Jan slipped away from us last night.

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
buscar
Part Timer

Jan slipped away from us last night.

Post by buscar »

Jen e-mailed me and said that Jan slipped away from us last night.

Jen wrote: Her inlbox is full of messages from well wishing friends and positive
attitudes, I can't bear to read any more of them right now. I'll be giving
her computer to my Father so he can identify and terminate her online
accounts, maybe he will be able to go through all the messages and respond
to them later.

For now, I will BCC this e-mail to everyone in her address book.

Jen
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

To all

My heartfelt condolences to Jans loved ones. Jan will surely be missed. Is there anywhere we can send cards/flowers ? Does anyone have any details of the accident? This is terrible. Doubly so that it should happen during this time of the year.

Again my deep condolences to all.

Peter
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter has spoken what is in all of our thoughts and prayers for Jan, her family and loved ones.

Godspeed, Jan.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Roger
Part Timer

Jan's Passing

Post by Roger »

I too would like to offer my deepest condolences to Jan's family. Jan was certainly an inspiration and a beautiful personality to have as a member of our Forum family. She will be deeply missed by all.

Roger
Jesse J. Feldman
Part Timer

Post by Jesse J. Feldman »

What a tragedy. My condolences to her family. I did not know Jan other than this forum and perhaps an attendance or two at special talks. It is obvious, this community was important to Jan. We can see that, never more clear, in her last post. She had a real interest in the legends, and the people who came before her. It seems this was her fun. A true treasure hunter. May we all continue with the same tenet.

Jesse
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Deleted................
Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JIM HAMRICK
Part Timer

Jan Slipped Away From Us Last Night

Post by JIM HAMRICK »

I never met Jan but I still feel a loss because of one less person seeking their on end of the rainbow. I am sure her not contributing to this site will leave a weak place in the posts.

I am not a religious man but I have no doubts that Jan is in a place much superior than our existance. May her family and friends find solace and peace.

James Hamrick
late49er
Part Timer

Post by late49er »

No way words can adequately express the heartbreak some of you must be feeling.

Never knew the lady but at this time we are all family. God bless and keep all of you safe.

Have to believe Jan is in a better place than here.

Regards,

Late49er
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Buscar,

Do you have any information on funeral arrangements/wake etc so that those of us who are able might be able to either send condolences in the form of a sympathy card or flowers or perhaps attend the wake or service?

Again, my condolences to all.

P
buscar
Part Timer

funeral arrangements/wake etc

Post by buscar »

I apologize for not having any information on funeral arrangements/wake etc. I e-mailed Jennile, Jan’s sister and requested an address where we might send flowers and condolences to her family.
As soon as I receive a reply, I will post the info.

buscar
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Buscar,

Thanks for the reply. Please let us know as soon as you find out.

To all,

Does anyone have any info on the accident itself? I have checked various sites from AZ/NM/TX that would note a highway fatality on Christmas or Christmas Eve and havent found anyone named Jan (or Jennifer) meeting an untimely end. I am sure we have folks on the forum whos internet search skills are better than mine.

P
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

No News

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I have had the same results as Peter.

Jan did have some people who knew her and are members of the Forum.
Hopefully one of them will let us know what arrangements have been made.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
Bandit
Part Timer

Post by Bandit »

To the Family,
We just arrived in AJ. I am so sorry.

Bandit
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Louisiana

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

You left out Louisiana. That seems to be the logical destination for Jan.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

I am still drawing blanks as far as Jan goes. No accident reports, no obituaries in AZ tabloids. Am I the only one to find it odd that her family needed to go through her computer hours after her demise to let Forum members know about the tragedy, but then no further news was forthcoming? Something doesnt add up here. Has anyone on the forum actually met her in the flesh?

I'd hate to think this is just another silly forum prank.....laying to rest a made-up identity. If it is, its NOT funny.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Suspicious Minds

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

It's hard to believe you could be so insensitive, at a time like this, as to suggest such a devious plan. 8O On the other hand, it's good to see you posting again. :)

Jan signed the "Forum Code of Conduct", and rule #8 states that a member will only have one (1) identity. That would preclude her being involved in anything like this. Such an act would suggest she was actually someone else. :?

Lack of evidence, does not prove that the accident did not occur. You should appologize, at once, and prepare to send flowers or a card to the bereaved family. That assumes the needed information is forthcoming.

A number of the members of this Forum have received e-mails from Jan's sister, Buscar being one, and probably have the information connected with this tragedy. We are all waiting to hear what they have to say.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

Post by dutch elm disease »

one of the relatively few times ive agreed with peter......
Roger
Part Timer

Peter Welcome Back to the Forum!!

