The Rhiney Petrasch Letter

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Understanding What You Read

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr A. H.,

The problem here, is that although you can read, you don't always understand what you are reading. The key words you got lost on were:
"some might consider". I did not say I considered them a threat.

You are just getting in deeper and deeper here. It's way past time for you to run away again. Next time, try coming back as "mad dog", that has a nice ring to it.

Joe Ribaudo
empire poker

Re: Understanding What You Read

Post by empire poker »

Joe Ribaudo wrote:Mr A. H.,

The problem here, is that although you can read, you don't always understand what you are reading. The key words you got lost on were:
"some might consider". I did not say I considered them a threat.

You are just getting in deeper and deeper here. It's way past time for you to run away again. Next time, try coming back as "mad dog", that has a nice ring to it.

Joe Ribaudo
Well then "SOME" might also consider putting it in their own posts with their own username under it. I read it in a post with your name at the bottom.

In case "SOME" haven't noticed, I see the makings of a Mega-Law-Suit forming here and am entertaining the idea of inviting Mr. Hatt to my office to discuss the possibility of obtaining a court order for the records of this website to find out who is really who and did what when.

In view of the turmoil it has caused it may also be prudent to invite Mr. Glover to our little get together and get his statement under oath pertaining to the source of his information at the same time. Since it does not appear that he intends to come forward on his own.

In case anyone is having thoughts about doing some heavy deleting of some their recent posts, you might as well know I just spent the last two hours building a file of them in my own computer. Just in case the webmaster's backup file disappears too.

Good Day Mr. Ribaudo,

Yours Truly,

A J Local
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Das Party

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Jim,

Sounds like a good party. Let me know what I can bring. :lol:

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Ronnie, Redison, Jan, AJlocal, geoff, Ray, Mr Hatt .....whoever....

I see you are getting your dander up now that you have been exposed. Its a shame, you really could have been a good credit to the LDM community. You, however, have decided to take another road and are now reaping the benefits of the seeds you have sown. Whatever history Joe and I have, neither Joe nor myself have stooped to the level of this "Jan" debacle. You have angered a good many folks by that stunt, and refuse even now to apologize. As I have a personal stake in the Jan thing, it is not something I will forget or forgive.

Maybe you should go back to peddling your silly Stone Map theories, pamphlets and re-creations to the gullible....

You know what they say Jim? The Stone Maps are the last refuge of the frustrated Dutch Hunter......lol

You like attention. Enjoy.

P
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

AJ

You posted the following:

>>I see the makings of a Mega-Law-Suit forming here and am entertaining the idea of inviting Mr. Hatt to my office to discuss the possibility of obtaining a court order for the records of this website to find out who is really who and did what when. <<

Yeah, Mr Hatt sure would like that now, wouldnt he?

lol

I'd like that myself.
empire poker

Post by empire poker »

Mr. Ribaudo and Mr. Esposito,

It is a dangerous game you are playing here gentleman. It may be fun for you now, and fulfill some kind of perverse sense of entertainment, but I would like to see if your smug expression of self satisfaction was still on your faces if warm blooded people like Geoff and Ronnie for example stepped up in the flesh to be sworn in.

You are shooting from the hip and running a bluff. I know it and I am sure Geoff and Ronnie do too. The more names you carelessly drag into your little game the more chance you have of adding another innocent victim to the record. If you haven’t already consulted with your private Attorneys about the seriousness of the situation and potential liabilities you could face as a result of your actions, I strongly urge you to do so promptly.

Your most recent comments have been noted and filed.

A J Local
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

The Mysterious Mr. A.H.

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mr. Esposito,

It sounds like you, Sir, should "lawyer up" at once. Make sure the lawyer you pick does not have the last name of "local" or "Hatt". :lol:

I will just defend myself, rather than using a "Mega" lawyer for this
"Mega-Law-Suit". No need to use a cannon on a mosquito. :)

Nothing would actually surprise me, as this idiot is really "stuck on stupid".

