Say it ain't so, Joe.

Anything goes. Politics, religion and your neighbors spouse. No censors, no dictators. Any and all opinions welcome.
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I suspected you might think I meant you personally, so I almost sent you an e-mail assuring you otherwise. Almost.

For the rest of you curious about my comment, I had no-one in particular in mind, but by all means, if the shoe fits, wear it.

When it come to a subject as important as this, I see no reason to feign diplomacy. Again, I am not impressed by ignorant rhetoric.

Brad
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

lazarus,

Some of us are not impressed with liberal bullshit either.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Pretty Smart

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

"I am not impressed by ignorant rhetoric."

Could it be that the reason you are unimpressed is because you are overrating your own intelligence, and underrating the rest of the world???

I doubt that one side of this debate has the edge in IQ over the other. I understand that you believe that you do, but it's not like the rest of us have never talked to you before. It's a bit of a judgement call from both camps. :)

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

TC

Post by lazarus »

TC

Of course you aren't. Bullshit is bullshit.

Brad
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Wow Joe, take a f'n Valium already. If troops don't do what they're told, then the Military won't exist like it does today. You think they go over to Iraq making executive decisions about what they're doing and why they are there? No Joe, they don't. They have orders and they carry them out. Simple enough. My displeasure with the war, and many other things involving this country has nothing whatsoever to do with the troops. They fight for freedom and I respect that.

If I offend anyone, then that is their problem. FWIW, my father was in the Marines.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Chillin......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

I don't do Valium.

No one said the troops don't have to do what their told. What I said was, they were proud of what they were doing over there. They are not being forced to do as they are ordered. They and their families believe in the mission in Iraq.

Instead of listening to them, people like you are listening only to the voices you want to hear.

This if one of the highest educated forces we have ever fielded. They are motivated to get the job done. Just perhaps......Cindy Shehan and John Kerry are only speaking for people like you, and not speaking for the Iraq veterans.

Do you think you could just go about getting the people you want elected, into office, without constantly telling our troops they are fighting the wrong war in the wrong place. Even if it's true, do you really want them putting their lives on the line with that thought ringing in their ears?

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
you've lost it!

Do you even realize what you just implied? Do you even comprehend how incriminating your statement was?

Why in the world would we want to encourage our soldiers to continue fighting the wrong war?

The Bible says we can judge a man by his deeds, isn't that right Joe?
Do we really want our soldiers fighting the wrong war, just to save face?

For shame, Joe. Your pride just betrayed your common sense.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Lost Nothing....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

I have lost nothing.

Believe it or not, there are many people in this country....and outside it, who don't believe it's the wrong war in the wrong place.

That comment was for two people right here, who do believe that. Even if it were true, which I don't believe for a second, you and and the rest of the liberals who believe everyone but them are "ignorant", are putting our troops in even more danger by giving out enemies hope.

Our troops are there, and they won't be comming home anytime soon, despite your desperate attempts to take the fight out of them and instill it in their enemies.

The seeming lack of guts to take this war back where it belongs is purely
political. It revolves around returning the Democratic Party to power and nothing else.

The direct results of not encouraging our troops to fight, is to encourage them to lay down their arms and allow an enemy who has no compunction against killing unarmed and helpless people to walk through their peaceful ranks with a sword of death.

That's what they did on 9/11, that's what they do every single day and that's what they have told us they will continue to do as long as they keep breathing. That's what we must defend against and why we are fighting that war, and in that place.

Americans have always bled and died for just causes. It's what we do, and there have always been folks like you who whine about the cost in lives and, of course, the cost in dollars....mostely sitting in a drugged haze waiting for the next hit on the bong.

Thank God that Geroge Bush is not waiting for the next hit on one of our cities. When he is gone, that will be the job of your side. Wait.....wait.....wait. How many inocent lives will that cost?

When will the truth sink in, that these folks don't give a shit how many of us get on our knees and pray for mercy? You only need to look at history, even though I know I am too "ignorant" to understand it, and you will see just how far you will need to run.

Sorry Brad, you are not the only one who understands this problem. Do you know the meaning of "shame"? That's what I felt when we pulled that last soldier out of Saigon and left millions of people to drown in their own blood.

Shame is what I will feel when the "Killing Fields" in Iraq are filled with the people we have abandoned there. Where will we eventually have to stop running and face that wave of death? How many will need to die in New York before we decied to fight.... two thousand, ten thousand, one hundred thousand, a million? Where will you and Randy draw the numerical line?

But than again, maybe your right. Probably won't happen in Phoenix, so it's no skin of your nose.....right?

You want peace? Look to history for the road to peace.

Joe
djui5
Expert

Re: Lost Nothing....

Post by djui5 »

Joe Ribaudo wrote: How many inocent lives will that cost?

Joe

How many troops have died?

I think we see this situation from different eyes Joe. I'm not a liberal for one thing, I could care less about all that rep/dem crap. It has nothing to do with the subject at hand. This is far bigger than that.

I should stay out of this thread. Political discussions can get heated and I don't want this going further than it should, so I will respectfully say we can agree to disagree Joe/all. That will be that.

Have a nice evening.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
lazarus
Expert

Joes Lost It

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

No, you've lost it!

You're in denial. Just because there are thousands of people as stupid as you does not make you less stupid. By the way, your response qualifies as ignorant rhetoric. I have now lost all respect for you. You are a mindless, selfish chump with no hint of integrity. I will never respect you again.

You make me sick.

Brad
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Perhaps.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

Perhaps you are correct. I may very well be in "denial". I may be "ignorant" and "stupid" as well.

It may be that I need to stop in the middle of our conversation and down a few double shots of tequila, or smoke a joint to see things as clearly as you do.

I really should take your word that I am all of those things, as it would seem that you are the expert.....in all things.

Hard to have a conversation with someone stuck in the sixties.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

I've never downed a double shot of tequila in my life, dirt for brains.

Again, you'd rather subvert the truth than face it. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

It is so very easy for you to lie about things, isn't it Joe. The lies just roll off your tongue, and you feel no remorse.

Just like George Bush, you have no respect for the truth. You'll say anything to vilify others.

Shame on you Joe. You are indeed, a chump!

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe

now that you and I have successfully soiled each others britches, I am turning my attention to the 'Stone Maps'.

You may continue the discussion over there if you'd like, but of course, our tone will need to be more civil.

From now on, you may all refer to me as 'Double-Shot'.

Brad
lazarus
Expert

Redacted

Post by lazarus »

Here is another link worth checking out.
I'm sure Joe will explain it to you.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=3545921

Brad (Double-Shot)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Broad Brush

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

I don't believe I said you were a tequila drinker. What I was indicating was that I would need to alter my sober mind to understand your point.
However, I can see your point in the site you recommended with no problem.

The hate America message is not being hidden by your "I support the troops" smokescreen.

"Inspired by one of the most serious crimes committed by American soldiers in Iraq since the 2003 invasion, it is a harrowing indictment of the conflict and spares the audience no brutality to get its message across."

Folks like you love to paint our efforts and troops with this kind of broad brush. Once again you are all honing the edges of the terrorist's blades, knowing the blood they draw will never get splashed on YOUR shoes.

American justice will deal with these aberrations. Are you unable, or just unwilling to show the good, decent things we are doing over there.

Sure, I can explain it......A few sick minds comitted a crime and will be punished for it. The sick minds that are exploiting this abomination for political gain, are just as bad.....perhaps worse. The damage you, and your ilk are doing will cost way more innocent people their lives.

How will you wash that blood from your hands? It's called cause and effect, and you can't just wash it away with empty words.

Your hate for George Bush and America will not serve as your moral crutch as the future unfolds. By all means, hold up this crime as indicative of our entire effort in Iraq, as well as the behavior of the average soldier in the field. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are doing a fine job Brad, in short order we will all be bowing towards Mecca. Did you know that originally Mohammad had his people bowing towards Jeruselum? They have been slaughtering Jews and Christians ever since. If we use the same logic/broad brush that you do, we should kill every peaceful Musllim in America.