Post by Roger »

Based on the Code of Conduct which I committed to, I would like to welcome Peter back to the Forum and hope that everyone else will do the same. Peter brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and field experience on the LDM to the Forum and his participation is a great benefit.

Peter, please stay with us in 2006.

FYI: In the Code of Conduct topic "Jan" gave her full name as Jan Graham.

Roger
TGH
Expert

Post by TGH »

Roger,

While I applaud your efforts to preserve the forum, I will not be posting much....certainly nothing on the LDM or other related subject matters. The forum seems to be focused on the Stone Maps now and I have no interest in them whatsoever.

I am, however, interested in this Jan saga for personal reasons.

So lets recap this:

1) Jan is heading points east on I-10 for the Christmas Holidays, posting to the forum as her trip progresses. (Dont know about you folks, but I have driven cross-country a good 7-8 times in the last few years and the last thing I am thinking about is posting to the forum while I am making a long drive...or anywhere else for that matter).

2) Next thing we know, Buscar receives an email from Jans sister telling him about the tragedy. This happens almost immediately after the accident. Which means that her PC survived the crash, and a family members first thought was to go thru her emails and online accounts (they of course had all the passwords handy to access them) and notify all the people she was corresponding with about the accident.

3) Jans sister is thoughtful enough to let Jans online friends know about the accident WHILE her sister lay dying in the hospital, but then does not supply any additional information.

4) There is no news of this accident anywhere. No obituary. No one on this Forum can post and say "yes I met Jan in the flesh, shes a real person, and here is the information on the funeral arrangements, etc".

I wonder if Buscar was unwittingly set up to be the bearer of this news. It would not surprise me if he hadnt received several emails from "Jan" in the weeks leading up to the accident, sort of setting up the scenario to kill off Jans character.....and giving him an unwitting part to play.

If this was indeed done because someone needed to end a made up character or because it was someones idea of a joke, then it is the most vile, despicable act ever perpetrated on this forum. It is NOT funny. And I will make it my business to find out who was behind this, and then we will see how that turns out.

Like I said above. I have very personal reasons for going off on this subject. Reasons that I pray I will not have to reveal at a later date.

Peter
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Tongue In Cheek

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Peter,

I trust you were not offended by my post, and believe you are smart enough to take it for what it was.

The list, assuming there was no Jan Graham, is really pretty short for who would have been the perpetrator. Come to think of it, there may be such a list in one of my posts shortly after Jan became a member. 8O

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that you have a pretty good idea who Jan was, assuming there was no real Jan.

There was no way in the world that I was going to be the first person to post what you have just written. In my opinion, it is important that the person behind this is revealed. I will not do it, but will applaud whoever does.

All of your points are "spot on", and your conclusions are logical.

I will not post a reply to you again, unless you address me personally.

Take care, and good hunting.

Joe Ribaudo
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

My heart truly hurts as I read the posts about Jans demise.Her voice was refreshing and inlightning,energetic and responsive.Her posts lead me towards wanting to post and share my knowledge again.
Peter are you the person who responded to my post a few years ago?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Answers

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Scott,

Good to see you posting again. Welcome back.

TGH is the Peter who replied to your first post.

I have deleated most of this post, because I was wrong.

My apologies.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
rochha
Part Timer

Doesn't add up!!

Post by rochha »

All,

This whole Jan scenario doesnt add up as Peter has pointed out, I have never thought that Jan was who she claimed to be. If this is a sick joke, which it appears that way, is one of the reasons why many people have stopped posting. There is only one person who has claimed to have met Jan, I will not post his name but read back in some of the past posts and you will see.

Something is not right here!!!!

Rochha
Ronnie Kelso
Part Timer

Post by Ronnie Kelso »

Deleted...............
Last edited by Ronnie Kelso on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Misdirection

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Ronnie,

What makes you think that someone has suggested that Ron Feldman has had any part in this?

Hat's has only one "t". :?

This is something that many people are taking very seriously. It is not something that will be swept under the rug. At the same time, misdirection and trying to change the subject, old tricks here, will not be effective in this matter.

We are still waiting for that first person to step forward and say that they have actually met Jan. She said she had been searching the Superstitions for years, yet no one knows her personally.

Buscar's silence these past days, speaks volumes. While it is true that "people mourn differently", the newspapers don't mourn at all.
The fact is, that Jan was a "ghost" long before her demise.

If there is someone out there who can present one verifiable fact concerning Jan Graham, they should do so. All of us are still waiting to send our donations, cards and or flowers to the funeral. Given the opportunity, I will be the first one to do so.

I don't believe silence will be the outcome of this "game", should it turn out to be one. Someone knows the truth. Let's hear it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo