in his opening statement at the hearing of the Senate Committee on Armed Services.

“Senior officials in the United States government sought information on aggressive techniques, twisted the law to create the appearance of their legality and authorized their use against detainees," said Levin, the committee chairman. "In the process, they damaged our ability to collect intelligence that could save lives."

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a military lawyer by training, said in his opening statement that "bizarre" legal reasoning was used to justify the harsh techniques. The South Carolina lawmaker predicted the opinions supporting the techniques would go down in history "as some of the most irresponsible, shortsighted legal advice" ever offered.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

i was listening to national peoples radio today...some captain from ft. somewhere called in and commented on torture in today's military.
" we are an orthodox military fighting an un-orthodox enemy... we are changing the rules in mid-conflict......one has to think on how these people(the enemy), are going to treat our POW's...there are two MIA in iraq that one can only wonder how the enemy is going to treat them now that the U.S. military tortures it's prisoners..."

a rather bold move for an officer to speak out...i wish i remembered his name...i was in traffic so only listening with one ear...guess i could go to npr and see the transcript from Diane reams...

it has been clear to any intelligent person that the war in iraq is/ was a mistake...for national security?... send the most highly advanced military on earth into the graveyard of armies...abandon all legal foundations of national and international law...

i have not met one person who believes the U.S. should roll over for the enemy...nor have i met one intelligent and informed person who believes torture is acceptable.

Nuremberg, not Geneva set the standard for humane behavior
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Torture.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

"there are two MIA in iraq that one can only wonder how the enemy is going to treat them now that the U.S. military tortures it's prisoners..."

I think you may be right here. They may just decide to saw their heads off with a dull blade, in retaliation for us making some of their people wear women's panties on their heads.......It doesn't take much to piss those guys off.

I wonder what I would approve of if someone took my family and buried them alive somewhere, and then refused to talk. I suppose that's a bit different than trying to stop another mass murder in some far away place like Iraq or New York.

I am sure someone with your principled and moral background would work very hard trying to convince the nut-job who buried your own family that he should just do the right thing. As the minutes ticked away on the oxygen that your family was breathing.......you would just use more convincing words of persuasion.

The minutes are ticking away on the non-Islamic world. Obama will change all of that.

It takes a bit of time to throw off the yoke of slavery in a place like Iraq. All of their George Washington's and Thomas Jefferson's were killed by Sadam and his two little boys. How you must long for the days when they were still killing children in front of their parents, before murdering them as well.

Take heart.......As soon as Obama is elected, we will withdraw our troops from that hell hole and things can go back to normal over there. The terrorists will quit killing us, and that's all that's important. I'm sure you are right here and, after all, what do we have to lose by giving your high-road philosophy a chance?

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

lol...you forgot the bell helo's Reagan sent to Saddam..with the chemical supplies necessary to spray the Kurds and Iranians...
not really suprising from someone who only believes what they think...
a perfect example of selective reasoning...
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What About The Blankets....?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

What about the story of Smallpox infected blankets/ You should really add that to your repertoire. Doesn't really make any difference if it's true or not.......does it? Anything that puts your country in a bad light is right up your alley.

Don't believe for a second that I am unaware of the crap that has been done in the past by this country. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who do nothing.......something folks like you advocate on a regular basis. We do what we can, when we can. It's not always nice and neat, but this country does way more good than bad. Your posts never recognize the good that we do and that says a lot about your own character.

Did we screw up, you bet your ass we did. War is normally an on going screw up. The best that you can hope for is that it turns out right in the end.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

oh joe...go read some history...there were people like me around during the Indian wars who hailed the behavior of the U.S. as faulted...and it was....even the government believed so at the time...most of the atrocities committed during the Indian wars were never condoned behaviors for the military...the blankets were passed out but capitialist Indian agents who also stole the food delivered for the natives, selling the stolen goods on the open market...you also forgot Kearney's order allowing for a bounty on Navajo scalps...too bad every midnight black-haired person in the Territory's paid the price...guess why the Apache revolted...duh.

interesting how you continue to spin and condemn...yet still have not posted one fact to back up the continued nonsense that now composes the republican party...carl rove taught you well.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Spin.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here we were talking about the present, and you took the conversation to Ronald Regan. I was just trying to follow your own spin.

I know history from both sides. Difference is, I don't accept either side as the only truth. You, on the other hand, will always accept anything that makes your own country look bad.

Must be something they feed you with that high priced education. The common folk just don't seem to be afflicted with that malady as much....
other than the potheads. :roll:

Anyway, you just keep up trying to get your point of view across to me.
It keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

again you twist an innocent comment to meet the twisted world view you worship...
it is really sad.

both sides of history? lol...only an uneducated person believes there are only two sides to the past.

i don't need to make the U.S. look bad...the bush administration does that all too well...remember them? torture, invasion of an nation that had zero to do with the 9-11 attack, secret meetings with energy corporations...the list of abuses of the american trust by people like you, have done more than a southwest historian could ever manage thank you.

people like me just hope the twisted behaviors of the republican/democrat partys leave enough pieces to rebuild this great nation.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Poor Sadam.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

WOW!!!!! Who knew you believed there was more than two, or even one, side to anything. You have hidden your true nature very well.

At no time have I taken anything you have written seriously or personal. You have become a caricature of a sixties love child. I picture you with a scraggly beard and long unkempt hair.....the career student. I would also be the first to say that I may be completely wrong about you, and you might turn out to be......normal. :lol:

Watching you turn everything bad in this world into Gorge Bush's or Ronald Reagan's fault is pathetically funny. Your excuse's for your own failures will always be laid at someone else's feet. You make bad decisions, you suffer the consequences. The terrorists are beginning to realize that now. You, on the other hand, may very never learn.......until your life is a total train wreck.

When people like Brad and critter are your biggest fans, it's time to find another stage.....and act.

Who are you trying to kid. When it comes to pip......there are no innocent comments. What did I twist and, why don't you tell us what you really meant?

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

War Crimes

Post by lazarus »

WASHINGTON - Medical examinations of former terrorism suspects held by the U.S. military at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, found evidence of torture and other abuse that resulted in serious injuries and mental disorders, according to a human rights group.

For the most extensive medical study of former U.S. detainees published so far, Physicians for Human Rights had doctors and mental health professionals examine 11 former prisoners. The group alleges that it found evidence of U.S. torture and war crimes and accuses U.S. military health professionals of allowing the abuse of detainees, denying them medical care and providing confidential medical information to interrogators that they then exploited.

One Iraqi prisoner, identified only as Yasser, reported being subjected to electric shocks three times and being sodomized with a stick. His thumbs bore round scars consistent with shocking, according to the report obtained by The Associated Press. He would not allow a full rectal exam.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Re: Poor Sadam.......

Joe Ribaudo wrote: the career student. Joe Ribaudo

yes dumbfuck...i am a professional student...a career student...says so right on the loan forms...duh...everyone who attends school after a four year degree is a career student...

you really attempt to present yourself as the sole source of intelligence on the planet...too bad you actually believe the shit that comes into your twisted brain.

bush and reagan are just poster boys for the insanity people like you represent...
the list of who you have attacked and what topic you have twisted is far too long to post in this forum...at least for others to keep track... since you do post the insane far more often than others.

yes..i don't shave...only a bigot cares what others look like. thanks for that posting...makes the position you stand on less creditable...as if that is necessary...

if your too dumb to be in the infantry..they make you a MP....hey..that
you all over isn't it?

i was just up in " 60's love child " territory...guess what...when they saw me at the va...well..i wasn't allowed to be a hippie...lol...they are more like you than me, oh great ignorant one.

and just so you have a clue...the only opinion i subscribe too is that of the dogs i meet...dogs and little children like me...but then..they see a humans soul...not their hairstyle. duh.

too sad. it must be a sick feeling to know people like you are the problem in this world...you are just another fundamentalist with an agenda.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Educated Idiots.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

pip,

I believe I am just intelligent enough to peg you. My guess is that you stay in school because you are afraid to compete in the real world.
Right now, you can blame your failures on Bush, Reagan and everyone else........other than yourself. Once you leave school and your comfort zone, who will you blame for the bad choices you are surely going to make?

Best thing for you to do is work hard to get the Dem's in the White House, and hope they will pump enough of our (the people who work) money into the entitlement programs so you will be able to just get by without having to break a sweat.......pretty much what you are probably doing now. Other than whining, what kind of impact are you actually having on your own life right now. Are you in control, or is someone else?

It's all about choices, pip. Maybe what you need is a wife who will work six or seven days a week to keep you in beans. Yeah, that's a choice that lots of real smart guys are making these days. Could be that's the right choice for you, or maybe you're already there. Is that why you are so angry?

So far you are dead wrong in every thing you have said about me. Intelligence has nothing to do with how many years you spend in school,
IMHO, it has much more to do with what you do with what you have. One wonders why you stoop down to my level to hurl your insults. It's such a waste of your valuable time.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

War Crimes

Post by lazarus »

Army Maj. General Antonio Taguba (Ret.) who led the Army’s official investigation into the Abu Ghraib scandal, writes that "there is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held to account."