Did I say...."logic"? Waste of a good word.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

More

Post by lazarus »

lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

thank you for your explanation.

Brad (Double-Shot)
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
you are mistaken.

My God forbids murder.

Brad (Double-Shot)
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

lazarus,

Your last link is exactly what I stated in my first post. Carpetbaggers.

I doubt that any minds are going to be changed to further the debate.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

You're Welcome

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

---------------------------------------------------------
Joe,
you are mistaken.

My God forbids murder.

Brad (Double-Shot)

-----------------------------------------------------------

When you are bowing towards Mecca.....that will all change.

You say someone is making money from this war???? Say it ain't so!!!
I had no idea. That site really opened my eyes to the real world. WOW!
What a revelation. Keep those hate America sites coming, but more on the evil our soldiers are doing, as the money side of this does not stir up the same passion for me, or al-Qaeda.

Do you folks find these sites on your own, or does Osama send out a monthly bulletin to his faithful supporters? :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

first of all, you are drifting further and further into mindless rhetoric. The al quada remark was also kinda dumb.

All three articles were front page stories I found while reading the news.

Next order of business...

Joe,
after a few hours upon which to reflect, I regret calling you a chump. I also feel I could have found a better choice of words than "dirt for brains".

I apologize for me lack of tact.

Brad (Double-Shot)
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Push.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

I believe you will find many such articles, movies....etc., as we push on towards the next presidential election. I expect you will be in the forefront of the......efforts.

"I apologize for me lack of tact."

"Tact" is the least offensive element of what you have written. I am at a complete loss to determine a tactful way to say what you believe. Thinking you need to parse the words into something I might find more agreeable, or perhaps not understand as clearly, only shows your utter disregard for my intelligence.

What you have said about me is of no importance. What you have said about our troops in Iraq is contemtible. I know that you believe you have said nothing, but the sites you have posted here, say the words you cannot.

That would be these words: "it is a harrowing indictment of the conflict".

What it is, is a harrowing indictment of the worst that can be found about our involvement in Iraq. What is never said, or even hinted at, is the best that is to be found. Our soldiers daily caring, protecting, providing, bleeding and dying for innocent men, women and children...That would include you, Brad.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

More Reading

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Brad,

Perhaps you are just not reading enough. I know you don't want to see this kind of news, but give it a try:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good News in Iraq. Positive Developments in Iraq

Resources
Good News in Iraq
Purpose

Search
· Google
· Yahoo! Directory

Believe ultimately and believe unequivocally in a better future. Find a reason. Get a long term view on a subject that will lead to a better future. Take the time to figure out what it is that can make a real positive difference in people's lives, and in the world for a long-time to come. For example, if you believe that our use of the environment could be so much better, don't fall into the trap of wasting years of your life protesting evil businesses. Make a real difference. Find out who is working on hybrid cars, or even more alternative methods and work to get those people's names out, and on the minds of the masses. Create a little club that meets once a month to explore real, practical ways that you can start doing little things on a daily basis to be more environmentally friendly and efficient. Get the word out. Think positively about the way the world can be. If you really believe that the world should, and ultimately will be environmentally more friendly... In other words, if you believe that you are without a doubt right. Than start moving the world in a positive direction around your issue. It doesn't matter what's wrong right now, or even for the next 5 years. The people that aren't doing it right can't be forced to change. You need to make it happen. You need to lead the understanding and creation of a new way.

Visit Kmax

Please contact us with any thoughts, comments, or questions.
[email protected]

July 24, 2007

Iraq
Dust settles. There's lots of hot air from Democrats and liberals about how bad things are in Iraq, etc. And, it's hard to see through it all when all of the pessimism and negativity is being tallied off by all the major news networks and newspapers. Then time passes... And there are those times when there's an opening in the clouds... The end result will be a better way of life for the Iraqi's. When all the dust settles... when all the words have been said... what will be left is peace and a better way of life. For now, 2 new age journalists are providing the news you ain't going to find in the New York Times or on the NBC Nightly News. Whoa, there's actually some pretty positive stuff happening. Imagine what a young generation of American soldiers can make possible. Read Michael J. Totten's latest post from Baghdad here and read Michael Yon's reporting from Iraq here.