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

isnt this precisely the kind ofbehaviour most people had thought would end with the intro of moderators, code of conduct ethics and change of attitudes etc? sometimes saying nothing is more effective than saying something......carry on jousting (sigh)
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Joe

Actually there will be case-law for this very thing soon. Some obsessed nutjob in Tenn is suing a couple of members of an online chat room...for making his life miserable...etc etc. The defendants are alleged to have taken photos of this guys home and posted them on the internet, published his address etc... It is supposed be an online first, so , stay tuned.

Whether or not the local-yokel goes thru will his silly threat remains to be seen...lol.

You notice, no doubt, that various parts of the head of the hydra seem to have vanished.....I guess this method, though crude....is effective.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Silence

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I doubt Tennessee's "nut-job" has anything on ours.

"You notice, no doubt, that various parts of the head of the hydra seem to have vanished.....I guess this method, though crude....is effective."

A few post ago......
"The heads are being cut off one at a time untill the body is reached."

The body is feeling the heat. It could only juggle so many heads at once, so some of the heads had to be sacraficed to make way for new defenders. :roll:

There is always the chance that we are wrong here. Very little effort is needed to prove that. The only effort being made, is to change the focus from the sick mind that started this game and create new targets. that would be you, Garry and myself.

There is false pride and NO shame in this man.

Don,

To "give up on words", From Keith Basso, in "Western Apache Language And Culture" is a respected form of "speaking" for Native Americans. Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes not. Some acts are so egregious, that action is the only recourse. In this case, the only action available to us, or proper for this venu, is speach.

Silence is the exact thing that has brought this Forum to this place in time. Those who should have and could have spoken out, chose to remain silent. Left with few voices to oppose him, the Hydra grew in size and power. He reached the zenith of that power with the death of Jan.
There is nowhere left to go but down.

You and the other members have the same choice to make as when the Hydra first joined the Forum. You can hide in the safe darkness of silence, or join the voices of contemptuous censure in the light of day.

Am I wrong?

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe,
i made my feelings quite clear last time there were "problems" and spoke out as you know, even though later ,in private , my motives were questioned,wrongly i might add, but enough of that. attention is the key, deny certain individuals that and you starve them to death, it may well takew a little longer to take effect than throttling them would....but its a lot quieter and simpler.and of course some who were "jans" allies on here but a few short weeks ago are now some of her fiercest accusers.so i believe not to take ANYTHING, ANYONE says on here without the proverbial "pinch of salt" is a grave mistake.
as for this "hydra"creature, you might be forgetting just who and how many supporters it picked up along the way, so theres a good deal of hypocrisy evident here and at times its quite nauseating. no this isnt refferring to you in fact, it should be obvious who it refers to. maybe "dealing"with people who while not as honest as you might like,but nonetheless more honest than otherwise are available might be a prefferred course of action for some........
equally respectfully,
your friendly neighbourhood psychopath
and light hearted friend
:lol:
Last edited by don on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Interesting

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

For those of you who may not have noticed, count was on the site earlier today. It would seem that the results of that visit, has been the removal of Mr. A.H.

He is no longer on the member list, and his posts have been removed.
It would be nice to have an explanation of this event, but that is exactly what a moderated forum would have done.

Did Mr. A.H. have the knowledge or power to do this himself, or did count do it? I.M.H.O., it was the right thing for the Forum and it was the correct way to handle the Hydra. Cooler heads should be doing what needs to be done.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Perhaps.....But.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

I have mentioned the folks who laid down with this dog and came up with fleas. I understand that many made that choice because of hatred for me. I do not hold grudges. Never have, never will. Eventually I get past all the bullshit. I also realize, like you have said before, that I brought on a great deal of the problems, myself.

Those events are behind me, not forgotten, but behind. My enemies from the past are doing the right thing now. We are united against the Jan game and it's creator. We will follow that fight wherever it leads.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend".

Thank you for your input.

Respectfully,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Why?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

When you consider all the vile crap that has gone on here in the past, without a peep from the management, you might wonder why A.H. was eradicated.

He did nothing, other than exposing the last name of a member, without his permission. That has been done before, without a word being said, other than one loud mouth.

You might conclude that A.H. was removed at the request of a friend, who had the power to get that task done. You might also conclude that part of that removal, included the advise to not return with another head.

If all of that is true, I am satisfied that the right thing has been done. This, once again, will be my last post on any of these matters, unless the vermin return.

Anyone wishing to discuss this further, will need to use another medium to put me in the conversation.Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Looks like the "mercy" rule was invoked....
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

joe,
just like to clear something up,you seem to be under the impression that i said or thought that you brought "it " upon yourself.thats not strictly true although i did i admit say something after that fashion.I see nothing wrong in questioning "facts" and sources,indeed if people had done that begginning from the 1880s up until the present day,then we might not have the plethora of b.s that exists concerning the legend that we have today. no,my criticism (if indeed it was a criticism) wasnt about your actions,but rather about the individuals whos sources you were questioning.I suspect that you allready knew that certain people would never respond positively to your questions,mostly because they couldnt,by that i mean there were no sources, or proof ,or substance to their claims.....but that didnt negate your right to ask....hence my earlier staytement-saying nothing is sometimes better than saying something.
as for the "no grudges" comment you made....well maybe the saying "the smile on the face of the tiger" might be appropriate somewhere here......if i could fit it in 8O .
as for the "jan" issue...didnt everyone know, even after the change of attitude,that some kind of "stunt" was in the making? myself i dont think it was deliberately connected with the recently deceased members tragic death....just an unfortunate coincidence...i dont believe Anyone would be as evil as to do that.
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

>> as for the "jan" issue...didnt everyone know, even after the change of attitude,that some kind of "stunt" was in the making? myself i dont think it was deliberately connected with the recently deceased members tragic death....just an unfortunate coincidence...i dont believe Anyone would be as evil as to do that.<<

I do not believe the "jan" issue was deliberately connected with our communitys recent loss. If I thought that then I would have had a much more severe reaction. So would others, I imagine. The thing that sticks in my craw is that this person refuses to acknowledge this stunt even now....and in some recent posts STILL talks about "jan" as if the person really existed. As if we were children and couldnt see thru his BS by now. In the light of recent all too real events, that still pisses me off to no end.

For whatever history Joe and I have, we were still able to overcome that and do what needed to be done. For that I am grateful to him.

The saddest part about this whole thing is I beleive this whole thing got out of hand over $. This fellow was trying to promote himself and his books on this forum, looking to make a couple of bucks over whatever knowledge he beleives he possesses. Like dozens of Dutch Hunters before him, when they realize they arent close to the mine...they write a book...telling folks where they think it is. I am NOT talking about valid tomes that relate to the history of the mountains or LDM, works like Tom Glovers , Jack Carlson's etc...are excellent ! I am talking about all the knuckleheaded "I found the mine /the clues/ the trail blah blah blah books..... Anyone who has an inkling of where the LDM really lies wont be writing any books on the subject anytime soon, IMHO.
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Wow, I have just finished reading all the posts.Thanks guys for keeping guard on this site. I have not been able to follow all the in and outs of the last few months.I do enjoy the the shared knowledge and flames that erupt at times.The "Jan" incident caught me blindside.I missed "her" first posting,But have read almost ,if not all.I was deeply touched by the tragic
story of the accident,Then appalled and pissed off by the possibility that this was all a sham/scam.I need to know if this is total bull.Closure to this story is needed.
Its late,
Regards , Scott
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Scott,

Yes, unfortunately, it was indeed total BS.

