Travel Channel

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
S.C.
Part Timer

Travel Channel

Post by S.C. »

Well... Wednesday was an interesting night on the Travel Channel.

There was a program entitled Incredible Arizona on the Travel Channel (Wed. night) and it featured a segment on the Lost Dutchman. Somewhat patronizing... However, the program peaked one's interest - as a whole - by showing the activities of lots of college kids in Arizona on Spring Break... many female and scantily dressed...

However, later was another Travel Channel program featuring a "10 Best" theme... This time the theme was lost treasure. At number "8" was the LDM. As Ron had indicated in an earlier posting, something was in the works... And it materialized. Ron appeared in this Travel Channel program. While it was a whirl-wind, and could not do the subject justice, it basically hit upon Ron's long standing belief in geology. The geology has to hold up to the notion of gold of being in an area. If the geology does not support it, why waste your time? Iron Mountain was mentioned. And supporting geology. Nothing new to us here on this forum. Ron has given us a lot of info on that particular topic before.

However, in general, think about it... The level of "detail" this forum has presented as to the facts of the LDM phenonemon. Then look at such programs on TV.... They only see the shadow of the tip of the iceberg. Such program only "patronize" as "fancy" the whole concept of the LDM. When - in reality - there is such an extensive background of historical data the "facts" support "something" is there. The bottom line is this forum is invalueable as a venue of dicussion. Far beyond the works of any published books... Think about it...

Just for the record... I have explored Tortilla Creek. And where Peters Canyon meets it. What I noticed as I hopped from boulder to boulder was something I had not seen elsewhere on the "Western side" of the range.... Quartz in the creekbed........
Ron
Part Timer

Travel Channel

Post by Ron »

Glad someone got to see the program. I missed it . Your right about TV just scantily handiling the LDM, but it does promote the legend , which we on this site all seem to be a part of, and it gives us a nice place to be, unlike everyone else who just is swirling in space with no particular place to go. I will be gone for a month on a vacation ,but also to do research on my next book. Got some people to interview, that were involved in the legend about forty years ago. Should be fun.