May 12, 2007

The Future in Iraq
Written by Mohammed Fadhil (found link via Michael J. Totten: "tyrants and murderers like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah, Syria's Bashar Assad, and their would-be imitators who seek to control Iraq's people....The world should ask them to leave our land before asking the soldiers of freedom to do so." Full commentary here.

February 9, 2007

The Future in Iraq
Eventually, Iraq will have a good future. Iranian-born journalist Amir Taheri sums up the situation really well in his piece here: "With a combination of intelligence, patience and determination, General Petraeus can win in Baghdad. The battleground where his chances do not appear as good is Washington. The United States today has become home to a veritable industry of defeat - producing books, TV documentaries, research papers, intelligence analyses and feature movies destined for a growing market. Almost every day, some article assuming that the United States has already been defeated in Iraq, and recommend measures to deal with the consequences of defeat. And when the United States does something, it does it Big: The defeat industry is assuming a bewildering scale." Eventually, the pessimistic paper publishing will end. And peace and happiness for Iraq will emerge.

January 21, 2007

Good News in Iraq
Sorry, this site does not conform to the meme continually perpetrated by your favorite monopoly news organization, the Associated Press-- which writes all the articles for just about every newspaper in the country. It also does not conform to your favorite mass media publication, such as Newsweek, Time, the New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe, etc. It also does not conform with your nightly news broadcasts which have been brought to you over the years by your favorite, tell-it-like-they-see-it, news anchors like Brokaw, Rather, Couric, and Williams. And, we also don't seem to carry items of interest to National Public Radio. OK, that said, this site still continues for one, long reason. The future of millions of people in Iraq depends on a bright future, and we unequivocally hope and believe that is the only eventual (whether sooner or later) outcome in Iraq. And there are great people, serving in the U.S. military, that are doing their best to help secure that region and bring the Iraqi people a bright, peaceful, and happy future-- similar in ways to the life enjoyed by many others around the globe. Stop politicizing Iraq. The lives of real people are involved, while this site receives emails from people asking it this site is funded by Karl Rove, etc. This site isn't about political credit for some party. This site doesn't need any credit when peace and happiness do come in the future for the Iraqi people. If some Democrats or liberals need credit for Iraqi's having a better future, in order to support the troops mission-- then have it. Take all the credit. When things do eventually get better for the people in Iraq, please take the credit for yourself, and your political party.

May 13, 2006

Soldiers Good to go
(note that both of the links have music as soon as you click on them). A simple, but inspiring web site: Soldiers Good to go. Try listening to the music on some of the other links too, such as here.

May 1, 2006

Good News in Iraq
Bill Crawford has an archive available of his 'Good News in Iraq' updates at the National Review: here.

April 25, 2006

Good News in Iraq
Also visit Bill Crawford's occasional updates here.

April 6, 2006

Good News in Iraq
We can't predict the future, but we can certainly, and unequivocally, hope for the best for the people of Iraq and the U.S. men and women serving in that country to make it happen. Here are some web sites to visit for more frequent coverage of positive developments in Iraq:
· Good News Central
· Spirit of America- projects in Iraq
· Chrenkoff (Lots and lots and lots of stories and facts. This was the best site, but stopped publishing in September 2005)
· Operation Iraqi Children
· Renewal in Iraq
· Iraq the Model
· America Supports You
· Liberating Iraq
· USAID Assistance for Iraq
· Reconstruction Links
· Update Reports

January 31, 2006

Iraq: Providing Hope
A new book and a new web site. WinningIraq.com here. Ultimately, the truth will prevail.

January 9, 2006

Marines in Iraq
It is important. It is hard work. It got done. The story of Operation Red Bull here.

January 2, 2006

Good News in Iraq
Here is a new web site that has started up: Liberty & Justice For All.

December 3, 2005

U.S. Military
On the day of the annual Army vs. Navy Football Game, we take time here to relect on the U.S. military and the mission in Iraq. From the very first day of this U.S. campaign in Iraq we have always focused on who was going to be carrying out the mission. For us, that is the bottom line. The people (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines) over there are good people with the best of intentions. And that is why, ultimately, there will be a bright, positive future for Iraqi's.

July 19, 2005

Good News in Iraq
Surely, you may have found this site. The benchmark web site for information on good news in Iraq is the ongoing series at Chrenkoff. The latest installment (Part 31) includes many stories about Iraqi's standing up to terror, such as this article. Also included is a link to this progress report including the beginning of construction for one of 167 new medical clinics and updated statistics that 628 school construction projects have been completed in Iraq. Chrenkoff thanks the Opinion Journal web site for supporting the efforts as well as the Winds of Change web site.

Also today, please note this article on Iraqi rebuilding. And for on the ground coverage right from Iraq, by Iraqi's, visit the major newspapers in Iraq such as: Al-Iraqiya. Also visit the Middle East's counter to the well entrenched Al-Jazeera is Al-Arabiya (a 24-hour news channel launched in March 2003 and based in Dubai).

By the way, its hard to believe, but the temperature forecast for Baghdad today is 47 celsius (that's 116 degrees!).

July 14, 2005

The Future of Iraq
A new blog has arrived on the scene-- Hammorabi. And, this particular post from July 11 is particularyly interesting-- an insight that rarely gets thought about. Plus, read all of the comments. The key point is this: 'The mainstream media continues to perpetuate a myth that Americans are fighting the Iraqi people. You can ask some anti-war protestors today and they will tell you this. But the reality, is that the vast, vast majority of people in Iraq (as represented for you on the web via Hammorabi) are pulling for an end to the insane guerrilla and suicide warfare of the terrorists in Iraq. In due time, the people of Iraq will be living in peace and freedom. A bright future of peace and happiness is the only end game to any war or struggle. It always has been and always will be. Support the U.S. troops and support the peace and freedom of the Iraqi people.

Sometime between February and July :)

Iraq Progress
Is the situation getting better in Iraq? One sure sign is in your morning paper. There is a lot more coverage of Syria... Iran... North Korea... these days. One overacrching, and incredible, truly remarkable fact is this: elections have occured now in (count them-- one, two) three countries that those who don't believe in a positive future said could never happen so fast and that people over there just aren't ready for democracy. Afghanistan, Iraq, and Palestine have had elections. Positive news is often never as punctuated. Elections surely are a major puncuated moment of positive change, but otherwise the situation just slowly gets better. The sledgehammers at the Berlin Wall were a punctuated moment, but the change occured around it. The signing of the Declaration of Independence was a punctuated moment amid a general movement toward the creation of a new and improved country. Today, life is getting better for Iraqis, and people throughout that region. Believe in a better future.

February 6, 2005

Sgt. Michael Scott Evans II
"Please don't ever forget what I died for, and never let anyone disrespect that". -- Believe in a better future, because it is the final bottom line. The best is yet to come and people like Sgt Evans make it possible. People, all across the world, simply desire a free life.

January 24, 2005

Elections in Iraq
Elections are right around the corner for the people of Iraq. Of course, now that elections are about to occur, naysayers are moving on to the next comical pessimistic stand, 'well, elections are just one part of making democracy work'....

November 23, 2004

Good News- via Chrenkoff
Chrenkoff has another installment of 'Good news from Iraq'.

November 19, 2004

A better future on the way
Talk positive about the future in Iraq. Good things are possible. And good things are going to start happening. There will be happiness and celebrations for the now free people of Iraq.
Good things are coming! Believe in it.

October 10, 2004

Good News in Iraq
If you want to surf around and read up on some facts on really positive things in Iraq, I offer the following collection of links:

Chrenkoff- Good News From Iraq
Good News from Iraq (vol. 11)
Spirit of America
10 facts of why Iraqi children are better off
Operation Iraqi Children
10 facts of why Iraqi women are better off
A short article on team work

September 29, 2004

Great Story
This article at Tennessean.com by Tim Chavez sums things up so well. A very good story and a must read.

September 3, 2004

Iraqis Protest
You don't read this in the mainstream press. You find it in the Duluth News Tribune. "Demonstrators shouted chants denouncing al-Sadr, including one that equated him with deposed dictator Saddam Hussein." People around the world want freedom and believe in a better future.

August 11, 2004

About this Page
I am busy doing many other things. I started this page to get the word out that not all is bad in Iraq. There is a lot of good that is going on. And I believe a lot more good to come. Surely, a critic coming to the site will see the infrequent updates and presume-- see, even a good news site can't find good news. The reality is I don't have any time to post here. I haven't been scanning the web looking for good news and not finding any. The truth is, I have not done any work on this since my last post on July 21st. It has nothing to do with the situation or events in Iraq. The limitation is the time I have available to devote to this.

July 21, 2004

Rhetoric or Reality
Seen any coverage of smiling Iraqi children lately? Ever see any coverage of smiling Iraqi children. Check out this link-- there is a whole world of good going on in Iraq.

July 13, 2004

Paul Bremer
Bremer gave a speech right before he left Iraq in the transfer of authority to the free people of Iraq and one blogger said: "Iraq loves you just as you love her" in response to Bremer's speech. His words were inspiring to even critics. Here are some first hand accounts via a blog in Iraq by Iraqis.

July 6, 2004

"The Dream is Coming True, Day by Day"
There are positive developments for the people of Iraq. Just have to dig around for first hand accounts from soldiers on the ground.

June 29, 2004

The Big Issue
Where is all the bad news coming from? Why do we only hear one side from the major media outlets? Eric Johnson has written an excellent piece detailing just who exactly is behind the relentless string of bad, terrifying, pessimistic news that streams out of Iraq and into the major news outlets.

Good News
There is only one viewpoint to have here. Freedom for the Iraqis is an inevitability. The sooner it happens, the better. There are good people working extremely hard to make better things happen.

June 28, 2004

Schools
Creative Associates, a Washington D.C. based firm, is busy rebuilding schools in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries around the world.

Sovereignty
Click and check out the "Embassy of the United States: Baghdad, Iraq" web site.

Cooperation and Smiling Faces
The fact is there is a lot of hand shaking and smiling going on in Iraq. Thankfully, you can find a lot of it via this web site. There is a bright future for the people of Iraq. And there are many good people sacrificing a lot to help make it happen. Here is a great picture and story about cooperation in Iraq.

Article by Cathy Conley
This story (published on April 28th in the Weymouth News) has been featured here before. It is a very well written article worth reading all the way through.

June 22, 2004

Visuals
Here are photos of coalition soldiers in Iraq courtesy of the White House web site.

Keeping Track of Iraq
Here is the White House's official site: "Renewal in Iraq." Here is the Coalition Provisional Authority web site with info on the handover.

Progress in Iraq
President George W. Bush, as a democratic free Iraq approaches: "The future of a free Iraq is now coming into view."

June 10, 2004

Frontline
An email from a Marine in Iraq. Another frontline account of what is really going on in Iraq. The New York Times, L.A. Times, Washington Post, Tom Brokaw, All Things (liberal) Considered, Slate, and NPR wait with drip drop drooling anticipation for the next death in Iraq for another big Bush is bad headline. Meanwhile, reality in Iraq gets ignored day after day after day in Iraq. Zero coverage of new school's opening, or happy Iraqi's helping U.S. soldiers. Unless you dig around the net. And that's what this web page is all about. Finding stories about the good people in Iraq that are achieving good things outside the narrow minds of the biased major media outlets.

May 27, 2004

The Future for Iraqi's
A Soldier and Loan Officer in Iraq interviewed by KSL TV: "One hundred percent, we are helping them. You've got to look at how their living conditions have been over the last 30 years... versus what they're able to have hope for tomorrow." Joe Christensen was in Iraq with the 1457th Engineer Group for one year.

May 12, 2004

Children in Iraq
Laura Hillenbrand (the author of Seabiscuit) has started Operation Iraqi Children. Gary Sinise (from Forrest Gump), co-founder, said "I have seen Iraqi kids climbing on our soldiers and hugging them and kissing them".