P
don
Part Timer

Post by don »

it would be nice,if everyone now could put their differences behind them and instead concentrate on the issues that make us all part of the dutchman community.it wont come about by moderating forums or codes of conduct agreements orsuchlike, but only from a determined attitude from each of us to accept each others rights to their beliefs ,even when in disagreement.none of us are that well informed-if we were ,we wouldnt bother to log on here.maybe ALL of us can learn a lesson from recent events...i.e lifes too damn short .we could all wipe the slate clean and begin again....pretty simple really.
thoughtfully
don( who prefers to be dutch elm disease but cant log on under that name for some strange reason 8O )
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Post by GK_STAR »

Lets see if I can remember....oh yeah.....The Petrasch family :lol:
Well I don't know if this has any bearing on the subject but I found a ref to Herman Petrasch coming to AZ from Washington State not Montana. I found it at http://www.treasureexpeditions.com/Lost ... d_Mine.htm
in a story by Brad Johnson. Johnson doesn't go into any detail about Herman in WA just this statement:

"Rhiney also contacted his brother Herman, in Washington state, and asked him to help him to located the lost mine. After several years Julia eventually gave up the search but, the Petrash brothers continued to search until their death. Year after year over miles of silent desert, through lonely canyons and up mountains with mysterious rumblings echoing in the distance the Petrash brothers searched. Herman was so adamant in his search that a mountain east of Weaver's Needle was named in memory of him, "Herman's Mountain".

Did Brad Johnson just have the wrong info or does this fit in? And if it is correct does it matter? I tried doing a search at http://www.secstate.wa.gov/history/search.aspx but all I get is an "ERROR" message. I know some of you are alot better at that sorta thing then me.

Anyways......if this helps great......if not.....oh well......I'll keep trying to contribute something to pay my due's ......so ta speak
:wink:

Greg Kaiser
But hey.....Thats just Me....I could be wrong
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Herman Petrasch

Post by GK_STAR »

Lets see if I can remember....oh yeah.....The Petrasch family :lol:
Well I don't know if this has any bearing on the subject but I found a ref to Herman Petrasch coming to AZ from Washington State not Montana. I found it at http://www.treasureexpeditions.com/Lost ... d_Mine.htm
in a story by Brad Johnson. Johnson doesn't go into any detail about Herman in WA just this statement:

"Rhiney also contacted his brother Herman, in Washington state, and asked him to help him to located the lost mine. After several years Julia eventually gave up the search but, the Petrash brothers continued to search until their death. Year after year over miles of silent desert, through lonely canyons and up mountains with mysterious rumblings echoing in the distance the Petrash brothers searched. Herman was so adamant in his search that a mountain east of Weaver's Needle was named in memory of him, "Herman's Mountain".

Did Brad Johnson just have the wrong info or does this fit in? And if it is correct does it matter? I tried doing a search at http://www.secstate.wa.gov/history/search.aspx but all I get is an "ERROR" message. I know some of you are alot better at that sorta thing then me.

Anyways......if this helps great......if not.....oh well......I'll keep trying to contribute something to pay my due's ......so ta speak
:wink:

Greg Kaiser
GK_STAR
Greenhorn

Post by GK_STAR »

Ok....1st off.....sorry about the double post, not sure what happened there.
2nd.......I did find something about a Herman Petrasch with a Country of Origin Germany in Whatcom County Wa. on 10 MAR 1887 http://www.secstate.wa.gov/history/sear ... 6&id=12384
But again......not sure if it.......helps.....hurts......or matter's.

Greg Kaiser
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Place of Birth

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

The 1930 Census for AZ, Maricopa Cnty., Fish Creek Election Precinct, showh Rhiney's birth place as New Mexico.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
novice
Expert

Post by novice »

Greg,

Good job! I know some members are not interested in this type of info but I know several people that are. Keep up the good work. I don't think Greg Davis has a copy of this particular document? He has an awful lot on the Petraschs! He shared Herman and Rhiney's naturalization papers in about 1938. That is a great story in itself.

Would like to share some of those details but just don't have time right now. Leaving on a trip.

I read Brad Johnston's story. If we assume the Earl Hatt story is suspect, it seems that it is not impossible that Herman could have been in Washington State in 1892? My own take, at this time, is that Herman and his father Gottfried may not have been together when Rhiney contacted them. They could have arrived in Phoenix at different times? Just speculation.

Garry