May 11, 2004

A New School
A new school and new hope in Western Iraq. This story is from World Vision- an organization that appears to be doing a lot of hands-on work in Iraq. The story was first published in September of last year.

Digging Deep
You don't find these stories in the New York Times or Washington Post. These are first hand accounts from soldiers who have been there. This is their story. What they actually did; what they actually saw. This account was published in the Wilson County News from Floresville, TX.

Another Look Inside Iraq
In the words of Matt Drudge: "As the world's satellites and printing presses await fresh images of troop horrors and abuse, soldiers on the ground e-mailed this snap of warm greetings from some of Iraq's women and children."
Click here for image.

April 29, 2004

Stunning Poll Data
Interestingly, more Iraqis believe removing Saddam was worth it then Americans. Link from CNN. Article generally critical, but the 61% of Iraqi's that said "Saddam's ouster made it worth the hardships they had endured" is truly an eye-opener. What is even more stunning is that just 28% said no, it wasn't worth it. The others had mixed feelings. Truly, an amazing statistic.

Article by Cathy Conley
Some articles are best left to be read on their own with no comments here.

America is Not Alone
Yesterday aid workers from New Zealand resumed operations in Iraq. While the hostage scares provoked a temporary retreat, the workers are now comfortable again and operations are resuming. World Vision operations director, Judy Moore said "World Vision is delivering emergency health equipment to hospitals in northern Iraq , repairing water and sanitation works and rebuilding schools."

An Account from a Soldier Back From Fallujah
From a soldier back from Fallujah, “I think it's very important to make a go of it in Iraq and show the rest of that part of the world that democracy can work there. If it can work in Iraq, it can work in Syria, Jordan and Iran.” During his stay in Fallujah his soldiers rebuilt water and power systems, and repaired schools", despite being attacked at times by enemies.

A Rocky Road, But a Promising Future
This article is bluntly honest in the first half about the dangers facing U.S. troops. This article is a first-hand account of someone seeing the good and bad in real life, there on the ground day-to-day in Iraq. "You don't see this in the press that often, hardly at all, but in one year there has been 20,000 projects done by military personnel and civilian contractors refurbishing and rebuilding schools, hospitals, roads, electrical power grids and oil pipes.".

New Schools
Well, what do we have here? A quick start finds a story about the rebuilding of schools in Northern Iraq. Where once there were "mud houses for schools, now they have brick buildings". Not found in the New York Times, or CNN, or Washington Post. Not heard about on NPR, or Slate, or MSNBC. Tom Brokaw (a rumored Vice President running mate for Democrat John Kerry) isn't covering this on the NBC Nightly News. This article is courtesy of The Leaf Chronicle - a local paper in Clarksville, Tennessee. This story is a first hand account from the ground in Iraq-- in the heart of where good Americans are doing good things for the long-term benefit of the Iraqi people.

Starting Point
Could it be that just maybe there are positive things going on somewhere in Iraq? Could it be that maybe, just maybe somewhere in that country there is good news. That a better future is on the way. There will, and still will, be bumps on the way. There are bumps in America. But, this column will seek to weave a picture of the reality that a free people can produce great things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Joe

Post by lazarus »

Joe,
obviously, you are still adrift in denial.

The Iraqis have only satisfied three of eighteen benchmarks. About fifteen percent. Anything below sixty percent is abject failure.

The Iraqis just suffered their second highest month of civilian casualties. They have not had steady electricity, water or sewage since the invasion. All were fine, prior to the invasion. We are obviously not rebuilding what we destroyed.

We also destroyed many of the oldest antiquities on the planet. Meanwhile, the chaos was never this bad under Saddam. Now the US is debating a change in leadership, replacing Maliki with a strong armed dictator like Saddam. So much for democracy.

You will never see the light, because you don't want to. You are blind to the facts. You voted for an unethical warmonger with an IQ of 91, the lowest IQ of any US president. You will go to your grave supporting a bad war and a bad president rather than admit you made a horrible mistake.

You're a Catholic, aren't you? The Pope opposes the war, and all wars, in fact. Are you saying you are right and the Pope is wrong?

Brad